[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Leaked LBP DLC, Patch Schedule from Media Molecule

leaked_lbp_schedule.jpg

I was perusing Media Molecule?s Flickr feed when I stumbled upon some very small dry erase marker in the background of one of the pictures. Using our proprietary PSLS decoding software (uh, looking closely at the picture) combined with our knowledge of the cheese-based naming of upcoming patches for LittleBigPlanet, we will attempt to shed some light on what you can expect for the game in the coming months.

We know Media Molecule has already delivered some cheese (patches), such as Roquefort, the 1.07 patch. From the image, we can see patch 1.08 at the top of the image (slightly cut off). That was already delivered most recently and it added in textures and other content for upcoming DLC/costumes.

Next on the list is Jarlsberg, with what appears to say ?2000 AD? next to it, listed as TBC (to be confirmed). It looks like Media Molecule has teams working on multiple patches at the same time, with some listed as ?to be confirmed? before they get a patch number, and are submitted to Sony QA Testing. In addition, Jarlsberg seems to consist primarily of data for the game, or content, and is currently held up in ?legal? - could this be a feature that was cut out due to legal concerns (e.g., photo importing)?

Next on the list we see the sequential follow-up to the current 1.08 version of LittleBigPlanet, which is version 1.09, the Edam patch. This chart confirms that Edam contains ?priority bug fixes? for the game?s code and is currently in testing. Media Molecule has mentioned that they?d like to get the Edam patch out by mid-february, and it fixes the ?user profile full? issue, object capture bug, failed to load profile error, slow rewind due to moderation check, save file corruption, and the text chat window not displaying properly.

Next on the list is the Cornish Yarg patch, which Media Molecule teased us with saying it contains ?new creative capabilities? which may require extensive testing and should be out in 6-8 weeks. We can now confirm by looking at this image, that the new creative capabilities include new tutorials and ONLINE CREATE! Media Molecule made it seem like they would have some sort of closed beta for selected users to test it out in some of their previous blog posts, so we?re having trouble interpreting the dates on this leaked schedule. Maybe it was submitted 28/29 January and they hope to announce it by ?END JAN?? ? that would be today. What do you guys think those lines mean?

Next we see the Leerdammer update, which we can now tell includes code fixes, specifically networking (TCP/IP) fixes. This should help with those gamers experiencing packet loss and online lag. ?Amy? at Media Molecule is working on it and we can expect announcements throughout February.

Now, the most exciting exclusive PlayStation LifeStyle news is that another cheese is in the works! The Stinking Bishop patch! Unannounced as of yet from Media Molecule, all we know is that this patch includes the Arcade Pack. Rarely does a piece of DLC require a new patch, so we?re hoping this will be another game-changing piece of DLC, like the MGS4 pack. I am willing to bet this cheese won?t stink.

By the way, if you want to help Media Molecule get these patches out, they just posted 2 new job openings: Senior QA Technician and Gameplay Programmer. One rule, if you get the job, you must tell them to send PlayStation LifeStyle a copy of their next game!

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/01/31...media-molecule/

LittleBigPlanet Valentines Pack

Yes, it?s that time of year again, Valentines Day. Whether you love it or loathe it, everyone can relate to the typical candies, flowers and cards that get?s passed around year after year, after year? what?s the fun in that?

Our solution, celebrate your holiday this year with the free LittleBigPlanet Valentines Day Theme pack! In addition to our McLovin SackBoy costume, the theme pack comes equipped with a full array of stickers and decorations that will surely inspire some wild and crazy creations. So go on, create that ultimate Valentines Day level or object for your chosen SackBoy or SackGirl, and be sure to also show it off on the LittleBigWorkshop.

3254291764_c650808433.jpg

And just a friendly reminder, if you haven?t done so already, be sure to download the Groundhog Day costume from the PS Store today as this may be your only chance before it?s gone forever.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/04/...alentines-pack/

and walkthrough on how to make connect 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWoiDTNX8s

OMG :|the wires :| [roughly 1,500 wires]

Edited by Audioboxer

There's a lot of crap levels, but there's quite a lot of gems now (Y)

Fair review however, but it's just a little unfair to suggest there's not a lot of good within user created levels, because there most definitely is. Finding good levels isn't as difficult nowadays with the better search options, but they could still improve.

Dunno why he keeps going on with the penis jokes as well, I haven't seen anything like that on the levels of say Spore :laugh:

LBP 'Edam' Patch Goes Live Tonight

3265875721_d294e76822_o.jpg

Without further ado, Edam goes live tonight (9pm UK time). This is a little earlier than expected thanks to the Molecules & the testing team who gave it their extra special attention. It contains the following bug fixes:

* Failed to save profile? message not being displayed when a users profile is full.

* Object Capture Bug: switch connectors being deleted when an object is captured.

* Failed to load profile issue :where the user is thrown out to the XMB due to a texture that is not registered in their profile being present in their pod.

* Text not displaying in the text chat window.

* Slow rewind due to moderation check.

* Save file corruption which caused the game to crash when placing any object in an emitter in any level.

Hurrah!! I will post with a full cheese board update at the end of this week. Until then enjoy a nice bite of Edam on us!!

As usual, if you have any issues then please read the FAQ, send us a mail or leave a message in the comments section.

xx

Source: http://www.mediamolecule.com/2009/02/09/edam-rolls/

Sack it to Me (Love is in the Air Edition)

3268279468_87c6ccc4a2_m.jpg

Welcome to another update on the world of LBP.

?Update Love?

Going live later today is Update 1.09 - a bit earlier than expected, but we?re sure you won?t mind. This update contains some minor adjustments plus addresses the following bug fixes:

* ?Failed to save profile? message not being displayed when a user?s profile is full.

* Object Capture Bug: switch connectors being deleted when an object is captured.

* Failed to load profile issue: where the user is thrown out to the XMB due to a texture that is not registered in their profile being present in their pod.

* Text not displaying in the text chat window.

* Slow rewind due to moderation check.

* Save file corruption which caused the game to crash when placing any object in an emitter i?Awards Love? from the development communityment community

The past few weeks has been a humbling experience with news of numerous prestigious awards nominations from both the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences and Game Developers Choice Awards. Congrats to the Molecules and SCEE.

AIAS nominations

* Family Game of the Year

* Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction

* Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering

* Outstanding Character Performance

* Outstanding Innovation in Gaming

* Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack

* Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design

* Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction

* Console Game of the Year

* Overall Game of the Year

GDC nominations

* Best Game Design

* Best Visual Art

* Best Technology

* Best Audio

* Best Debut

* Innovation

* ?Merchandising Love?chandising Love?

3268279448_dbeec0699d.jpg

The very first LittleBigPlanet merchandise makes its ?littlebig? debut this week with a brand new action-figure line featuring an assortment of 4″ scale Sackboys in all his textured and stitched glory, displaying various characters, poses, and costumes. Those attending the 2009 International Toy Fair in New York will be among the few who will catch the very first glimpse of the action-figures that will be available at select mass market, specialty and online stores across North America beginning this Spring.

Toy developer and manufacturer, Mezco Toyz, will also release retailer exclusives, variants and limited-edition Sackboys throughout the year, which will range between 2″ and 18″ scale figurines.

If you happen to be attending the 2009 International Toy Fair, feel free to drop by the Mezco Toyz booth at the Jacob Javits Center (#4823) for your sneak peek at the new action-figures. However, if Toy Fair isn?t on the list of your destinations this year, plan on coming by their booth at the 2009 Comic-Con International Show thiStuff?d SackBoys (and SackGirls)??d SackBoys (and SackGirls)

You?ll be glad to know that the highly sought after, officially licensed SackBoy plushies are on their way. Unfortunately, we still need some time to knit, stitch, and stuff a few loose ends before we reveal more?

?but stay tuned, we have tons more of great news soon.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/09/...he-air-edition/

Official plushies on the way :D

^

No idea, probably this year at least! :p

Japanese rock music video takes place in a LittleBigPlanet

beatplanet580mv.jpg

Japanese rock band Beat Crusaders' latest music video, "Phantom Planet," takes place in a world we're quite familiar with: the LittleBigPlanet. This adorable music video features the band members' faces stickered atop Sackboys, running around various levels from LBP. Kotaku smartly points out that the band is signed on to DefSTAR Records, a division of Sony Music Japan, which may explain the blatantly promotional aspect of the music video.

Hear the song after the break.

Source: http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/02/19/...ittlebigplanet/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymOkeQ94P3c&eurl

Sack it to Me - The PSP Announcement Edition

Welcome back to another great week of Sack it to Me, your one-stop shop for all cool things around the world of LBP.

LittleBigPlanet PSP Announcement

By now, I?m sure you have all heard the great news that LittleBigPlanet will be coming to the PSP this Fall! Building the game from the ground up, fans can expect new SackBoy adventures with the same play, create and share experience made just for gamers on-the-go ? not to mention, brand new levels and environments ? all of which are being created specifically for the PSP!

For those of you who may be concerned that the development of the PlayStation Portable game will detract Media Molecule?s attention from the ongoing support and enhancement of LittleBigPlanet on PLAYSTATION 3, let me reassure you that the PSP version of the game is being primarily looked after by Sony?s development studio in Cambridge, England leaving Media Molecule free to continue as they have been doing.

We?ve seen a lot of questions come up about the new game already, but unfortunately we don?t have much more to tell you right now other than confirming that the game is in development. There?ll be plenty of news about LittleBigPlanet on PSP in the weeks and months to come, so stay tuned for more?but that?s all there isNew Search Optionsw Search Options

For all you LittleBigPlanet players trying to look for your favorite levels, we have updated the in-game search bar so you can get your content easier. The default search is now less fuzzy, so what you search for will show less results but be of a higher quality. Basically, it?ll find less, but what it finds will be a more exact match to your search word.

On top of that, if you?ve got a specific level or creator you?re looking for, you can use some additional ?search text? to find exacSearching for authors? Searching for authors?

To search for a particular author, simply add @ in front of the exact name you?re looking for. So to search for levels made by `Sackboy103` simplySearching for words in Level Title only?r words in Level Title only?

To search for words in Level Title only, put a $ in front of the search word. For example, to search for levels with ?Frenzy? in the Level TiSearching for exact words? Searching for exact words?

To search for exact words, use single quotes, like this:

* ?frenzy?

This will search only for the word ?frenzy? in Level Title and Level Description (so no fonzy, friendzy, fencey,Searching for phrases only?).

Searching for phrases only?

To search by phrase, say, ?The Mighty Tower of Ultimate Doom?, use double quotes, like this:

* ?The Mighty Tower of Ultimate Doom?

This will search only the Level Title &ampWant to Combine Searches?that phrase.

Want to Combine Searches?

Each of these search types can be combined to form more complex searches. For example, say I wanted to search for ?Mark?s Multi Mega Marvellous Mashing Machine? by ?MarkLovesMashing9988′, I?d type in:

* $Mashing @MarkLovesMashing9988

which will search for all levels with ?Mashing? in the Level TitleOr I could type:ovesMashing9988′ as the author.

Or IOr.e:

* ?Mashing Machine? @MarkLovesMashing

Or.

* The Making of LittleBigBillboardst I think you get the idea.)

The Making of LittleBigBillboards

Standing at just 16 inches tall, only 1,000 of these cute and beloved billboards were lucratively placed at local bus stops, shopping center areas and city parks throughout North America in the fall of 2008. But where did these LittleBigBillboards come from? Who were the SackBoy loving people that planted them in your area? Answers to these questions and many others are shown in this ultra cool behind-the-scenes video Mm found on YouTube:

Community Crown Goodness[/b]youtube.com/watch?v=ZEjAyr1FABc

Community Crown Goodness

Due to the overwhelming success of our Community Prize Crown awards for winning our LittleBigChallenges, we have been working quietly behind the scenes on creating more opportunities for the LBP community to win this ultra rare item. Be sure to come back this Friday for a full update on how you canUpcoming DLC Content goodness beyond our LittleBigChallenges.

Upcoming DLC Content

We know you guys can never get enough of our costume packs, and it?s been evident with all the wild and crazy creations we?ve been eyeing on the LittleBigWorkshop. Since pictures are worth a thousand words, we will end this post with these images of things to come.

febsakcs.jpg

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/25/...cement-edition/

don't know if anyone posted this yet, but here's Little Big Contra. It simply is amazing.

It really is awesome.

There's 8 stages to it, an incredible amount of effort :yes:

I bought my PS3 long ago.. mainly waiting for this game. I just got it today. :blush:

It's updating now, and I'll tell you guys what I think after I try it.

I also got myself a Cowon D2 + 16 GB SDHC card for it. :D

I bought my PS3 long ago.. mainly waiting for this game. I just got it today. :blush:

It's updating now, and I'll tell you guys what I think after I try it.

I also got myself a Cowon D2 + 16 GB SDHC card for it. :D

hey Piggy are you playing it right now? I can join ya if you want.