[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Larry what's the release date out in the US?

Have to say it's an awesome game, if not a little infuriating with the controls sometimes, maybe I just suck at some points :D

Can't wait for the servers to go live though!

Oh man, I need to try and find this somehow. Has anyone in the states gotten it early, and if so, where?

Also, IGN gave it a 9.5 - Incredible, saying it is a must have even without the level creation tools. Cannot wait, for real.

You really should be able to, somewhere.

It's the American copies being sold here lol.

Over on NeoGAF some folk seem to have been able to get the game chains selling the copy, Best Buy and independent stores. Some through asking and obviously getting an unaware employee, others just off shelves.

Larry what's the release date out in the US?

Have to say it's an awesome game, if not a little infuriating with the controls sometimes, maybe I just suck at some points :D

Can't wait for the servers to go live though!

USA 21st, Europe 24th!

For those you are picking up LBP in the US... get it from CC for a free $15 giftcard with purchase of game...

Circuit City

? Free: $15 gift card with purchase

Damn, did not see this before I left...So I got it from Best Buy.

b>they did not have any on the shelf

so isaw a kid and said i need little big planet

he said it is not on the shelf, and i said well according to your website it is available in store (which is the truth)

so he said "oh, okay, i know we have a ton in the back let me go grab it"

so not only did he come out with a copy for me, but like 20 to put on the shelf LOL

so i just hooked up some other people too

and I also picked up one for my coworker

So yea, call me a bad person if you must, but I just called Best Buy and was like, my brother's birthday is this Saturday and there's a game he really wants, its called LittleBigPlanet, and it comes out Tuesday. But I heard you might have some copies now and I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor and sell me one, it would make his birthday.

They said sure, and I bought one.

I don't have a brother.

Sounds like they have no real street date, and can sell it when in stock. Has this happened before?

Yep, more than once.

@ clx - Yep, I fixed it

LOL @ anthony - I thought of doing something similar if I needed to, but I saw there was no need to do so.

So yea, call me a bad person if you must, but I just called Best Buy and was like, my brother's birthday is this Saturday and there's a game he really wants, its called LittleBigPlanet, and it comes out Tuesday. But I heard you might have some copies now and I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor and sell me one, it would make his birthday.

They said sure, and I bought one.

I don't have a brother.

.o0(See you in a few years, muahahaha)

:devil:

----

So, I was wondering what kind of offers you're getting when pre-ordering. Over here they're just giving codes to download "exclusive" nariko and kratos skins :(

Ive tried getting games early, its never worked here.

Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Game, Gamestation, PC World, HMV, nothing would work lol.

I have a friend who works in currys, but havent seen him in a few weeks, must use him to my own advantage one day.

Damn, did not see this before I left...

So I got it from Best Buy.

they did not have any on the shelf

so isaw a kid and said i need little big planet

he said it is not on the shelf, and i said well according to your website it is available in store (which is the truth)

so he said "oh, okay, i know we have a ton in the back let me go grab it"

so not only did he come out with a copy for me, but like 20 to put on the shelf LOL

so i just hooked up some other people too

and I also picked up one for my coworker

LOL

Silly employee :laugh:

Congrats

ps. I'm sure Toys'R'Us got in trouble for selling Bioshock early, imagine if Sony/MM go after Best Buy with all this disregard for street dates!

Ive tried getting games early, its never worked here.

Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Game, Gamestation, PC World, HMV, nothing would work lol.

Same, all the employees in the stores around me actually have a clue. :(

Yeah, I honestly hope the kid does not get in any trouble, but as I said there site does say it is Available at every store in my area, although the site also does clearly say it does not come out until the 21st.

I would not feel bad if he only took out one copy for me, but he literally took out like 20 copies. On top of that, he just left them sitting out not locked up in the case like the other games, as the copy I got for my coworker I actually went back like 10 minutes after I got mine to get his, and they were just sitting out of the locked up case.

Seeing as it's widespread street date breaking I'm sure they won't do anything.

Bioshock was just Toys R Us, therefore easier to man handle.

I hope all these leaks encourage MM to put up the online servers a bit earlier than the 21st!

(Well I'm sure they'll be up a day or two before release, but now would be nice :))

Audioboxer...how do I ace the first level? :angry:

I can't get over that damn bridge without "Try Again"ing!

Grab the thing floating above the bridge.

^

Ahaha took me a few tries to realize.

Something in the air, something that can be grabbed :whistle:

Finding the last level difficult :p

I swear to god that Gold Trophy for completing every level without dieing is going to cause people to get angry :laugh:

Finding the last level difficult :p

I swear to god that Gold Trophy for completing every level without dieing is going to cause people to get angry :laugh:

I you die, can you start the level again and get the trophy? Or you can't die at all?

I you die, can you start the level again and get the trophy? Or you can't die at all?

Yeah it's just ace every level.

You don't need to do them all at once, or do them in any combination.

Just complete each level without dieing, and you can just hit start, restart level if you die.

The amount of times you'll get 3/4 of the way through a level and get zapped by electricity or something though.... grrrr :laugh:

:laugh:

LittleBigPlanet Finally Convinces Will Wright To Buy A PS3

SCE President Kaz Hirai recently addressed the importance of games on the PS3. This must have been great news to Spore creator Will Wright. I recently spoke to Wright at an event held in Midtown Manhattan. Of the handful of questions I asked, I wanted to know what he thought of LittleBigPlanet, since he's interested in user-created content and all. His answer was a bit surprising.

"I haven?t seen as much of [LittleBigPlanet] as I?d like to. What I?ve seen of it looks intriguing and very cool. I've seen a couple videos of it, though. Is it out now? I don?t have a PS3."

Wait wait wait, this is where I had to stop him. Not only did I have to tell him LBP's release date (October 21st), I had to ask why the hell he doesn't own a Playstation 3. I mean, he's Will Wright, one of gaming's greatest designers, and he doesn't have Sony's latest system? You mean to tell me over the last two years the thought to acquire one, even for free, never entered into his mind?

"[LIttleBigPLanet] will probably tip the scales for me to buy one. I own pretty much every other system. There?s just been no titles for [the PS3] I?ve really wanted to see."

Oooo, burn. I image Kaz will overnight a few PS3's to Will's house tomorrow now. But c'mon! MGS4? Uncharted? Resistance?

Source: http://kotaku.com/5064216/littlebigplanet-...ht-to-buy-a-ps3