iMac Backlight Bleeding

iMac Backlight Bleeding  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Does your iMac have backlight bleeding?

• Yes it does, and it drives me insane
    • Yes it does, but I could care less
    • Nope, my screen is fine

^I'm glad to hear that finally worked out for you. :)

Customers happy with their purchases rarely post about them online, those who have problems or feel 'slighted' are normally the ones who make the most noise about a product justifiable or not.

While that is true, reading about some of the issues people have had can really worry me.

Like this issue: http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/17/15-mac...striping-issue/. It's a very bizarre issue, and is something to worry about.

On another note, I don't live close to an Apple store. I was in the 5th Avenue Apple Store in NYC two months ago, and I was very awe stricken by the MacBook Pro displays. They were absolutely gorgeous, bright, and clear. What I don't remember about the displays they had, was whether they were matte or glossy displays. Would you know off the top of your head if the display models for MacBook Pro's are matte or glossy? I think they were matte, only the quality was so good, that it's making me wonder if it was glossy or not.

I would be really disappointed if I got one of those beauties and the screen gets the vertical striping issue.

^I'm glad to hear that finally worked out for you. :)

While that is true, reading about some of the issues people have had can really worry me.

Like this issue: http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/17/15-mac...striping-issue/. It's a very bizarre issue, and is something to worry about.

On another note, I don't live close to an Apple store. I was in the 5th Avenue Apple Store in NYC two months ago, and I was very awe stricken by the MacBook Pro displays. They were absolutely gorgeous, bright, and clear. What I don't remember about the displays they had, was whether they were matte or glossy displays. Would you know off the top of your head if the display models for MacBook Pro's are matte or glossy? I think they were matte, only the quality was so good, that it's making me wonder if it was glossy or not.

I would be really disappointed if I got one of those beauties and the screen gets the vertical striping issue.

You know, I read that article from MacRumors and, once again, haven't had that issue at all on any units I have received. I don't know if I have the best luck in the world or if these are just not as common as people make them out to be... Who knows. :)

The displays are normally 50/50, half Matte and half Glossy to give a good idea of the differences in screen. With that being said I find the Matte Screens are great, the glossy may have better 'rich' colors but on a mobile system I don't want the glare myself. :)