[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

LBP is awesome. I am currently designing a level for it. :D

Does this Beta feature local multiplayer?

Yes, I connected another PS3 controller to my PS3 and it prompted me to select a local XMB account. Once I did that another Sackboy entered the level. :)

Here is a really bad quality photo of what I mean.

http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08393/dsci0001176.jpg

Edited by DARRKCLOUD

i got 25% on my first go lol, still stuck on 84% there's a mushroom object thing that i cant reach and i have no idea how to get it :/

edit: up to 96% now :D

mushroom stamp?

has everyone (eurogamer, ign, gamespot) given away all there beta keys now? i wish they would annouce in advance when exactly the keys will be available, now i have missed both the socom and lbp beta cos i have better things to do than check eg every hour

The Socom beta was announced ahead of time by a few days or so, but the LBP giveaway was a joke :no:

The amount of news and crap it's created over these keys just shows you they knew exactly what they were doing. It's all about ??? in the end for them.

The Socom beta was announced ahead of time by a few days or so, but the LBP giveaway was a joke :no:

The amount of news and crap it's created over these keys just shows you they knew exactly what they were doing. It's all about ??? in the end for them.

A joke? Why? Because you didn't get in?

It was posted all over the net that beta testers would get an invite and several thousand codes would be released to the usual suspects for them to give away.

It was done in the exact same manner as any other open beta/demo.

I'm not having a dig at you, I just don't understand your statement.

No, it wasn't handled the same way at all. Scritly speaking about Eurogamer, nobody else. And no it's not because I didn't get in, I am planning to buy the game already, actually not playing it will make it better come the 24th.

However, the announcement didn't come in until 5pm or later in the day, and it was quite clearly rigged with it showing 1 key left for a long time to many many people. They did it so more would continue to sign up which means more ??? in their pocket. I've been a member at EG for long enough to spot something out of the ordinary from them.

No, it wasn't handled the same way at all. Scritly speaking about Eurogamer, nobody else. And no it's not because I didn't get in, I am planning to buy the game already, actually not playing it will make it better come the 24th.

However, the announcement didn't come in until 5pm or later in the day, and it was quite clearly rigged with it showing 1 key left for a long time to many many people. They did it so more would continue to sign up which means more ??? in their pocket. I've been a member at EG for long enough to spot something out of the ordinary from them.

Seems funny that I knew about the keys about 2 days before they were out, and I wasn't alone - another forum I frequent also knew about them.

Never mind, you're not missing out on much (honestl:p :p )

I never said I didn't know they were coming, don't twist my words. I said they never announced when. Prove me wrong and find a source on their website otherwise, please :) I read the news every day when I get up and some point through the day. The first I seen they were giving them away was Tuesday night when I got home.

I never said I didn't know they were coming, don't twist my words. I said they never announced when. Prove me wrong and find a source on their website otherwise, please :) I read the news every day when I get up and some point through the day. The first I seen they were giving them away was Tuesday night when I got home.

No, no. Forget it.

Anyway, a certain 'AudioBoxer' has just PM'd me asking me to post this link for you unlucky people that didn't see the announcement from Eurogamer

http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/09/25/lit...a-key-giveaway/

Click the link, follow the instructions. Good luck!

I didn't know that they had even been released and I usually know about these things...

AB had to link me over MSN to inform me that the LBP Codes were available, this was about 5.30pm and it then took me 45 minutes to Re-Register (as my old username and password refused to work even though I requested my details and even that said it was right) and then actually get the LBP Beta Key page to load.

It wasn't very well constructed I dont think, EG should of prepared their servers for the on slaught as LBP is a hugely anticipated game for PS3 owners and to not prepare the servers was a serious school boy error.

Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes if they ever get this sort of oppertunity again.

No, no. Forget it.

Anyway, a certain 'AudioBoxer' has just PM'd me asking me to post this link for you unlucky people that didn't see the announcement from Eurogamer

http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2008/09/25/lit...a-key-giveaway/

Click the link, follow the instructions. Good luck!

Was about to post that link too (thanks to Audio) but was a little busy sending emails :shifty:

I said they never announced when.

They didn't for the CoD4 beta, did they? However there was no server downtime/overload from that I believe.

It's weird that they released them approx. 5pm in the evening. I was playing halo and browsing this thread and saw AB post it. Total surprise!

They didn't for the CoD4 beta, did they? However there was no server downtime/overload from that I believe.

It's weird that they released them approx. 5pm in the evening. I was playing halo and browsing this thread and saw AB post it. Total surprise!

Every single beta they've had keys for and I've been interested they have always announced when they are giving them away. Call of Duty 4 included :yes:

Trust me, they knew exactly what they were doing with the LBP keys and the hype they created. Not that it really matters in the end.

Funny you say forget it Shadowmoses, perhaps because they didn't announce anything at all until 5pm? :rolleyes:

Every single beta they've had keys for and I've been interested they have always announced when they are giving them away. Call of Duty 4 included :yes:

Trust me, they knew exactly what they were doing with the LBP keys and the hype they created. Not that it really matters in the end.

Funny you say forget it Shadowmoses, perhaps because they didn't announce anything at all until 5pm? :rolleyes:

I'm with you DM, I couldn't remember if they announced they would release CoD4 keys or not.

It's obvious they'll have CoD5 keys too, but meh that's another story.

It ****ed me off that they never said a word about LBP Keys, but instead made everyone rush for it at once.

No, I said forget it because I can't really be bothered arguing with you or proving you wrong (or right) (Y)

I knew about it 2 days before they went live on EG.

Anyway...

http://www.mediamolecule.com/2008/09/25/in...tion-in-motion/

stackersmall.jpg

Edited by ShadowMoses