cannot uninstall ie8

Well, a few months ago, i installed ie8, and now its really annoys me, so i go to add and remove, find ie8 and click it, and guess what? the remove button is not there! what i do? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

it will restore your system to before you installed ie8, and yes if u installed other apps after ie8 u will need to re-install them, but if it realy annoys you, then its your best bet

On Vista it is hidden away in the View Installed Updates section. You still get to it via Control Panel -> Uninstall a program. But then it is sitting over on the left panel.

Click on View installed updates.

Find IE8 in the list and click Uninstall from the top bar.

I use Youruninstaller to uninstall programs, really great program and it lets you uninstall all windows components that the default xp uninstaller might not even list.

Its not free though.

There is also a standalone version of IE7, which let you install it besides other IE versions,

http://tredosoft.com/IE7_standalone

you never said you were using XP, I read somewhere that you may need to re-install ie8 (even a couple of times), to fix the broken unistaller issue, hope this helps.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the uninstaller of an early beta of something so tightly integrated with the OS to properly cleanup after itself to begin with. I had IE8 installed on a machine, wanted to get rid of it, and never even looked for the installer. Wipe/reinstall, no questions asked; I've been working with Windows long enough to know better.

If you can't afford to do that to this particular machine, you shouldn't be running an early IE beta on it anyway. If you don't have another machine, Virtual PC is free.

Q1: Which OS are you using and did you install any updates or Service Packs?

Q2: Which IE did you have before IE8? And did you update that IE regularly?

^ I agree. IE 8 Beta + SP3 Beta on a live system isn't such a great idea.

--

Anyways, Saryth, I've created an uninstaller for you that should revert you back to IE7. As usual, don't forget to close all open programs. Create a System Restore Point if possible.

Download: ie8beta_uninstaller_XPSP2.zip (8.58 MB)

Dude, please understand what you are doing before running a beta, upon a beta, and then deleting deliberately hidden folders within system folders.

Seriously...

got a new PC anyways, now how am i gonna get past WGA on that system.......

It says sp2, it might not work

EDIT: YAY, it worked, mand my pc is smooth :) thanks Dex :)

Edited by Saryth

got a new PC anyways, now how am i gonna get past WGA on that system.......

It says sp2, it might not work

EDIT: YAY, it worked, mand my pc is smooth :) thanks Dex :)

Give it a few days. You might change opinions.