[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Media Molecule inadvertently reveals LBP Tracklist

Ok, so a few sites have reported that you can see the LittleBigPlanet manual here. But no one seems to have noticed that the last couple of pages in the manual give the credits for the music used in the game.

Is this a full track listing, or just a space filler for now?

Who knows, but the work of Daniel Pemberton is exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see on a playlist for the game, based on what has been played alongside trailers so far.

Here's the full run-down taken from the manual:

DJ Krush - 'Song 2'

Cafe Tacvba - 'Volver A Comenzar'

Kinky - 'Cornman'

Battles - 'Atlas'

The Go! Team - 'Get It Together'

Jim Noir - 'My Patch'

Alexander Nevsky Op.78 - 'Battle On The Ice'

James Pants - 'Rhythm Trax 7'

Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra - 'Tapha Niang'

Noveltones - 'Let Bank Two'

Ananda Shankar - 'Dancing Drums'

Original Music Composed by Mat Clark at Sonica Music, London:

'Gardens imusic'

'Wedding imusic'

'Canyons imusic'

'Savannah imusic'

'Metropolis imusic'

'Islands imusic'

'Temples imusic'

'Wilderness imusic'

Daniel Pemberton:

'The Orb Of Dreamers'

'Leaders Of Men'

'The Appliance of Science'

'Girly Goody Two Shoes'

'Rock The Jungle'

'Tricky Business'

'Cries In The Wind'

'Rainbow Warrior'

'My Advice - parts 1, 2 and 3'

So what do we think? Is that a good track list? Is it enough variety? Considering that the last we heard, we wouldn't be able to import songs into the game, I was hoping for more, but if the layering that was mentioned is done well, it could add some life to each track.

You can hear most of the non-original tracks on your nearest favourite video site.

Source

LittleBigPlanet: SackBoys in the Wild

With little over a month until LittleBigPlanet hits store shelves, the SackBoys are ?stuffed? with joy, because the fans have had so much fun the past few weeks. From Pre-order activity, LittleBigBillboards, LittleBigChallenge 003 (SackBoy costume contest) to tons of community activity on fansites everywhere, like Libipl.com & LittleBigPlanetGuide ? it puts a big smile on SackBoys.

But how much do you really know about SackBoy? What type of environment do they live it? What can they do? What do they do? If these questions ever crossed your mind?.?roll video?

Stay tuned for our next update?or just head to our LittleBigPlanet News Site.

Video: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/09/...ys-in-the-wild/

Get Kratos Sackboy with OPM

Official PlayStation Mag gives away unique codes for special LBP Sackboy in the UK

The Official PlayStation Magazine in the UK will be giving away codes to download the limited edition Kratos Sackboy for LittleBigPlanet.

In the bag with issue 24 of OPM will be a card containing a unique code to snag the specially made-up Sackboy - one of two limited edition Sackboys.

The other one, Nariko from Heavenly Sword, will be given to pre-orders of LittleBigPlanet on Play.com.

Also in the issue will be the, word exclusive LittleBigPlanet review, and the first 50 subscribers to the magazine will also be sent an exclusive Sackboy plush toy.

You know all the most smug players online will be those with the Kratos Sackboy, like the Hayabusa helmet-wearing master chiefs in in Halo 3.

Issue 24 will be on shelves September 30.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196801

Awesome! Purchasing for sure to get Kratos!

We couldn't have made LittleBigPlanet for the 360 - Media Molecule

LittleBigPlanet for the PlayStation 3 is one of Sony's key software titles in the build-up to Christmas this year - and while it's a platform exclusive, Media Molecule's Alex Evans has told GamesIndustry.biz that it's not a game that could have been made on the Xbox 360.

That's principally because of two things - the larger capacity on the Blu-ray disc, which LBP is taking full advantage of, and the fact that every PS3 ships with a hard drive as standard.

"With LBP as it is, we couldn't have made it on the Xbox 360 and the reason for that is actually because we designed it around the PS3's strengths," explained Evans in a recent interview.

"In other words, if you're a game designer, from day one you know your platform, and you just cane it on that platform. You're not worrying about cross-platform, you're not worrying about anyone else's hardware design."

But Evans was quick to play down that such a statement was any criticism of Microsoft's console.

"The 360 is an incredibly capable machine, and you could make a user-generated content game on it, no question - just as you could make one on the PS2 or the Megadrive, or any platform," he said. "But because we picked our platform, you go and you use every available bit of space, every little processor cycle."

However, he did concede that the presence of a hard drive on every PS3 SKU was a significant positive factor in allowing the Media Molecule team a certain freedom of design.

"The design decisions on the PS3 are huge, and I'm sure you realize that having a hard drive on every unit makes a difference," he said. "That's another thing - if we didn't have a hard drive on every unit, we'd have to scale back the ambition of what you could save and do. So yes, you could make this game on the 360, but it'd be a different game.

"I love certain things on the PS3, and the hard drive is one of them. And it's not just that it exists, it's that it's on every single SKU."

The full interview with Alex Evans, in which he also talks about the pressure of working on a game that's become a buzzword, and how Sony's E3 press conference nearly ended in disaster, is available now.

Source: GameIndustry.biz

Design a Sackboy for LittleBigPlanet DLC

Sony competition gets the creative juices flowing

Sony has launched a competition for you to design your own Sackboy, with the winning entry making it into the game for all to download.

Over on the PlayStation community page you can print out a blank Sackboy on which to scribble your creations.

"Send us your inspired outfit ideas for Sackboy or Sackgirl, and Media Molecule will pick out the best one and transform it into new attire. The winning design will be available to download for free from the PlayStation Store for use in LittleBigPlanet," says the dev.

The competition runs until September 30.

Mike Jackson

Source: CVG

I wish more games were more like this with the amount of user created content & competitions :yes:

HOLD UP! HOLD UP! HOLD UP!

does that mean... if i pre-order from play.com and buy this mag on the 30th, i get BOTH Kratos and Nariko skins.... ?

Yup, if you were so inclined to :)

I'm pondering if I should do this, but I don't really wanna pay ?40 for the game://

ssshhhhh!

he did actually get Far Cry, so who knows?

Good point, lol.

and that is looking horrible.

I would love to see what Disney/Pixar could do with a film based off LittleBigPlanet, at least we know it would look great, lol.

LittleBigPlanet beta will possibly be announced on official news site

by Alan Tsang

Late last week, a community manager at the PlayStation.com forums indicated that there will be a "limited public beta" for LittleBigPlanet. He didn't tell us how we are going to get in, but we may now have a clue. We noticed that the above Google ad for LBP states the following:

"New Playstation 3 Game - LittleBigPlanet.us.PlayStation.com - LittleBigPlanet. Play. Create. Share. Sign up for the beta now!"

Where does the advertisement lead us? To the official LittleBigPlanet news site. We didn't see anything about signing up for the beta, but does this mean we'll be able to on the news site at some point? You know you'll hear about it from us as soon as anything is announced, so stay tuned!

Source: PS3 Fanboy