Macbook battery health

I checked istats yesterday and was shocked to see that the battery health on my Macbook dropped form 98% to a 0%. Just wondering if this is okay? My Macbook is brand new with just 1 week of use.

I have it completely charged and it shows to charge 11 cycles. Now im a real noob and have no idea about it. Also, what does the indicator green lights indicate which are at the bottom? For the record, there are no lights glowing right now.

Is this fine? LIke I said my Macbook is a week old.

Edited by thextinct

I checked istats yesterday and was shocked to see that the battery health on my Macbook dropped form 98% to a 0%. Just wondering if this is okay? My Macbook is brand new with just 1 week of use.

I have it completely charged and it shows to charge 11 cycles. Now im a real noob and have no idea about it. Also, what does the indicator green lights indicate which are at the bottom? For the record, there are no lights glowing right now.

Is this fine? LIke I said my Macbook is a week old.

How long does a battery charge last?

How long does a battery charge last?

wel it lasts quite long for near around 4hrs if im just using it to surf and check my mail..

• 1 month later...

My battery health suddenly dropped a lot too. The last week it went from 99% to 95%. I haven't used my laptop more than other days. But I almost never keep it connected to the magsafe when fully charged. 142 cycles now.

Just over 500 cycles here, 96% Battery Health.

I recommend you leave your MacBook on till the battery completely drains (Mac OS X will go into sleep mode) leave it a few more hours till the battery completely drains and rests for a while. I find usually giving it a complete 12 hours from a full charge gets the job completely done. Then plug it back in and fully charge it, your battery health should go back up to 99% at least, if it dosnt, it's a dodgy battery.

Just over 500 cycles here, 96% Battery Health.

I recommend you leave your MacBook on till the battery completely drains (Mac OS X will go into sleep mode) leave it a few more hours till the battery completely drains and rests for a while. I find usually giving it a complete 12 hours from a full charge gets the job completely done. Then plug it back in and fully charge it, your battery health should go back up to 99% at least, if it dosnt, it's a dodgy battery.

Wow, that actually worked. Back to 100% now :D

Thanks a lot

Wow, that actually worked. Back to 100% now :D

Thanks a lot

Glad I could help, I try and do a battery calibration whenever I've got spare time as obviously I use my battery a lot :)

i've been away for 4 months (w/out macbook) and came back to find my battery dead. apparently they can die if not used for a long time. apple agreed to replace it for free though (2 year old macbook)...

my macbook is now two years old and my battery lasts... 2h.. 2h30m if you're not doing something big. kinda sucks. i didn't want to buy a new battery but i guess i'll have to sooner or later :(

232 cycles, 77% battery life :(

my macbook is now two years old and my battery lasts... 2h.. 2h30m if you're not doing something big. kinda sucks. i didn't want to buy a new battery but i guess i'll have to sooner or later :(

232 cycles, 77% battery life :(

My Macbook is about 2 yrs old too and only lasts about 1 hr.. 1h30m max... i wonder if i qualify for their battery program.. with just over 200 cycles. It also takes awfully long to charge up while using it.

Macbook and Macbook Pro Battery Update

*Battery exhibits low charge capacity/runtime when using a fully charged battery with a battery cycle count (as shown in System Profiler) of less than 300. *

Anyone know if I would/could fall under the above statement??

Im still surprised at the life of my battery, according to coconut battery 2.6.3 it states that my battery's capacity is 5184mAh with an original of 5020mAh, so it's actually a little over a 100%.

It's done 545 Battery load cycles and my mac is current 23months old.

Ive always let the battery drain and then charge to 100%, rinse and repeat.

Im still surprised at the life of my battery, according to coconut battery 2.6.3 it states that my battery's capacity is 5184mAh with an original of 5020mAh, so it's actually a little over a 100%.

It's done 545 Battery load cycles and my mac is current 23months old.

Ive always let the battery drain and then charge to 100%, rinse and repeat.

I'll really like to know the secret of your success!

I charge to 100%, drain to sleep and charge again to 100%.. but my battery is at 36% capacity now.

Just got off the phone with Apple.. spoke to a great guy.. free replacement battery on the way.. happy happy...

:)

Edited by rayjin

I'll really like to know the secret of your success!

I charge to 100%, drain to sleep and charge again to 100%.. but my battery is at 36% capacity now.

Just got off the phone with Apple.. spoke to a great guy.. free replacement battery on the way.. happy happy...

:)

Did he not ask you to ship the Macbook? or are they sending the battery through mail without any real confirmation on your battery stats? If it is ... maybe good for a local business :p

Did he not ask you to ship the Macbook? or are they sending the battery through mail without any real confirmation on your battery stats? If it is ... maybe good for a local business :p

Always looking to gain money from something. ;)

Ps. Your signature is incorrect. The "a" before "team" is unnecessary.

Hahah.. no.. but you do have to return the old battery or you'll get charged on your card.