Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

You will see that the first two acts are nothing compared to the other acts. The game keep getting better and better.

It is the best game I've ever played :yes:

This is especially true if you have played the first three games, where not only do you see a character's personality shine, but you also get to experience the learning process the the characters go through from games 1 - 3.

Definitely and seeing the change that Raiden went through. When he first popped on the codec I was like dude! Then as the game progressed you see how he changed from being relatively happy to just... well, you see how he is.

I really hope the devote a game to him. I really wasn't too fond of him in Sons of Liberty, but seeing his change, I wanna know what happened to him.

Yeah, I think he went from being one of the most hated characters in the second game, to the topic of most of the jokes regarding Major Raikov in the third game. To one of the coolest "OMG I have to play as him in that form" in the fourth game.

I have a question about Act 3.

I am trying to find a resistance member to follow him but when the interceptor tells me I found one and Otacon tells me to look at my map, I see a big orange box but it does not tell me where the resistance member is. How do I find him? I have been walking around for 20 minutes trying to find someone

I am trying to find a resistance member to follow him but when the interceptor tells me I found one and Otacon tells me to look at my map, I see a big orange box but it does not tell me where the resistance member is. How do I find him? I have been walking around for 20 minutes trying to find someone

That's a pretty tricky part of the game, when you follow the resistance member around and you encounter PMC troops, don't tranquilize them or whatever. Just make sure you stay out of sight from everyone, the resistance member AND the PMC troops. The resistance member SHOULD find an alternate path if he encounters military.

^ I lost the resistance member when he disguised himself and joined those 3 PMC's and I cannot find him or any other member to follow. That is my problem

I think after a while a new resistance member should come along for you to follow. You're supposed to get the Game Over screen when you run out of resistance members.

No problem. :)

I think my friends and I got stuck on that section of the game for a good 2 hours.

L3thal - You can use the Solid Eye in normal mode and it will show the resistance member with a blue name ;)

MGS4 was sad in the sense that at the end of the game, EVERYTHING just comes together.

Especially the scene where they walk into the GW AI room and Naomi's face appears on all the monitors after they've activated the virus. As well as the incredibly gut wrenching scene with Snake going through the microwave and Otacon telling him "just a little further".

There's some sad parts here and there unlike MGS3 where it was at the end, to me at least

Yeah, the ending its what made me shed a tear.

L3thal - You can use the Solid Eye in normal mode and it will show the resistance member with a blue name ;)

You guys talking about the tracking scene, have you noticed this then ;) ....

If you have an eagle eye, and look behind you at certain times, the balls dressed up like inspector gadget actually TRAIL YOU in REALTIME!

How cool is that?! :p

@Audioboxer: I noticed a person as I used the IRNV mode often. Didn't clock that it was the Inspector Gadget Balls though!

LMFAO @ the pics.

Question to confirm something:

How did Zero get hold of the Philosophers' Legacy? Was it Ocelot's MGS3 triple-crossing? He was a patriot wasn't he?

Anyone know (and FTR I highly doubt it), but anyone know if MGO has Split Screen play?

I have to go my in laws today for dinner with the family, and my bro-in-law as MGS4, so I am just wondering if there is anything we can play Split Screen in regards to the game?