[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/10/sony-p...system-for-lbp/

Telling people what they need to remove, is much better than just deleting whole levels (Y)

i'm probably hoping for a lot (and they've probably already tried it), but i think they should try and strike some sort of deal with other studios to prevent them being sued. i doubt that will happen though, money is too important.

maybe i'm wrong but i thought that the game was sold on the basis that you can recreate "classic" classic levels. maybe it was just the media suggesting this though.

i'm probably hoping for a lot (and they've probably already tried it), but i think they should try and strike some sort of deal with other studios to prevent them being sued. i doubt that will happen though, money is too important.

maybe i'm wrong but i thought that the game was sold on the basis that you can recreate "classic" classic levels. maybe it was just the media suggesting this though.

Yeah they'll strike that deal, but it will come in the form of official God of War levels, etc.

We can only hope they aren't all paid DLC.

Yeah they'll strike that deal, but it will come in the form of official God of War levels, etc.

We can only hope they aren't all paid DLC.

Well, that 5? "1st week" t-shirt was kind of a blow. I certainly know where they can put it with that price tag...

not completely. one of the first images of sackboy being dressed up was a mario.

im trying to download the 1.03 update, I just bought the game and prompt me for it.

it completes 100% and then error 80029564..

is there a way to download Manually from the pc the update??

So, I have a little present I'd like to share with the Neowin community. I have some exclusive codes (probably about 10) for a Nariko LBP Theme for the PS3. I am going to open this up to only the Neowin Subscriber/Staff members for this. Please PM me if you meet that criteria and would like one of the codes.

Just a quick heads up, looks like this is USA only on these codes. Sorry to those outside that unfortunate bubble! :(

Edited by QuantumTrickery

So, I have a little present I'd like to share with the Neowin community. I have some exclusive codes (probably about 10) for a Nariko LBP Theme for the PS3. I am going to open this up to only the Neowin Subscriber/Staff members for this. Please PM me if you meet that criteria and would like one of the codes.

If you have some spare after Subscribers and Staff have chosen, I would like to put my self on the list if posible.

Thanks.

just got my Internet back, can't wait to play this online tomorrow!! I jet wish I of to play some of the levels that got deletet, some of them sour amazing!!

So this Play Share Create score thing? I take it we're supposed to be getting points for playing user made levels each time?

It worked in the beta but doesn't seem to work in the retail copy.

Been playing it all day, addictive and fun! Kinda like a "grownup" version of loco-roco :p does anyone know how to get the Nariko character ?

Been playing it all day, addictive and fun! Kinda like a "grownup" version of loco-roco :p does anyone know how to get the Nariko character ?

In the UK we had to pre-order from Play.com to get her.

But other than that I wouldn't have a clue how you could get her.

Just here to say that I bought it this week-end and we played a lot my friend and I, like until 4 AM.

It's so freaking addicting!!! Real fun, really funny also, and it reminds me of the greatest platformers ever, like Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3. Now, I know the universe is radically different, but it still shares the same feeling, especially with DK, which I loved and has marked me forever :p

I'm happy to see 2D platformers, because I hate the 3D ones. Some exceptions, like Ratchet & Clank, but other than that, I hate 3D platformers (before someone quotes me, I'm not talking about the graphics, but the directions where we can go).

I just have a few problems with my PS3 disconnecting from the network, or being slow with online modes, etc. which is really sad because I played online a little and it was simply gorgeous!!!

Overall it's worth it, it's worth the money and time, and it deserves all its good reviews. It's some kind of a new genre for a platformer, and creating new genres today in 2008 is really hard because we've already invented so many already, which differ a lot - or not - from each other.

I recommend it to everybody who like platformers, seriously, thumbs up!

how do they do it???

Would imagine the things like the textures on the face are done via importing images from the PSEye then putting the sticker onto the Sackboy.

so by taking a picture through the PSEye ?

I got a PS2 camera with a PS2 game back in the day, will that work as well ?

i think so, but can't be sure... only one way to find out.

edit: maybe not. just read it works with ps2 games, but not all current gen games support it, but some do!

edit2: just read that LBP does support it.