Firefox 3 Beta 5 is Out!

That is not Beta 5. It is a nightly build.

Beta 4 isn't even released yet. Beta 4 is split from the trunk for Quality Assurance testing before being released as Beta. Because B4 is split, the nightly build bumped their version number up to beta5pre, that is, pre-beta 5 or nightly builds in the Trunk before beta 5

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Its not a proper Beta if it is a Nightly, no? and especially when it says firefox-3.0b5pre

And I'm running Firefox 3 Beta 3, what happened to 4?

oh well my bad then it's pre beta 5 sorry guys but it still looks better than that green back and forward buttons right.

what vs is that?

it is a Vista only VS and it is Called Cleaero by herby at deviant art VS i customized a couple of things for mine though blue Taskmgr and Explorer blue and objectdock plus by stardock

2313021327_e4aaac7755_o.png

2315227616_c55546555c_o.png

Edited by Killa Aaron

I still can't believe they don't have the most basic feature of letting you move the tab bar to the bottom of the screen!!!!!!!!

Well, that would be a silly feature to implement.. I sure hope they spend their time more productively.

I hope to god you were being sarcastic

I still can't believe they don't have the most basic feature of letting you move the tab bar to the bottom of the screen!!!!!!!!

According to this post a simple userChrome edit or using TMP will fix that. See shot below:

post-99705-1204871039.png

According to this post a simple userChrome edit or using TMP will fix that. See shot below:

post-99705-1204871039.png

well A) Tabmix plus wouldn't work on the new beta

B) I searched the default settings folder and couldn't find the userChrome.

But still I can't believe they don't have it in the options if you want the bar on the top or bottom.

I think you're supposed to create the userChrome.css file in this location, if it doesn't already exist:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\<somerandomname>\chrome\userChrome.css

For future reference to everyone here...if there is ever any mention of Mindfiled, then its a nightly (this goes for anytime be it Firefox 3, 4 or whatever. If its called Bon Echo then it is a Firefox beta 3 release like an alpha, beta or RC. If its Firefox, then its a final release, Firefox 3.

No point in starting threads for nightlies. If you see Mindfiel on the title bar, then do not even start a thread.

For future reference to everyone here...if there is ever any mention of Mindfiled, then its a nightly (this goes for anytime be it Firefox 3, 4 or whatever. If its called Bon Echo then it is a Firefox beta 3 release like an alpha, beta or RC. If its Firefox, then its a final release, Firefox 3.

No point in starting threads for nightlies. If you see Mindfiel on the title bar, then do not even start a thread.

Yep.

And minefield is infact like a minefield :) You would'nt want to walk through one, the ground is not stable, you dont know what to expect. The same applies with the browser, it's not stable, it's a minefield :)

Dude, they can't put every little thing in the options menu without killing usability.

If you're having problems with userChrome.css, read this:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

We aren't talking about a obscure option. netcaptor had it, Opera has it basicly every tabbed browser has this option. just not firefox.

We aren't talking about a obscure option. netcaptor had it, Opera has it basicly every tabbed browser has this option. just not firefox.

Not 'every' browser. IE7 doesn't have it either. (but some of the popular IE-based browsers do) Same goes for Safari on Windows.