[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

I dont understand these public beta releases... Its just a glorified demo at the end of the day.

The game is being released in 3 or 4 weeks, if this was an important process for media molecules they would or released it months ago.

The game has probably gone gold already, any bugs encountered will not be fixed in the final version.

Guess it just another way to build up hype...

I dont understand these public beta releases... Its just a glorified demo at the end of the day.

Its being released in 3 or 4 weeks, if this was important for media molecules they would or released it months ago.

The game has probably gone gold already, any bugs encountered will not be fixed in the final game.

It has gone gold, personally i have no idea why this is limited.

The game is being released in 3 or 4 weeks, if this was important for media molecules they would or released it months ago.

The game has probably gone gold already, any bugs encountered will not be fixed in the final game.

Um isn't it obvious for LBP?

Getting it out now means there will be levels created for online mode day 1 when people buy.

Rather than online mode being empty, or limited to internal testers levels.

I've already started playing people's levels!

I'm loving Sony offloading all these public betas/demos, we've seen more from them than 3rd party devs all year :laugh:

R2 and KZ2 still to come this year!

Eurogamer's site is down for maintenance, I suppose to install new servers. It must of been the emence amount of users as the servers normally take 4000+ users.

94% Downloaded. :)

EDIT:

Back up now.

Why do people obsess over what it's called?

We had this in the Socom thread as well. If we find things that are wrong regardless of what the downloads called it gives developers the heads up. They also get good server stress testing before release.

That's the most important thing usually, outside of filling an online mode with content (LBP's case) or just having the chance to play something early.

Ok, so having a collection of LBP levels is not a bad thing i guess.

Its not just LBP though... thats the thing. Seems like a lot of games are jumping on the public beta bandwagon these days.

Beta implies that the software is not finish and need debugging... Most of these games are practically complete by the time we get our hands on the game.

It's a great way to hype a product, limited selection.

Spot on... pure and simple hype.

Those guys who got the keys are bound to be huge fans already and feel privileged for getting into the "beta".

Im sure we'll see a LOT of screenshots over the next few days and rave reviews from the fans.

Ok, so having a collection of LBP levels is not a bad thing i guess.

Its not just LBP though... thats the thing. Seems like a lot of games are jumping on the public beta bandwagon these days.

Beta implies that the software is not finish and need debugging... Most of these games are practically complete by the time we get our hands on the game.

Well it's allowing people to test and play early, I mean, what on earth is the real complaint with that? :blink: :p

I'm all for trying stuff early.

Spot on... pure and simple hype.

Those guys who got the keys are bound to be huge fans already and feel privileged for getting into the "beta".

Im sure we'll see a LOT of screenshots over the next few days and rave reviews from the fans.

Yup, excellent way to keep the 'lovers' onboard and the 'haters' out in the cold.

Oh well, seems to be everyone's approach these days.

Me and Scazza done some co-op, it's really fun :p

Had to do co-op to get some of the unlockables on level 3!