[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Also I have noticed that I can't shake the controller to get the jet pack off me anymore. Is that the same for everyone else?

Circle instead now.

Although I thought the shake also worked.

Don't you mean Parkinson?

Damn that Parky, whoever would of thought he had the game and how the hell did he get a copy so early!!

I played the Little Big Planet beta for a few days, how much different is the actual game than from the beta?

When I played the beta there was an incredible amount of system freezing and latency and it was not enjoyable - understandably it was a beta.

I had to go to 3 stores to find this game available, that means they didnt ship enough or it is selling out!!!, anyways, i couldnt play it last night :(, but im playing as soon as i get home today!!!

I believe they got complaints from Alzheimer sufferers about the method of removing jetpacks :unsure:

Seriously? That's ridiculous, they'd suffer when playing any sixaxis game, why not have both methods and have the sixaxis with an on/off option?

The music of this game is great. They go along so well with the levels. I don't know if there is a LBP Soundtrack but I would get it.

i haven't got the game yet.

so, is the game as good as all the hype?? just curious.

It definitely is. I went back to my local games shop just to pick up the game guide today as well. Only concern is online play so far... Hopefully they iron out all the online issues as promised.

20 meg patch 1.03 out just got back from Blackpool today so not sure when it was released.

Media Molecule patches LittleBigPlanet to v1.03

According to the verbose snoops at Eurogamer, Sony has patched copies of LittleBigPlanet to version 1.03 in both North America and Europe. As PlayStation 3 owners residing in the former will know, the game's servers are still offline.

The patch is designed to lighten server loads, apparently, which should help rectify "glitching issues" reported earlier in the week.

"We are aware that the online environment of LittleBigPlanet is having server performance issues, and we are investigating the cause," a Sony source told Eurogamer. "We'll have an update to the online gameplay as soon as we possibly can."

We'll let you know of any developments as soon as they occur.

Source

the online issue is really annoying. i thought that was the point of the beta.

it's letting the game down a lot, especially because its such an integral part of the game.

hopefully it'll be fixed for the UK release date.

Funny that, every time we have the Beta arguments it's always to "Prepare for retail" or something along those lines, yet it seems many Beta issues carry on to the retail these days ...

Funny that, every time we have the Beta arguments it's always to "Prepare for retail" or something along those lines, yet it seems many Beta issues carry on to the retail these days ...

exactly. if potentially 0.01% of the population may get offended then a full recall is made, yet if the games not ready its still shipped? it doesn't make sense.

exactly. if potentially 0.01% of the population may get offended then a full recall is made, yet if the games not ready its still shipped? it doesn't make sense.

Thank hard drives and multiplayer.

PC games get this treatment.

To be fair complex games are going to need to be patched, we aren't living in the era of console games being relatively straight forward SP experiences anymore. The PS2 only had about 3% of it's population being online :laugh:

However some stuff shipping really is pretty bad. Look at Socom.

LBP has been working smoothly for me since 1.03 though.

Beta's make issues clear so developers can ready patches. Many of these PS games have gone gold, or gone gold shortly after betas have started, so launch goes ahead. (LBP Muslim incident aside).

Not every patch is going to be day 1 or done during the beta stages.

If things are worked out quickly, fuss will be minimal.

Although something like Socom really shouldn't have shipped, but alas they've patched it fairly quickly.