What's the longest PC uptime you've ever had?

What's the longest PC uptime you've ever had?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Longest uptime before restarting

• 1 Week or Less
    • 1-2 Weeks
    • 2-3 Weeks
    • 3-4 Weeks
    • Longer than 4 Weeks (Specify in reply if you like)

PC uptime? Less than 3 days. When I used a PC as my main computer, I always turned it off instead of sleeping.

OSX uptime? ~6 weeks. The only reason I restarted was to install a system update.

My P4's uptime with XP was 60 days. I had to reboot it for updates.

My P4's uptime with Vista SP1 is currently 32 days and counting.

6 weeks or something like that, nowadays though i reboot every 2 or 3 days and spend time between vista, xp and ubuntu (xp atm)

Edited by CactuzJak

I remember having a second pc that had over a year uptime that served me as mail and bot on irc back when I was at university. Sigh, that's 11 years ago!

ahh old dalnet that was so funny!

I believe I've had my PC on for ~ 2 1/2 months without a restart....it was still doing fine but I turned it off because I was leaving for a week or so straight.

Prolly a month at the most. I usually restart to go back to XP and vice versa.

My PC is on 24/7, and Vista x64 has been good to me, never crashed. The last time I rebooted was after the installation of SP1.

48 Hours I think, but that's because I was downloading. I don't see why it should be running constantly, draining power and doing nothing.

without restart about a few months (since i had ro run some updates and the like) otehrwise about a year plus ... then i had to shut down for some dust cleanup and the sorts ....

My old P2 print server had nearly 2 years uptime. Only crashed once, and I was able to recover it by SSH'ing into it and killing a rogue process. It must've survived a fair few power cuts and physical moves too (a P2 doesn't put much strain on a UPS designed for a P4 :p).

Shame it's been made redundant by my new printer.

Edit - just powered it up again and the never-updated installation of Vector Linux still works :D

uptime == Anyone who posts an uptime of a Windows Based box.. that is showing over 30 days is basically saying My system can be exploited. Since Microsoft has been releasing Criticals every 2nd Tuesday of the month for over a year now. So don't be proud of your high uptime, cause I'm going to root your box.

Three years ago I had my old P3 667Mhz system running for 72 days straight until a power cut during a thunderstorm shut it off.

I had it running as a general file dump and a torrent and printer server. The computer was 5 years old at the time. It still runs well today and even has the original 20Gb Seagate HD.

uptime == Anyone who posts an uptime of a Windows Based box.. that is showing over 30 days is basically saying My system can be exploited. Since Microsoft has been releasing Criticals every 2nd Tuesday of the month for over a year now. So don't be proud of your high uptime, cause I'm going to root your box.
While I think it is unwise to not update (and reboot to apply, if necessary) your system, it is absurd to say you can be rooted if your uptime is over 30 days old.
  1. Not all patches involve exploits that are remote
  2. Even if the exploit is remote, it may not involve a system level compromise
  3. Even the remote/system exploits may rely on other factors, like use of the Microsoft JET engine or such.

And finally, those are only known/patched vulnerabilities. So, at any time, any system could potentially be compromised by a non-public exploit.

That totally removes significance to the "30 day" rule. ;)

I believe it was something like 50 some odd days.. back in the days. but now my all my electronics turn off during random nights for some reason....