Creative Goes After Driver Modder

LMFAO!!!! To top everything off, their forums don't seem to render properly in anything but IE (text is cut off at the right). Great coders accross the board over there at Creative!!!

Looks fine in Safari.

creative has terrible drivers!

even the high-end EMU cards have problems under Vista its terrible

memory leaks in the mixer, can't get solid latencies below 20ms, no wavert support after waiting forever and ever

and now they ban the one guy trying to make the situation halfway tolerable for their users

good job retards!

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...essage.id=23909

Guy says that one of the coders of the creative drivers posted some feedback about the recent mass flamefest

The creative rep got it removed but still. I do feel sorry in a way for them as it's really probably not the coders fault that certain choices were made within the company about the whole vista drivers thing.

Also I'm not really sure about that newegg post being official, There is zero proof that it is actually from newegg.

That's a load of crap the pro cards are based on the same drivers

i think your creative programmer is just some turd with a fake account

Looks fine in Safari.

are u sure, I'm on a macbook using safari and some of the post are cut on the right side.

Anyways, this story came just when i was looking to buy a new sound card, any1 know of any good cards out there i can look at?

~X

X@vier try lookin for ASUS's Zonar sound cards supposedly they work bleedin well under Vista (something creatives code bloaters should sit up and take notice of)

http://gizmodo.com/373748/creative-present...-developer-hero

its not gizmodo now, i have an x-fi but i am not buying or promoting creative products anymore at work, imma do what it takes to make sure creative doesn't make money. The cheap dynext via sound cards we sell at work sound and work better then any of the x-fi series in vista, they even have EAX and Open AL support. Yeah vista is partially the blame for the soundstack but now i know that is no longer an excuse because of what daniel_k has done... As dumb as it sounds, my x-fi is the reason i will never go to vista cause its crap in vista...

Hmm, until I see the source for that article claiming newegg have suspended all sales of Creative cards, I can't believe it.

I don't know if this is genuine or not, but Creative needs to sit her @ss down and create working drivers, instead of chasing everyone who tries to help. Maybe they can call him in and help them with their drivers..... :p

I almost bought an X-Fi XtremeGamer for $60 (after $30 rebate) this weekend, but then I saw the rebate is really a ****ty prepaid VISA card. Then I stumbled upon the Razer AC-1 card for $59 on Buy.com. Bought that instead along with the Altec Lansing FX4021 speakers with the $50 off offer using a new Revolution Card. I'd say its quite a steal. So long Creative. It was nice knowing you.

Damage is done and I would say Creative now has the #1 PR tech blunder for the year locked up - And it is not even April yet!

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! We're going down!

Creative Expects 3rd Quarter Loss, Sells HQ Building ( 3-23-2008 )

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/S...%20News/1235910

Stock

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=OTC:CREAF

Get out the popcorn and watch the show as company completely implodes over the span of a few days due to one horrible decision.

Damage is done and I would say Creative now has the #1 PR tech blunder for the year locked up - And it is not even April yet!

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! We're going down!

Creative Expects 3rd Quarter Loss, Sells HQ Building ( 3-23-2008 )

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/S...%20News/1235910

Stock

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=OTC:CREAF

Get out the popcorn and watch the show as company completely implodes over the span of a few days due to one horrible decision.

People keep posting that, but it really doesn't mean anything. Try zooming out on that chart, now look at January. Zoom out farther and look at their stock history over the years instead of just a few days. While this certainly isn't good PR for them, they are not going out of business because of it. Nothing will come of this really, people will find something else to complain about and it will be forgotten.

This is what sluts me off and daniel_K's drivers don't help me as apparently my card isn't an Audigy even though it's identical to low end audigy cards just branded different. :

cvbsfp4.jpg

AC'97 is better then this sadly by AC'97 cooked itself or something :\ so i'm stuck with this rubbish.

Looks like Creative joined the "milk the customer" bandwagon just like Intuit Software (makers of Quicktax). I've been a Creative customer since the early 90's - I stopped buying their products after they released shoddy drivers for my Audigy Platinum eX. I have since been using my on board Realtek soundcard, until recently discovering modded drivers from the likes of daniel_K and others, much to my surprise resurrecting my old sound card to life with newer features (which Creative's drivers could never achieve).

I've boycotted Intuit as well as Creative. These companies fail to realize that its pleasing the customer with a quality product first rather than a shoddy over priced one - its total high-way robbery with these companies now a days.

For those boycotting Creative, who will manufacture your next soundcard? I'm not familiar with any other company besides Creative that make good sounding 5.1/7.1 cards for a reasonable price.

For those boycotting Creative, who will manufacture your next sound card? I'm not familiar with any other company besides Creative that make good sounding 5.1/7.1 cards for a reasonable price.

I'm currently on the base-level Realtek on-board audio (outputting at Optical-out, Coaxial out (im using this))

OR

my next purchase M-Audio Revolution 7.1

For those boycotting Creative, who will manufacture your next soundcard? I'm not familiar with any other company besides Creative that make good sounding 5.1/7.1 cards for a reasonable price.

Asus, Auzentech, Razer, M-Audio... there are a few out there. Creative has shafted consumers time after time and there is no way I'm giving them another chance.

my auzen x-fi prelude does an amazing job of utilizing the creative x-fi processor and then adding the features for windows vista that creative labs chooses not to. as of this point there is only dolby digital live support, but some time in Q2 there should be a driver update to add dts interactive and dts neo:pc . there is also a linux driver in the works.

Am I the only one that agrees with Creative here? What he did was illegal, it does not matter if it was better or not. It is simply illegal, and Creative has every right to make him stop violating the law and their EULA. They could have sued if they wanted to, but did not.

NOW if he made the drivers from scratch like the majority of Linux developer do, that is one thing. But he just modified their work.

OR he contacted Creative about it, or took the drivers to them personally WITH a resume just in case. Not doing it yourself and handing it out yourself.

And another thing. I dont see how this alone will force you to stop buying creative stuff. I have 3 computers, 3 vista OS, and 3 different creative cards and they all work fine. Yes 5.1 and 7.1 sound works too. So I do not know what the problem is, unless I am just lucky. But 3 of my friends have creative cards and they work fine too, so what are you guys doing wrong?

any link for the driver please ?, i want to put a mirror for it on my site.

You can find them in the last line of his quotation in this article:

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/04/daniel_k-who-fi.html

Or if you want, a torrent:

http://digg.com/hardware/Creative_threaten...56343#c14056343

Congrats, Creative. You've succeeded being an a$$hole You find someone doing your job, fixing your broken sh*t and, although the only mistake he did was asking for donations, you reward him by deleting all his posts (even those that aren't driver related) on your forum, and publicly (instead of a message) threatened him.

The archived forum thread:

http://creative.edited.us/page.php?start=1