Guest List using MySQL & PHP

Question

Hi!

I'm looking to create a list of people invited to a party using MySQL and PHP so that more than one person can manage the list. I'm not familiar at all with MySQL :( . What I basically need is an online form which takes data from a MySQL database, presenting it all in a form:

-Guest name

-Paid or not Paid

The person would then be able to change the status from Not Paid to Paid, using a checkbox or something.

I would really appreciate any help. I know it's probably easy for many people who know MySQL, but it can be a difficult task for most :p

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Sounds like a home work assignment.

How much do you know - are you familiar with PHP, HTML, SQL?

I've only worked with HTML (very familiar) and PHP (noob is too good a term for me :D)

I understand how MySQL works in general as a database backend, it's just the commands I need to understand. I just need someone to point me in the right direction I guess.

I've only worked with HTML (very familiar) and PHP (noob is too good a term for me :D)

I understand how MySQL works in general as a database backend, it's just the commands I need to understand. I just need someone to point me in the right direction I guess.

The commands to use MySQL? Use PHPMyAdmin, just stick it on your web server and point it at your db server.

SQL is pretty straight forward.

And all of the functions to use MySQL in PHP can be found here, http://au.php.net/mysql. With examples. :)