[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Has anyone else been getting really really bad lag in this game. Right now for me, its unplayable. It's not our connections from what we can tell :(

Makes coop impossible.

yes, yes and yes. its awful for me too.

they keep doing server improvements here and there, but nothing seems to of solved it yet. very frustrating!

Bah, can't get the spinning thing on "the bunker" :(

Yep thats axactly where I am stuck also, almost got it, but its frustrating, as its easy to use 4 lives there, they should have made it 8.

I got this game last wednesday but i had Fallout 3 keeping me busy i didn't touch it until last night.

I have to say i am very disappointed with the game. At first i was quite enjoying it but after about 40minutes of play, the game got extremely boring. After you had played a few levels, placed some stickers etc it's just the same thing over and over again.

All the claims that this could be possible "GOTY" is rubbish.

Obviously i know people here love it which is fine, but i didn't. I had high expectations for this game since PS3 lacks anyway with enough decent software but this is just another game throw around by Sony to hype the hell out of it.

I got this game last wednesday but i had Fallout 3 keeping me busy i didn't touch it until last night.

I have to say i am very disappointed with the game. At first i was quite enjoying it but after about 40minutes of play, the game got extremely boring. After you had played a few levels, placed some stickers etc it's just the same thing over and over again.

Obviously i know people here love it which is fine, but i didn't. I had high expectations for this game since PS3 lacks anyway with enough decent software but this is just another game throw around by Sony to hype the hell out of it.

Maybe you should keep playing, some of the later level design is something you've never seen in a 2D platformer before.

40 minutes isn't long at all. Are you even past the first set of levels that were in the beta?

Of course, if you don't like platforming games, you should never of bought LBP in the first place :p

Also have you even tried creating a level and/or playing the levels online?

Tried Co-Op?

Seems like you've missed a lot, because it's certainly not the same thing over and over again with sticker placing. Unless you mean the gameplay is the same (jumping/side scrolling), and even then that's not the case for every level. Plus most games have the same core gameplay over and over.

LBP is clearly a contender for GOTY awards on merit as well, sorry if you don't like it personally, but it'll be up there at the end of the year.

Edited by Audioboxer

Maybe you should keep playing, some of the later level design is something you've never seen in a 2D platformer before.

40 minutes isn't long at all. Are you even past the first set of levels that were in the beta?

Of course, if you don't like platforming games, you should never of bought LBP in the first place :p

Also have you even tried creating a level and/or playing the levels online?

Tried Co-Op?

Seems like you've missed a lot, because it's certainly not the same thing over and over again with sticker placing. Unless you mean the gameplay is the same (jumping/side scrolling), and even then that's not the case for every level. Plus most games have the same core gameplay over and over.

LBP is clearly a contender for GOTY awards on merit as well, sorry if you don't like it personally, but it'll be up there at the end of the year.

I played the first set of levels yes and i did have a go online aswell. It's just after about an hour you are doing the same thing over and over again and after a while it's not fun for long. Alos the graphics are pretty poor aswell and there is jagged lines all over the place.

Do i have to complete to game or else i have missed alot and am not worthy of an opinion on the game :rolleyes:

I have only played it last night and i am already pretty much bored of it. Very similar with MGS4. What is it with the PS3 and it's boring exclusive games?

I am sorry but i do not share your opinion on this being GOTY. That should go to Fallout 3 because that derserves it twice over LBP.

I played the first set of levels yes and i did have a go online aswell. It's just after about an hour you are doing the same thing over and over again and after a while it's not fun for long. Alos the graphics are pretty poor aswell and there is jagged lines all over the place.

Do i have to complete to game or else i have missed alot and am not worthy of an opinion on the game :rolleyes:

I have only played it last night and i am already pretty much bored of it. Very similar with MGS4. What is it with the PS3 and it's boring exclusive games?

I am sorry but i do not share your opinion on this being GOTY. That should go to Fallout 3 because that derserves it twice over LBP.

Play more levels, the first set of levels are basically tutorials.

You're only doing yourself an injustice with your ?30 odd purchase only playing the first set of levels.

The graphics? Keep playing my friend. The lighting in the game is great. So is the art style. It's a 2D game, it's not going to be the best looker ever, but the graphics are far from poor.

You don't need to complete a game, but you're not even 1/4 of the way through the SP campaign Piracy:// ... You've basically played the tutorial and made your mind up you're not going any further and that the game sucks. I've played the whole game and know what you're missing out on.

As I said, may not be your GOTY, but I was just pointing out on merit it will be up there. http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...littlebigplanet - One of the highest reviewed games out right now.

Surely that in itself would encourage you to keep going and actually give the game a chance? No?

What is it with the PS3 and it's boring exclusive games?

If that's the case for you, should maybe be selling that PS3 before it depreciates more in value?:rofl::

Edited by Audioboxer

I have to agree with Piracy on the graphics aspect, yes the lighting in the game is great and the art style is nice too. However it can look jagged and scrappy.

I would say to keep on playing it though as it's a great single player game, not the longest in the world so you aren't going to lose too much time if you then decide that you didn't like it. But certainly give it a go till the end.

Rofl, welcome to the world of gaming, its all the same stuff over and over, its just how they present it to the player that is different.

But then I am not surprised that you would say this for a PS3 exclusive, considering how unhappy you are and have been with it so far, I don't know why you haven't sold it, or still buy games if your using it as a blu-ray player, seems like its jsut wasting your time.

Just let him have his opinion and don't start arguing. He's entitled to his say and neither of you are right or wrong.

I've not played any further than the levels which were in the beta and purely been playing MP levels since last Friday. Absolutely love it even though so many of them are broken. I wanna try out co-op though, don't like playing with randoms, any takers?

i'll play with you DM, though the time difference might be a problem. :p but if you want to get a game in and i'm online, feel free to send me an invite. i actually still need to get the trophy for playing with 3 people on my friends list.

and for Piracy, please do yourself a favor and at least finish the single player game. i found myself thinking the same thing at the beginning. i was kind of "meh" about the levels, but the level designs get astronomically better. the later levels are just amazing imo.

Just let him have his opinion and don't start arguing. He's entitled to his say and neither of you are right or wrong.

I've not played any further than the levels which were in the beta and purely been playing MP levels since last Friday. Absolutely love it even though so many of them are broken. I wanna try out co-op though, don't like playing with randoms, any takers?

I'll be about tonight from about half six if that helps you :)

Just add me if you like ID is in the sig.

This months EGM rumours

-Little Big Planet getting Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy content packs. Official Disney LBP content to be revealed in 2009 (Steamboat Willie could be the first Disney content)

-LBP PSP version in 2009. "...fantastically ambitious and will further flesh out the PS3 LBP experience."

-MediaMolecule's next project may be an online RPG game.

I just reached The Bunker level and got stuck on that spinning thing too! :(

Gave up for a while to play some co-op with my brother, gained a few trophies too. (Y)

:heart: LPB

I just reached The Bunker level and got stuck on that spinning thing too! :(

Try acing that level then :(

That's what I'm stuck at lol.

The costumes are on the eu store.

I hadnt noticed that each costume download is only about a mb, and exactly the same size, and the downloaded items in game data hasnt gotten any bigger.

so im assuming that is what the 50something patch contained all of them and it would allow costumed sackboys to play with those that havent downloaded anything.

still want the cat from that japanese news game thing and the ape escape one.

How do I copy a level from MP to my moon?

You can only do that if the creator allows the level to be downloaded.

Before uploading you can make your level "copyright" or not.

It had to be done, when the game first came out and creators weren't copyrighting, people were republishing their levels and taking credit. In some cases the republished levels were actually getting more plays/hearts from the person who had copied it, than the original creator :|

You see, once you download and it's on your moon, you can republish it as yours.

Some people let you download though, but not many...

It seems strange in a game where the levels can all be created by everyone anyway, but it would be silly to let 300 people keep republishing a level because it's really good/popular and wanting credit from people hearting them.