[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

What does the 80GB console + controller have that the 40GB one doesn't other than the 80GB HDD? Is the DS3 in the 80GB pack?

If so then it looks like I'll be getting the LBP 80GB bundle just after xmas!

40GB more space

DS3

65nm GPU/CPU (Current 40GB has 95nm GPU/65nm CPU)

40GB more space

DS3

65nm GPU/CPU (Current 40GB has 95nm GPU/65nm CPU)

Ooo, looks like I'll be getting that then.

Still debating whether it's going to be worthwhile :p

Ooo, looks like I'll be getting that then.

Still debating whether it's going to be worthwhile :p

More big name LBP reviews should be rolling in over the next few days, current ones

Dagbladet: LittleBigPlanet Review - "You just have to meet this fella'" - 6/6

Verdens Gang (Norways biggest newspaper) - "Magic Rag Dolls" - 6/6

Elite Gamer reviews LBP -10/10 . "One of the best games on PS3 and the year" - 10/10

Evereye Italia reviews Little Big Planet - 10/10. "A small, big revolution" - 10/10

Eurogamer: LittleBigPlanet Review - 9/10

Meristation reviews Little Big Planet - 9.5/10

HardGame2 (Spain) reviews LittleBigPlanet - 10/10

Gameplayer.se Reviews LBP - 9/10

Gamereactor reviews LBP -10/10

LittleBigPlanet gets another 10 from Scandinavia's largest magazine - 10/10

Pelaaja Finland reviews LBP -10/10

Playstation Official Mag UK Review of LittleBigPlanet - 10/10

You'll be getting hands-on from NW in a week or so as well :)

So can we start the same discussion we had in the GTA 4 thread on why a game can't be 10/10 etc. ?

Yup

It might be handy to just link to Metacritic instead of listing everrrry single review out there.

I'll even save you the time and post links for you

Game Rankings

Metacritic

Not all the reviews list on metacritic.

I was just rounding up everything out there, copy/paste job, I didn't hand make the list!

There's so many 10/10's floating around.

Can this game be improved, could GTA:IV be improved? Yes, they both can.

Unless the gaming review scene reformed to a letter based system, there's always going to be 10/10's.

No game's perfect, and to avoid the bitching/arguing/flaming of gamers (half the **** already posted on Eurogamer makes me want to wipe out races of idiot gamers), that's why I'd prefer everyone to use 1UP's alphabet scheme.

IGN Review - 9.5

10 Presentation

The way that everything is intertwined and flows and works together is perfect. The tagging system needs to be fixed, but that's it.

9.5 Graphics

Pixar would be proud. The visuals are cute, clean, stylistic and simply beautiful, while the art direction is absolutely top-notch.

9.5 Sound

The soundtrack is as perfect as it gets. On the editor side, there could be more specific samples, but you won't be counting while playing the Story mode.

9.5 Gameplay

The controls could be a tad tighter and the plane-shifting stuff needs works, but the overall package design is simply phenominal. The editor is amazing given that it's on a console.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

There's a ton to keep you coming back to the Story levels, but the user-created content will give LBP life for a long, long, long time.

LittleBigPlanet Review

Media Molecule delivers an instant classic.

US, October 13, 2008 - It's been a good while since we saw the first GDC demo of LittleBigPlanet, and pretty much everyone in attendance was blown away by what we witnessed. The promise of an original platformer that would allow us to create our own levels, practically on the fly, was immense, and the game quickly became one of the PlayStation 3's marquee titles and a good reason to pick up a system. We all figured it would be good, so the question was, just how good would it be?

The answer is that it's absolutely fantastic, an instant classic that actually turned out to be better than my expectations. The community and creation stuff was bound to be reason enough to own the game, but the included content put together by Media Molecule is so good that even if the level building tools weren't in the picture, this would still be a must-have experience.

That's not to say that it's without faults. There are a handful of things that can be cleaned up or fixed by way of patches that are a little annoying at the moment (which I'll come back to in a bit), but they barely mar the surface of an overall game that is nothing short of brilliant in terms of both its design and implementation.

Continue reading/watch video review: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/919/919111p1.html

Closing Comments

As you can see, I had a ton to say in this review, but that's because there's a ton to this game. LittleBigPlanet is a massive game, one that is essentially two parts intertwined so well that they're practically inseparable. Media Molecule has created a brilliant platformer, and then given you the tools to recreate the whole thing over again, or better yet, to create your own ideas from scratch. It's not perfect - the controls could be tighter, automatically shifting between planes can be problematic, the editor isn't quite as robust as you might hope - but what's there is nothing short of astounding. If you own a PlayStation 3, you cannot miss this. If you don't have a PS3 yet, this is the reason to get one.

Presentation

The way that everything is intertwined and flows and works together is perfect. The tagging system needs to be fixed, but that's it.

9.5 Graphics

Pixar would be proud. The visuals are cute, clean, stylistic and simply beautiful, while the art direction is absolutely top-notch.

9.5 Sound

The soundtrack is as perfect as it gets. On the editor side, there could be more specific samples, but you won't be counting while playing the Story mode.

9.5 Gameplay

The controls could be a tad tighter and the plane-shifting stuff needs works, but the overall package design is simply phenominal. The editor is amazing given that it's on a console.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

There's a ton to keep you coming back to the Story levels, but the user-created content will give LBP life for a long, long, long time.

Incredible OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

Video Review: http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/856680/medi..._vidreview.html

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/919/919111p1.html

Day one baby :)

Isn't IGN extremely bias towards the PS3?

Being honest, the high scores and opinions in this review have been echoed in most previews etc, so I wouldn't just bash IGN for being biased, it seems that shock horror, this could be an excellent game! :rofl:

Threads Merged

I'm glad that, after so long, this is turning out to actually be a good game. I've had too many long-awaited disappointments with gaming (most recently Spore), so this gives me hope again. I'm definitely looking forward to it (Y)