Warcraft III TFT problem. Closes unexpectedly.

---------------------------

war3

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: e:\my programs\warcraft iii\war3.exe

Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F31DAC0

The instruction at '0x6F31DAC0' referenced memory at '0x0000003C'.

The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

OK

I have this problem every now and then. Thank god i don't play online or else i would have a bad reputation by now. The program just closes and i get this message.

And sometimes it just closes without giving me any messages.

And yes my system is kind of crapped out at the moment but this has been going over for quite some time.

Anyone know the solution to this problem?

Suggestions are very much welcome.

Thanks.

Hello Mohammad_Khalid_Hussain,

Click here for a possible fix. It may or may not work but it's the best I could find with a quick google. Good luck! (Y)

Since you don't play online, the chances are that you don't have the latest patch from battle.net. To get the latest patch just simply connect to battle.net You will be interrupted and begin to download the latest patch before you get a chance to log in.

I'm currently using 1.21b patch.

I will try all those solutions and see if it will solve my problem..

Thanks a lot.

If you have a dual core system, WAR3 will crash unexpectedly due to multi-thread issues. I had this problem on my old laptop, I found once I set the affinity manually, or automatically with 3rd party programs, it fixed my problem.

If you don't have a dual core/cpu system, then this obviously doesn't apply :p

If you have a dual core system, WAR3 will crash unexpectedly due to multi-thread issues. I had this problem on my old laptop, I found once I set the affinity manually, or automatically with 3rd party programs, it fixed my problem.

Huh? I've got a dual core system and I've had no problems with wc3 tft crashing.. and I don't even know how to set the affinity manually or whatever. I'm on Vista if that makes a difference.

edit: I have had some problems with there being video lag.. like the game just freezes for a few hundred mili seconds for no real reason.. I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen offline though so I've just blamed battle.net.

I have the Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2Ghz. Does this apply?

And where to set this 'affinity' manually?

I have updated my display drivers and still checking to see if i can replicate the error again.