Euro 2008

Carlos Queiroz has indicated he could soon leave Man United to take charge of the Portugal national side.

Queiroz is the leading contender to succeed Luiz Felipe Scolari, who stepped down after Euro 2008 to move to Chelsea.

Lets see what he does with the national team. I predict he will be much better than Scolari. Scolari's system was atrocious. I mean, who plays with only one forward and sticks like 6 midfielders in there while putting defenders in the opposite side of the position they play (Ferreira).

Now the question is, will Queiroz set up a national team to play similar to how Man. United plays? :shifty:

Good for him. He would have been stuck as assistant manager for 3 more years at Man Utd and I don't think he would have wanted that!

Good for him. He would have been stuck as assistant manager for 3 more years at Man Utd and I don't think he would have wanted that!

Yeah.. he is a brialliant manager.. im sure he'll win some trophies for the Portugese..

Is the 'special' one really that special?? I personally cant wait to see.. so this will be the first season of Serie A that I'll be watching completely :p

If Marcello Lippi's predictions would be correct, in around ten months we will be commenting on Inter's 4th consecutive Scudetto victory. According to the Italian national team coach the Nerazzurri are the favorites for the title ahead of the new season.

"I like Mourinho very much," he said, "for this reason I think Inter are the favorites to win the Scudetto. Mourinho is a tough guy, but when so many players speak positively about a coach, it means he has done well."

Edited by Kralik

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson won't rush to replace assistant Carlos Queiroz, who left Friday to become Portugal coach. Ferguson's former forward Brian McClair, currently the academy director, is one of the leading candidates to replace Queiroz. Laurent Blanc, another former United player, and Benfica coach Pako Ayesteran, a former No. 2 at Liverpool, have also been tipped.
Edited by Kralik

Francesco Totti has not ruled out a return to the Italy squad, a year after calling time on his international career.

Totti is good friends with returning Italy boss Marcello Lippi and speculation has been rife that he would reverse his decision and link up once again with the coach who steered the Azzurri to their World Cup success two years ago.

Italian "old guard" making a come back!!

Marcello Lippi insists he will not pressure Francesco Totti and Alessandro Nesta to come out of international retirement.

Both players called time on their Italy careers last year, but speculation has been rife that with Lippi back in the hotseat Totti and Nesta would reverse their decisions and link up once again with the coach, who steered the Azzurri to their World Cup success two years ago.

Lippi said: "I often speak to Totti but I would not call anyone to ask them to come back. I respect their decision and I would never try to change somebody's mind."

He added: "They have to call me and ask to return, I would talk to them and we would take a decision.

Edited by Kralik

Marcello Lippi insists he will not pressure Francesco Totti and Alessandro Nesta to come out of international retirement.

Sad, such great talents. Unfortunately they will continue to be nothing with out godly totti!'

ps - 100th page!