[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Guys, if its recalled it doesn't matter, they aren't allowed to sell it. Doesn't matter who you are buying it from and what the page says, it hasn't been updated yet obviously.

An announcement is coming later today from Sony.

Sad thing is Sony/MM can't just stand up to this and say "STFU, we didn't create the song, just used it."

Because all the tabloid news papers will churn the "LBP mocks Muslims" headlines and it will give bad PR for Sony/MM.

People who don't even know what LBP is will then race for the pitchforks and/or burn copies of the game...

ps. I think it's the track used on planet 2, which if so, the song is actually awesome (Y) lol

Guys, if its recalled it doesn't matter, they aren't allowed to sell it. Doesn't matter who you are buying it from and what the page says, it hasn't been updated yet obviously.

An announcement is coming later today from Sony.

True.

I'm just going to be really annoyed if this delays the game, then the online servers don't go up soon.

Bleh, the Quran is just the bible that's been through babel-fish and everything was lost in translation (N)

Religion sucks so much ass.

LOL

Harsh, but funny.

Well I can go to my local Best Buy and purchase the rest of them. $100 US for anyone who wants one. LOL

I think you can expect a patch pretty soon which will remove it. They can't exactly ask everyone to send it back, nobody would do it anyway.

Anyone's guess about the servers.

Well I can go to my local Best Buy and purchase the rest of them. $100 US for anyone who wants one. LOL

LOL

I think the issue with the states is the release date is the 21st, so hundreds of thousands of copies will no doubt have been sent out to shops arounds the states.

The UK release date isn't till the 24th, so maybe shipments haven't really been sent out, therefore can be stopped in transit.

I think you can expect a patch pretty soon which will remove it. They can't exactly ask everyone to send it back, nobody would do it anyway.

Anyone's guess about the servers.

How can they patch a song that they didn't make? Add a "BLEEP" like the swear filter? :laugh:

It's an actual artists song!

If they change it, I'll be annoyed, it's an awesome track!

UK copies will have already been sent by the end of this week or arriving next week. Like Monday or Tuesday.

I'm sure they can patch the game so it plays another instead of the Muslim one.

Really really p***ed off about this tbh.

LOL

I think the issue with the states is the release date is the 21st, so hundreds of thousands of copies will no doubt have been sent out to shops arounds the states.

The UK release date isn't till the 24th, so maybe shipments haven't really been sent out, therefore can be stopped in transit.

How can they patch a song that they didn't make?

It's an actual artists song!

If they change it, I'll be annoyed, it's an awesome track!

Exactly, which is why if they are forced to make a patch for the US, why not the same patch for the EU???

I am just trying to think this out realistically, and although it was a 3 day difference, it is not that big of a difference between the release dates. So MILLIONS of copies have been shipped. So Sony, MM, whomever, is going to do the math, and realize a recall is not the way to go, and a digital patch is.

Indeed it's stupid just people jumping on a sensationalist bandwagon to complain about anything.

Just STFU and let people play a harmless game :)

ps. I want my online servers!

Exactly, which is why if they are forced to make a patch for the US, why not the same patch for the EU???

Probably just damage control PR.

This outbreak has happened like today, if they go ahead and sell "tainted" copies in the UK with the release date still a bit off, you can bet you'll get your complainers, patch or no patch incoming.

People will churn the "You found out a week before release, why did you start selling the bad copies?!"

As for the game DL, started playing it yet?

Probably just damage control PR.

This outbreak has happened like today, if they go ahead and sell "tainted" copies in the UK with the release date still a bit off, you can bet you'll get your complainers, patch or no patch incoming.

People will churn the "You found out a week before release, why did you start selling the bad copies?!"

As for the game DL, started playing it yet?

Yeah, had to basically do the story mode again, so I got to the moon and then backtracked to some of the stages I did not get everything, which I still need to do. But I did every stage without dying, was fairly easy, went back with the Star decoration, etc., so will just keep plugging away on the Story mode.

Damn if they game hadnt come out early, then it would have all been shipped, then a patch would have been the only way, but we would have had the game, it just sucks.

Yeah, had to basically do the story mode again, so I got to the moon and then backtracked to some of the stages I did not get everything, which I still need to do. But I did every stage without dying, was fairly easy, went back with the Star decoration, etc., so will just keep plugging away on the Story mode.

:blink:

Seriously?

Some of those levels near the end with the electricity are a nightmare for me LOL.

Especially the one with the huge rotating wheel!

Hardcore platformer DL :p

To be fair I haven't started my "do every level without dying", but on my casual playthrough I died quite a bit in the later stages of the game.

:blink:

Seriously?

Some of those levels near the end with the electricity are a nightmare for me LOL.

Especially the one with the huge rotating wheel!

Hardcore platformer DL :p

To be fair I haven't started my "do every level without dying", but on my casual playthrough I died quite a bit in the later stages of the game.

The first Garden Level, not all of them. Read, I said I got to the Moon then backtracked LOL And I should have written it was INCREDIBLY easy LOL

The first Garden Level, not all of them. Read, I said I got to the Moon then backtracked LOL And I should have written it was INCREDIBLY easy LOL

Ooops :blush:

I read

had to basically do the story mode again

and jumped the gun thinking you had completed it and started again.

But I understand now.

Progress of the first levels doesn't carry over from the beta, so you need to do them again!

That song sounds like a load of **** anyway. The game will probably be better off without it.

Nah man the song is quality, and it fits in awesome with the Savannah levels :yes:

Ooops :blush:

I read

and jumped the gun thinking you had completed it and started again.

But I understand now.

Progress of the first levels doesn't carry over from the beta, so you need to do them again!

Nah man the song is quality, and it fits in awesome with the Savannah levels :yes:

Yeah, which is why I am happy I did not decide to go crazy in the Beta!!

Argh the game is possibly delayed in Europe ,and maybe in the US also.

*Hugs his copy*

Awesome game and a fuss about nothing, I will start trying to Ace levels soon once i've gotten through it all. Still lots to do first though.

Confirmed: LittleBigPlanet delayed over Qur’an “expressions”, SCEE makes statement

SCEE has just confirmed that LittleBigPlanet has slipped because “the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an” in one of the licensed background tracks, but has not supplied a new release date.

The game was previously scheduled for an October 24 release.

VG247 has learned that the game is already at retail in both the UK and other European countries.

Heavy speculation has surrounded a slip this afternoon.

Sony just issued a statement on the matter:

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We’ll confirm the new launch date shortly.

It’s unclear at the moment if this means the game is to be completely recalled.

Source: http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/17/c...akes-statement/

Bunch of bollocks.

(N)

Can understand why MM/Sony have to do this in todays age where if you so much as look at the Bible/Qur'an or whatever in a the wrong way you offend someone...

Not being disrespectful to peoples beliefs, but OMG at the over reactions.

It's a ****ing song, it's been out for ages, STFU.

Last time I checked there's a good load of music in Zavvi/wherever that degrades Christianity and puts Satanism on the pedestal. Don't like it, don't buy it.

Looks like its now a world wide recall.

"SCEE has supplied us with the official statement on the situation regarding LittleBigPlanet?During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur?an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We will confirm the new launch date shortly.

We?ll keep you updated with further information as soon as we getUPDATETE

We?ve just been informed by SCEE that the delay to release is effective worldwide."

Feel sorry for MM, what a way to smudge the release of a hugely anticipated title :no:

I hope people don't tear them a new one over it, it's not their fault.

The song is legal and exists amongst the music world, but the PR that will be drawn to the game seeing as games are the anti-christ in today's world is too much to deal with.

It would be another Mass Effect outburst. Instead of Sexbox 360, you'd get AntiMuslimStation 3.