[Ext] Glasser - Add Vista Glass to Firefox

Well from what I can gather, the code is basically painting the areas that are transparent black and then DWM wrappping them. If there was a way to also paint the bookmarks toolbar black and then DWM wrap it too, it would work. However, that is something the author can do, not me :(

Yes someone should create a total Glass theme.

Well I can make the background on it to be none but it just becomes a dark black. Is there an image I need to use to make it glass like?

Edit: So I figured out a temporary fix for now. I put mine next to the menu bar (file, edit, etc.) and it works but I would like to eventually have the bar transparent.

I put mine into the navigation bar which was Glass like and then the screen jumps up and down. :blink:

I'm currently using the Gmail manager extension with glasser.

There's just one small problem, when "Un-Maximized", the text for the extension is clear, and when maximized, the text becomes black on maximized black, which is just a little hard to see, ha.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of fix for this.

I put mine into the navigation bar which was Glass like and then the screen jumps up and down. :blink:

Here's how mine looks:

Firefox.bmp

I'm currently using the Gmail manager extension with glasser.

There's just one small problem, when "Un-Maximized", the text for the extension is clear, and when maximized, the text becomes black on maximized black, which is just a little hard to see, ha.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of fix for this.

Post a shot so we can see what you're talking about?

That seems to be a problem with your theme. Most Vista theme's don't have maximized transparency. So you should find a theme you like that has maximized transparency. If you like your current theme, you can always hex it to have transparency in maximize. There's a great tutorial out there that teaches that.

I really would love to use this extension apart from the fact that I switched to Opera recently. If something like this was released for Opera that would be fantastic (Y).

That seems to be a problem with your theme. Most Vista theme's don't have maximized transparency. So you should find a theme you like that has maximized transparency. If you like your current theme, you can always hex it to have transparency in maximize. There's a great tutorial out there that teaches that.

Hmmm, that's odd, since I'm just using the regular Aero, and the Default theme for Firefox. But again, maximized or not, transparent or not, as you can see, the text is unreadable. I guess I'll just disable Glasser for now.

Hmmm, that's odd, since I'm just using the regular Aero, and the Default theme for Firefox. But again, maximized or not, transparent or not, as you can see, the text is unreadable. I guess I'll just disable Glasser for now.

Exactly. Regular Aero is not transparent when maximized. Also what do you mean text is unreadable? There should be text next to the mail icon?

Okay, I installed the add-on from the Mozilla site and restarted Firefox and nothing really changed. Am I missing something, I see nothing to drag and drop? Using FF 3 and Vista

Okay, I installed the add-on from the Mozilla site and restarted Firefox and nothing really changed. Am I missing something, I see nothing to drag and drop? Using FF 3 and Vista

You have to add the link I posted in an extension called Stylish.

Nevermind, just noticed it dosen't work in full screen mode. Any news on this being fixed?

Thanks for your help Gary7 :)

Edited by .KICK

Exactly. Regular Aero is not transparent when maximized. Also what do you mean text is unreadable? There should be text next to the mail icon?

I just wanted to say thanks for your help so far. :) .

Yeah, the Gmail manager has a little number next to it displaying how many e-mails there are, but as my other screenshots showed, for some reason, the number is either clear when the window frame is clear, or black when the entire window frame is black. Therefore making it unreadable :laugh: .

Maybe I'll try asking in Glasser's Mozilla support forums thread?

I just wanted to say thanks for your help so far. :) .

Yeah, the Gmail manager has a little number next to it displaying how many e-mails there are, but as my other screenshots showed, for some reason, the number is either clear when the window frame is clear, or black when the entire window frame is black. Therefore making it unreadable :laugh: .

Maybe I'll try asking in Glasser's Mozilla support forums thread?

Your welcome and you should take a look at the hex editing vista tutorial by Uk.Intel, it will show you what to change to get transparency when maximized. After that is done, we can see if the font still does not work.

Geez :argh: This is not a Fx issue but a Vista issue. :wacko:

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it... awesome work, guys (Y)

Edit #2: Anyone know why the last pixel or two of the bookmark toolbar text and home button text are cut off? And is there a way to just make those icons (instead of icons and text), too? Thanks :D

Edited by Ayepecks

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it... awesome work, guys (Y)

Edit #2: Anyone know why the last pixel or two of the bookmark toolbar text and home button text are cut off? And is there a way to just make those icons (instead of icons and text), too? Thanks :D

The cut off text is mentioned in the known issues of the head post for this topic. It's because of a bug that originally I believed was in Firefox, but may actually be Cairo, don't know. Try voting on the bug.. maybe Mozilla will fix it before release. Personally it has never bothered me too much.

Is it fully working with RC1?

I just receive an invite to update my b5 to RC1 but when firefox checks the pugins it says Glasser doesnt work with new ver. of FF.

Any idea?

Is it fully working with RC1?

I just receive an invite to update my b5 to RC1 but when firefox checks the pugins it says Glasser doesnt work with new ver. of FF.

Any idea?

Yes it does. I am using it and I did not force it.