[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Servers go up tomorrow

The game servers will go up on the morning of the official release date which is October 27th. You may well get your copy of the game before that date, however the servers will only come online on the 27th. You may even get patched before that date, but that has no bearing on the servers being up.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...=150223#M150223

2963518473_0673866f28.jpg

So, we got our copies of the Brady Games LittleBigPlanet guide and it is a vast and wondrous thing.

There will be no sales pitch here, but the book is huge (300+ pages) and a lot of love and hard work went into it. So props to Martin and Shaun who did our end of the project, and a round of applause for the guys at Brady and Off Base, especially Christian Sumner and Keith Lowe.

You can find more photos here: Brady Guide photo set on Flickr

EDIT: For those wanting an overview of what you can find inside, here?s the content pages:

2967275976_9862a73543_b.jpg

If you didn't catch the news on the Media Molecule site our friends at Brady Games hooked up with Mm to make a one-of-a-kind strategy guide that gives you everything you need to get the most out of LittleBigPlanet. In fact, its one of the biggest guides they have ever made with over 300 pages of content!

Expect a detailed walkthrough through the entire game, a complete listing of all the items to collect and trophies to earn, and how to discover all the single player and multiplayer secrets. On top of that, for all you aspiring LBP Creators, this guide has everything you need to know about all the in-game tools and materials and guides on how to make basic objects, like enemies and vehicles, to entire complex levels.

Don't believe us, take a sneak peek with some sample pages that you can download here-

Click here to get Strat Guide Sample Pages

If you can't wait to get this, as a special treat to all the loyal News Site fans, Brady is hooking up a discount!

Visit www.bradygames.com and order your copy today anreceive a 20% discount! Enter this coupon code: LBPBG20b>

Guide: http://www.bradygames.com/bookstore/produc...isbn=0744010446

Source: http://www.mediamolecule.com/2008/10/22/game-guide-go-go/

Someone should buy two copies and let me buy one off the:p:p

Damn UK getting no guide it seem:(:(

Someone should buy two copies and let me buy one off them :p

Damn UK getting no guide it seems :(

you could buy it from amazon.com or borders.com. no discount and shipping would be high though...

edit: its $13.59 at amazon.com which is quite good.

you could buy it from amazon.com or borders.com. no discount and shipping would be high though...

Borders

Item subtotal $19.99

Shipping and handling $12.98

Sales tax $0.00

Promotions* -$5.00

Balance $27.97

*Borders code is 25% off: SLP5384W

Amazon

Standard International Shipping (averages 18-32 business days)

Items: USD 13.59

Shipping & Handling: USD 7.98

Total Before Tax: USD 21.57

Expedited International Shipping (averages 8-16 business days)

Items: USD 13.59

Shipping & Handling: USD 12.48

Total Before Tax: USD 26.07

Gotta hate the fact the dollar is so weak against the pound just now :(

how much do you think this would this be if it were to be sold in the UK? i've never bought a strategy guide so dont know if the costs are goo or not.

for instance the second amazon option (quicker shipping) works out at ?16.85.

how much do you think this would this be if it were to be sold in the UK? i've never bought a strategy guide so dont know if the costs are goo or not.

for instance the second amazon option (quicker shipping) works out at ?16.85.

I think most strategy guides around here probably retail for ?14.99 but can be bought online usually between ?9.99-?12.99.

It's a big guide at 300 pages, but you may be paying ?1-2 more for it than what it would be sold for in the UK.

Hardly ripping yourself off or anything, I don't think there is any plans to bring it UK side.

Thanks for that heads up. I have literally not purchased a guide to a game in years and years, in fact the only time I think I did was it came free with a pre-order, but I think I will be getting the guide for this game at that price. Just sounds incredibly well done, and with so much to find in this game, and so little time to play games these days thanks to things like house work and being married among others, yeah, I think I might get this.

I just went a bit crazy on Amazon for my PS3. :blink: :laugh:

1. I got the LBP Strategy Guide
  2. I got the Playstation Eye Camera
    For use strictly with LBP and if there are any games in the future that use it, but it really was for custom images and textures in LBP.
  3. Finally, I bought SOCOM bundled with the Bluetooth headset.
    I got it entirely for the headset itself, but I figure for the extra $10, hopefully within a few months the issues with SOCOM might be resolved. Key word being might be. I almost went just for the headset by itself, but I figured it was a $10 risk, and I also do think I was one of the only people who actually did like SOCOM when I checked out the Beta, naturally of course when it was working. I also have a USB headset for the PS3, but it is a short line and I cannot sit on my usual couch when I use it, so I wanted a good quality Bluetooth.

I just worked a small side design job for someone, so that paid for me treating myself to the above.

Holy crap this patch is huge.

56mb is huge? :p

Probably partly due to the audio track being replaced.

I assume the game has DTS or some other uncompressed audio format, and the track in question is about 6 mins long.

56mb is huge? :p

Probably partly due to the audio track being replaced.

I assume the game has DTS or some other uncompressed audio format, and the track in question is about 6 mins long.

For a patch it is. That's 3x's the GTA trophy patch.

Did they replace the track with a new one, or one from a different level?

For a patch it is. That's 3x's the GTA trophy patch.

Did they replace the track with a new one, or one from a different level?

I would kill for 56mb patches in the PC gaming world :p

I want that gold fish bowl Sackboy :punk:

It's one of the pre-order toys I think.

Not sure from what website though :/

so i think i have 2 levels left to complete to beat the game. i would say that the level designs progress from being "ok" at the beginning of the story mode, to "good" at the middle, to "holy crap that's awesome" at the end. i'd like to get a platinum trophy for this game, but acing some of these will be such a pain in the butt, let alone getting all the prize bubbles. i picked up the strategy guide so it should help quite a bit.

Servers are

GO

ps. Search for the level called "Trophies Ahoy", easiest gold/silver trophies ever ;)

Servers are

GO

ps. Search for the level called "Trophies Ahoy", easiest gold/silver trophies ever ;)

gah, they had to go up right when i get to work. definitely gonna check that level out, though i already made a level with nothing but bubbles to get the 8x and 20x multiplier trophies. :laugh:

now we just need to organize some way to get the trophies for giving and receiving hearts. ;)

Servers getting hammered it seems.

By the way, long shot, but does anyone have a spare Nariko code? How do you even get it in the first place?

2735648321_37c366006a.jpg

I have my Kratos code.

By the way, long shot, but does anyone have a spare Nariko code? How do you even get it in the first place?

i have a spare. got it in the US though, so i don't know if/how that'll work for you. let me know if you wanna give it a shot, and i'll PM it to you when i get home from work.

i have a spare. got it in the US though, so i don't know if/how that'll work for you. let me know if you wanna give it a shot, and i'll PM it to you when i get home from work.

It's a USA copy I have! I got it early off Ebay.

That would be awesome thanks :D

How did you get a spare? I thought it was for pre-ordering :laugh: