[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

First betas are to correct any issues before it hits retail, now it's to ready patches for the retail?

Sorry but your arguments on some topics constantly change to fit the situation :/

First betas are to correct any issues before it hits retail, now it's to ready patches for the retail?

Sorry but your arguments on some topics constantly change to fit the situation :/

It's to correct issues before/for/after retail.

Hopefully for the game before retail, however be sensible, not everything will always will be fixed for retail if you're operating a beta in a few weeks time frame.

Look at how many patches PC multiplayer games get after retail.

Console will no different as complexity levels are practically on par between the platforms now.

have to agree with Sethos on this one. beta's are not for patches, they are for the first release of the game.

fair enough, there may be little glitches that come to light, or upgrades, that warrant a patch. but, basic gameplay should be ready for a game going gold.

have to agree with Sethos on this one. beta's are not for patches, they are for the first release of the game.

fair enough, there may be little glitches that come to light, or upgrades, that warrant a patch. but, basic gameplay should be ready for a game going gold.

Um what do you mean by that?

I think developers would disagree there houlty.

There's a good reason all, if not pretty much all the PS betas have been the online components of the games. Getting the SP component completed and tested is easily done internally (how many patches do you see for SP? Not many. The PS2 had NO patches), online is much more complex and issues are going to arise before retail release, at retail release and into the future.

You shouldn't be shipping completely broke games, I do agree there, but saying a beta is not for testing/compiling of patches you're going to need to release is just plain silly. That is the NUMBER ONE priority of a beta.

Um what do you mean by that?

I think developers would disagree there houlty.

disagree with what? proper beta's are for making sure a game works correctly "out of the box". what about games without online access? oh, those developers must work differently, right?

the purpose of a beta is not for a game to be working correctly at 1.0x, its for it to be working correctly at 1.00. this is regardless of it being online or not.

unless, of course, you misunderstood what i said?

disagree with what? proper beta's are for making sure a game works correctly "out of the box". what about games without online access? oh, those developers must work differently, right?

the purpose of a beta is not for a game to be working correctly at 1.0x, its for it to be working correctly at 1.00.

unless, of course, you misunderstood what i said?

Yeah they do, how many public SP only beta's do you see?

Online needs tested for far more than SP.

the purpose of a beta is not for a game to be working correctly at 1.0x, its for it to be working correctly at 1.00.

Yes it is, but things are going to go wrong regardless of how much testing you do.

Find a popular online game that hasn't been patched?

Also check how many online games had sticky launches, a fair few, but no, not all of them I know that. WoW recently went ###### up with the Lich King patch. Clearly much more going on in WoW than LBP, but that's the nature of the online component, so much can go wrong.

If it's fixed quickly, good, if it lasts weeks then no, not good.

Still a bad launch for MM.

Size Does Matter - Just Ask SackBoy

2990205010_1e9b37830d.jpg

My fellow Americans,

Its me ? SackBoy! Now that you can go pickup LittleBigPlanet in your local retailer, I can take on other matters that are important to me other than playing, creating and sharing! So I wanted to take this opportunity to bring your attention to a worthwhile cause.

Well, as you know it?s election season here and it?s not all about Democrats and Republicans. There are bigger issues going on and I need YOU to get involved!

Back in 2006, the International Astronomical Union declassified Pluto, our solar system?s littlest big planet, from a real planet to a dwarf planet. This is a travesty and we must stand together to bring Pluto back to the solar system as the LittleBigPlanet. So join me, SackBoy, in helping to get enough signatures to get Pluto back into the solar system!

I have made a campaign advertisement

Video:

that I want you to watch and share with your friends. Afterwards, log onto my campaign page and sign up so I can keep you updated on the campaign!

You can also find me on Twitter and on FaceBook ? if you join our group, we?ll gift you bumper stickers and buttons to share with your friends!

So thank you for your time!

My name is SackBoy ? and I approved this message!

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/31/...st-ask-sackboy/

shameless plug coming...

i published a level named "Rocket Race to the Finish!" that me and my brother put together in like 20 minutes. it's pretty crap, but you can win a rocket for acing the level. :p

so far it's gotten me a trophy for 5 people playing it, but i could use help to get to the trophy for 50 people playing it and 10 people hearting it. and you could also heart me ;)

I'll check it out :)

Games working perfectly online for me now.

World of Colour is such a kick ass level!

Kratos Sack Boy is also (Y)

If anyone wants the dragon costume we've seen in previous LBP levels, jump online now so I can invite you into my game.

4 people needed.

I have 2 (me and a second controller).

Just need to stand on switches.

If anyone wants the dragon costume we've seen in previous LBP levels, jump online now so I can invite you into my game.

4 people needed.

I have 2 (me and a second controller).

Just need to stand on switches.

You still doing it? I might jump online.

You still doing it? I might jump online.

Yeah, might be do-able with 3!

Ahh I think if I choose to play the level on my own, it doesn't invite you in? :/

I was in you had just gone past the close gate at the beginning of the level. So we would have had to play the level again. I had another controller also. But you left. :(

I was in you had just gone past the close gate at the beginning of the level. So we would have had to play the level again. I had another controller also. But you left. :(

I'll be back in 10 and we'll just do the level.

Gotta go eat! :)

(Y)

LittleBigPlanet to import images by Christmas

Talking at GameCity in Nottingham today, Alex Evans was asked about the lack of image import in LittleBigPlanet.

The news? He confirmed that this was only pulled from the release of the game because of time constraints, and that the image import tool would be released by Christmas.

For those (many) people that were upset to hear that the PlayStation Eye was going to be the only image import option this will indeed be (completely non-religious) music to their ears.

We?ll have more news from GameCity soon, so keep checking back.

Source: http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2008/11/lit...s-by-christmas/

shameless plug coming...

i published a level named "Rocket Race to the Finish!" that me and my brother put together in like 20 minutes. it's pretty crap, but you can win a rocket for acing the level. :p

so far it's gotten me a trophy for 5 people playing it, but i could use help to get to the trophy for 50 people playing it and 10 people hearting it. and you could also heart me ;)

just need one more heart for the level to get the 10 hearts trophy. help a brother out! :laugh:

and since this level has no chance of getting 50 hearts, i'll be working on something that will hopefully get there. :D