Doubt about iPhone first battery charge

Hello all. I hope this is the correct forum to ask.

I just bought a brand new iphone for me yesterday. Used it a lot, youtube, google maps, calls, everything.

Now i'm on the way to charge the battery for the first time since it came out of the box.

The doubt is: For how long should i chanrge it ?? I mean, this is the first charge i'll do, i was looking at apple site, but it says nothing about.

A normal charge would be fine (i mean, when i get the battery icon charged is fine) or should i leave that charge, for like, 6, 12 or 24h ??

Apreciate all help.

thx

you can just leave it in the cradle, and check up on every now and then, until the battery meter shows full, and remove it.

devices these days recharge alot faster then the previous stated "8-10 hour charge"

Charge it to the max to be on the safe side.

Buying an iPhone yesterday probably wasnt the best idea with the release of the 3G iPhone on Monday!

YEAH, agreed. But i don't leave at US where i can go fast on monday and buy a brand new 3G iphone. I live in Brazil, where they arrive here overpriced (i paid like $600 for mine 16GB :/) and also they take a bit to arrive here, so no troubles in buy an "old iphone" :p

BTW thx for the answers :)

Edited by tester.br