Combat Arms open beta on Fileplanet

http://www.fileplanet.com/187177/180000/fi...pen-Beta-Client

Just thought I'd post this as an FYI to my fellow gamers. Combat Arms is a F2P FPS in the vein of Warrock (but it has no vehicles). Combat Arms has much, much nicer graphics, runs smooth as butter, feels great (the weapons and all) sounds great, and has alot of people playing it.

You can customize your weapons (nothing incredibly deep) with silences, bigger clips, ACOG scopes etc. Buy new weapons (not all are in the beta though) and stuff like that.

For more information on the game, head on over to http://combatarms.nexon.net/

And just so everyone knows, you DO NOT need to be a Fileplanet member in order to join the open beta now. Anyone can get in as of today. Enjoy :)

Well just to be sure guys, the game doesn't look like the video they have up there, heh. Just check out the screenshots if you wanna see how it actually looks. I've been trying to find out what engine this runs on, whether it's a custom engine or a well known one, because for such a small download it looks terrific. I see some Unreal Tournament 2004 in it, and even some Doom 3'ish stuff in there, but I can't find out which engine it is. Kinda stink :(

But it's actually quite a fun game, I'm glad at least some of you are going to try it out :) My in-game nick is LordLOC, and I'm usually on the first server and first channel (it's a room based deal like Warrock etc) so maybe we can team up. And if enough of you guys try it and like it, maybe we can create a Neowin clan (clans were just added in this beta segment)

:)

Haha yea it's really different from the video. I was expecting squad based action but it's pretty much a pure FPS kill or be killed XD I was on a server earlier where they weren't all Rambo-like running around like noobs, so it was kinda squad based... kinda. Good stuff.

Still mad fun to play, learning and getting better at it. I get a lot of kills but I die a lot myself LOL

Yeah, it's a total blast to play it. Like I said, I'm quite surprised how much I enjoy playing it.

Of course, in between the 12 year old kids calling me a hacker or a lagger and the idiots who teamkill, it's like playing on Xbox Live or Counter-Strike or something :D

WTF it won't send me a verification email for the nexon account and when I try to have it send it to a different email I get "system error please try again"

Must go off IP address cause i just tried to sign in with my account i created before the beta and it says connection failed. Bit stupid limiting it to America when they are a Korean developer.

Well I am in america and it let me sign up but I just can't get the verification email. I think their servers are just getting raped.

NOTE: This beta is for North American, South American and Australian users ONLY!

If you are not in one of those regions do not bother, as I just downloaded it to test and it wouldn't log on, giving an error of ERRORCODE PI , 30022 which is their very informative way of saying you cannot run the game.

Finally got in, pretty fun game :) came in first the first match I played lol. Definitely a beta though, The gfx settings don't work right, I can't set it on high, it just resets back to low, I can go to custom and turn everything up but it won't let me turn on shadows at all. There is no vsync and forcing it with the nvidia control panel doesn't seem to work.

post-159052-1215097723_thumb.png

Yeah sorry for forgetting to mention it was NA, SA and AUS only. :(

So how do you guys like it so far?

And Viper, your a hacker!

Well I'm pretty much getting the hang of it now, getting a lot more kills than deaths now lol

My username is x9248... pretty much on the first server in the first room.

I've made the rank (One ^ and a bar under it) where you can't play on the first server anymore... which sucks. The next lowest server isn't "medium" as you'd expect, it's full of high ranking people with clans. It took me awhile to find a room with similar ranking as me, and when I did it was full of idiots PKing each other...

Pretty ****ed right now at the game, don't feel like playing lol