Chelsea boss

Who should be the next Blues manager?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as manager at the Bridge?

• Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Luiz Felipe Scolari
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Frank Rijkaard
    • None of these!

Apparently, AC Milan have rejected an approach from Chelsea for Ancelotti. I have also heard, that Chelsea have made a tentative approach to Lippi (who has not had a job since he won the World Cup).

I still can't believe Lippi has been out of a job since 2006. He's easily one of the best managers on the market.

Why would he do that? :blink:

Well he has created a good team at Blackburn but of course money speaks.

Well he has created a good team at Blackburn but of course money speaks.

Exactly mate.. IMO he is too big for Blackburn (no offense).. He should be at a bigger club with more money and better infrastructure so we can really see what he is capable of and it seems Blackburn cant give him any more.. hope he suceeds thoug at a big club and its not another "Big Sam story".. :unsure:

Edited by Kralik

WOW!!! Not a single vote for Klinsmann... either u ppl are thinking no chance or no one thinks he is that good.. lol.. Someone create a poll for this.. lol :p

Hughes would be stupid to go to City, he's practically guaranteed the United job once Ferguson retires in 3/4 years.

Is he tho? they keep saying its carlos queiroz who will eventually take the reigns but if you see what he did with Madrid they may think against that option.

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea are in talks with the representatives of Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti.

Chelsea are homing in on their new manager after sacking Avram Grant less than two weeks ago after just eight months in charge.

The Premier League runners-up are understood to have narrowed down their short list for the job to two names.

Blackburn Rovers manager Mark Hughes, who is also interesting Manchester City, is one of the Blues' targets to replace Grant.

The other contender is an overseas coach and it appears Chelsea have made a renewed attempt to prise Ancelotti away from the San Siro.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani revealed at the weekend that the club had turned down Chelsea's request to hold talks with Ancelotti.

However, Sky Sports News understands that the Blues are meeting with Ancelotti's representatives to discuss the possibility of taking charge at Stamford Bridge.

Sven Goran Eriksson, Frank Rijkaard, Guus Hiddink, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Roberto Mancini are among the names to have been linked with the Chelsea position, but it now seems to be a straight fight between Hughes and Ancelotti for the job.

Carlo Ancelotti says he is staying at Milan after Chelsea confirmed no one has been approached regarding the vacant manager's position.

Sky Sports News understands that the Premier League club had agreed terms with Ancelotti's advisors over a deal to replace Avram Grant at Stamford Bridge.

But, speaking to reporters outside Milan's club headquarters, Ancelotti confirmed he is not planning to leave the San Siro.

"There haven't been any contacts with Roman Abramovich's club," Ancelotti told the Italian media

"These rumours are the usual speculations that are repeated each year.

"I stay at Milan 150%"

Nice sig btw Rappy, my favourite yet from you!

Kaley :wub:

:D

Chelsea have reportedly put Roma manager Luciano Spalletti top of their wanted list after missing out on Carlo Ancelotti and Mark Hughes.

Hughes is set to be named Manchester City's new manager while Ancelotti ruled out a move away from Milan on Tuesday.

Although The Blues have also been linked with the likes of Roberto Mancini and Marcello Lippi, it is another Italian who now appears to be winning the race to succeed Avram Grant according to reports in the British press.

Milan's vice-president stated last Saturday that Ancelotti and "another Italian coach" were top of Chelsea's wish list although he refused to divulge the name of the second man.

Spalletti was named Serie A Coach of the Year in 2006 while last season he helped Roma become the first ever Italian side to defeat Real Madrid in both legs of their UEFA Champions League clash.

Although 49-year-old is not the obvious candidate to replace Grant he revitalised Udinese during his three-year spell with the club while also guiding Roma to second in Serie A last season.

Chelsea would almost certainly be able to agree a compensation package with Roma who are struggling financially with parent company Italpetroli having debuts in the region of ?300million.

Any lingering doubt about the likelihood of Ancelotti's arrival at Stamford Bridge was soon dispelled in unequivocal fashion by the double Champions League winner, however, as he spelt out his desire to remain at the San Siro.

"I'm staying at AC Milan for sure, and for many seasons to come," he said.

"I've not spoken to anyone at Chelsea - any other reports are football talk and pure speculation."

Mark Hughes has been appointed as the new manager of Manchester City after signing a three-year contract.

Hughes held talks with the City hierarchy in London on Tuesday evening and agreed to leave Blackburn after a second round of talks.

City's only serious concern was a late move by Chelsea, but BBC Sport believes Hughes was never on their short-list.

And City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has now landed his top target after Sven-Goran Eriksson's dismissal.

Shinawatra said: "He's an outstanding manager who has achieved many things with Blackburn.

"Mark was always the first choice of our new executive chairman, Garry Cook. Together they will make a great team. They will both prove to be excellent acquisitions, I'm sure."

Shame Hughes will only be fired end of next season.

I wonder how many Blackburn players will end up at city.

I think Chelsea's new manager will either be Scolari or Lippi but depending on how Russia do in the Euro i think Roman will approach Hiddink (If i remember rightly it was Roman who helped the Russians get Hiddink in the 1st place).

At least with going to City he has more control. Shame, I would have liked him to become Man Utd manager one day. No chance of that going to happen. It's still a good move, he gots Ufea cup football next season and can bulid a good squad up.

So finally it is done... very good choice.. but lets see how he and the boss get along.. especially if the first few results are not that great for the blues..

Edited by Kralik

• 2 weeks later...