How do I replace Cleartype with OS X's lookalike?

so i've been tinkering around with gdi++ and while it works, almost every application i open throws an error of needing msvcr80.dll even though the program opens fine after i click ok. if i stick msvcr80.dll in the system32 directory, then i get a new error saying "Runtime Error R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C Runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application support team for more information." has anyone else experienced that when trying to get gdi++ working?

search google for microsoft c runtime library and install that :)

Hey guys, I'm running Vista x64, is there any way to get this app to hook into 64-bit executables? currently only 32-bit apps are affected, but 64-bit ones like explorer.exe isn't. Sucks.

I cant decide whether I love it or hate it :p

It does look rather smooth... BTW the latest version fixes the screwups in the taskbar... you just download and run :)

Plus you can set weighting, antialiasing, etc per individual font.

Just wondering whats the ramifications of using this with Vista Aero - Is the font rendering shuftied to DWM or is it still GDI?

If so doesnt that mean your bypassing the hardware acceleration of DWM?

Edit: CPU Load makes me unhappy :p

I have been looking for this kind of tool for a while now :). I think font rendering is all done by GDI+. Not an expert on the subject though.

Just wondering whats the ramifications of using this with Vista Aero - Is the font rendering shuftied to DWM or is it still GDI?

If so doesnt that mean your bypassing the hardware acceleration of DWM?

Edit: CPU Load makes me unhappy :p

only affects GDI(+) apps, GDI(+) apps don't get hardware acceleration anyway.

Download the source and compile it, I'd think not sure whether it has 64bit support though

easier said than done. Is there any sort of guide that shows me how to compile something? I can do it in linux with the terminal (and only sometimes), but in windows i have no clue.

You don't need GDI or anything like that. And here is proof. Here is what "My Documents" looks like.

Windows Xp SP2

OMG that looks nice.

You don't need GDI or anything like that. And here is proof. Here is what "My Documents" looks like.

1e9de6881f..png

Windows Xp SP2

'Downloads' is misspelt.

That screenshot illustrates nothing but a XP SP2 system looking like a Mac system,

It still has the font ugliness.. Slap GDI++ on it and it should look nicer :p

As to the 64bit guy - You asked where to get it, I provided the answer.

You could try snooping around the authors site but its in Japanese...

'Downloads' is misspelt.

That screenshot illustrates nothing but a XP SP2 system looking like a Mac system,

It still has the font ugliness.. Slap GDI++ on it and it should look nicer :p

As to the 64bit guy - You asked where to get it, I provided the answer.

You could try snooping around the authors site but its in Japanese...

Wrong. GDI would make it bold, hence far from mac fonts.

Wrong. GDI would make it bold, hence far from mac fonts.

I think "bold" would look a lot better than "heinous". . . which is the way it looks now.

Maybe it's just my display, but the fonts are thin and it looks as if they "fade" away or something.

Just my opinion.

I'm about to give this little app a try for myself.

GDI only looks good on default windows fonts. The fonts I use are pre-smoothed, so if I use GDI over them it will look messed up.

Ehh?