[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

Don't start again guys, the thread has already been closed once. :rofl:

I think taking this persons advice on the game is a little silly to be honest.

The tutorials are hugely important to the game.

Oh, and I'm getting a little tired of the name calling. I have no idea who popis is... Drop it, please.

No, struggling because they are BORING AND ANNOYING and tell you the OBVIOUS constantly.

So no, Popis, they are not :)

The game has to be as open and somewhat easy for as many people as possible, I would assume most of us in this forum would generally get what everything does and would play around with it if we didn't.

But a lot of people wont, and while it might be blindingly obvious to us, you have to remember mere common folk might by this game too, and they might not get it, or wont even try and play around to learn themselves so it has to be shoved in their faces so they do get it.

And this Popis thing, I ahven't a clue what happened to him or whatever, but it's getting fairly annoying to see it constantly.

If it is him, the mods would have or will do something about him, but either way let it go, if it isn't him your coming off to me as bullying a newish member on the forum and he clearly doesn't like it.

At which point I would just say report them if you feel you are beign victimised, it has been mentioned somewhere about calling out other members in certain ways somewhere by one of the staff.

but of course if you guys relaly think it is him, then report him, if he was banned once, he shoudln't be here with a duplicate account.

And Audio you totally missed my reply! :p

The game has to be as open and somewhat easy for as many people as possible, I would assume most of us in this forum would generally get what everything does and would play around with it if we didn't.

But a lot of people wont, and while it might be blindingly obvious to us, you have to remember mere common folk might by this game too, and they might not get it, or wont even try and play around to learn themselves so it has to be shoved in their faces so they do get it.

Does that mean they have to FORCE us through placing a box, cutting them up and moving corners?

No, a simple "Skip" button would suffice.

No actually, I sleep through F@H.

Yeah me too, all hours of the day.

Thank you Corris - somebody with some sense. I may not be here for much longer anyways. The place is crawling with people that can't debate, constantly throw the 'it's my opinion' line at you, and then name call.

Quite sad when all I wanted to do was talk about the good things that Sony/PS3 is doing - seems you can't do that here without certain members ruining it.

All this because someone didn't want to do something. Brilliant.

Accept what other people do and move on with your lives.

You find the tutorials brilliant? good for you, others including me didn't.

:yes:

Munky, it's not the fact you don't want to watch the tutorials, its the manner in which you go about telling people you don't need them to play the game.

We all know you don't need to watch them, but seeing as quite a few of us here have been playing this for a few days and we are all basically saying the same thing you would think that common sense would kick in. The tutorials for the 'create' side of the game are hugely important.

Why so serious!!!

Jeez louise, all because of some stupid tutorial. Who cares if people watch it or not. Those who want to know every editing tool / option will put the time into learning it. Those who don't, won't.

Simple.

edit: oh noes I haz tutorialz!

:rofl:

Does that mean they have to FORCE us through placing a box, cutting them up and moving corners?

No, a simple "Skip" button would suffice.

You lot sure do appear in packs on here lol.

Id understand the moaning if the tuts really didn't serve a purpose, you watch them once and that's it, if your going to make a simple level you only have to watch 1-2, couple at most, but if you are going to make levels more complicated then you will have to watch more.

Its not like they are going to suck your life away.

This game having tutorials is no different than say any other, there are just more and make you watch them because this game has far mroe depth with what you can do.

CoD4 the first level teaches you all the moves and everything you need in the first level, you can then survive the rest of the game and improve with that.

However you don't exactly learn to build while playing LittleBigPlanet so much, so they have to show you something.

But I do agree it would be ideal to have a skip button, when the full game comes out those that buy it are going to have to sit through them all again. :p

What reply man? lol

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry589884556

:p

If I had a problem, I would say it and then, woo, its over, move onto the game etc.

But if people are going to keep bringing it up then other people are going to do the same back.

I can create plenty of things from maps in UE3 to simple **** like creatures in Spore without ever watching or paying attention to the tutorials. Guess I'm just a genius like that :o :cool:

I thought you were bored of talking about it etc etc?

Anyway, bored of this now, have fun.

Corris, I'm not trying to / want to cause trouble. I'm posting here because I got a copy of the beta. I said I'm getting on fine without the voice overs. People can't accept it, I'm not to blame for that.

Ahhh sorry, missed that!

no no, lol.

I was talking about the actual backgrounds, the scenery behind the level.

The beta comes with the blank one and the garden one, but you can use level templates to get the others but they come with loads of stuff on, I was wondering if there was something i had missed to get them when starting a blank level.

and theres 5 depths, the 3 you play on and a front and back one. :p

Yeah I've only got two actual backgrounds as well :/

I've seen people with Sackboy skins I don't have as well I'm sure.

Maybe you unlock more stuff after you publish your first level or heart online levels? I know MM said trophies will be given for playing, creating AND sharing. Sharing meaning rating levels and what not.

There's a foreground depth as well? Hehe nice, didn't know.

Thought it was just background and the 3 levels you can walk/run and interact in!

Everything I've made in edit mode so far has been pretty simple lol. Trying to make a football field just now with goals/goalies :laugh:

Put a rocket thruster on the ball, not sure if that's a good idea haha!

I can create plenty of things from maps in UE3 to simple **** like creatures in Spore without ever watching or paying attention to the tutorials. Guess I'm just a genius like that :o :cool:

I thought you were bored of talking about it etc etc?

Corris, I'm not trying to / want to cause trouble. I'm posting here because I got a copy of the beta. I said I'm getting on fine without the voice overs. People can't accept it, I'm not to blame for that.

I'm like you, I don't need to see tutorials generally to know how things work, I have played with enough of them while growing up and playing games that, like you I'm sure, we generally get how things work, and I find it far more beneficial to play with tools yourself and find what you can and can't do through experimenting, you know the boundaries far better then.

I know you have the beta, I saw the screenshot with the other language (japanese? lol) and I hope you are enjoying it!

But we seem to spend far too long discussing silly things on here when we could be talking about what we have made or what we want to instead of saying how we hate the forced tuts for the building items, when you could be going through them quickly and getting onto the good stuff and being constructive with the game and each other.

But i did start back to Uni today, so I'm just annoyed that I want to be playing these games instead of work, lol.

Ahhh sorry, missed that!

Yeah I've only got two actual backgrounds as well :/

I've seen people with Sackboy skins I don't have as well I'm sure.

Maybe you unlock more stuff after you publish your first level or heart online levels? I know MM said trophies will be given for playing, creating AND sharing. Sharing meaning rating levels and what not.

There's a foreground depth as well? Hehe nice, didn't know.

Thought it was just background and the 3 levels you can walk/run and interact in!

Everything I've made in edit mode so far has been pretty simple lol. Trying to make a football field just now with goals/goalies :laugh:

Put a rocket thruster on the ball, not sure if that's a good idea haha!

Rofls.

That video you posted had a snow material, which I thought was odd, since I can't remember there being snow in the game.

Dunno about people on-line having different clothing, maybe they know something we don't.

I'm like you, I don't need to see tutorials generally to know how things work, I have played with enough of them while growing up and playing games that, like you I'm sure, we generally get how things work, and I find it far more beneficial to play with tools yourself and find what you can and can't do through experimenting, you know the boundaries far better then.

I know you have the beta, I saw the screenshot with the other language (japanese? lol) and I hope you are enjoying it!

But we seem to spend far too long discussing silly things on here when we could be talking about what we have made or what we want to instead of saying how we hate the forced tuts for the building items, when you could be going through them quickly and getting onto the good stuff and being constructive with the game and each other.

But i did start back to Uni today, so I'm just annoyed that I want to be playing these games instead of work, lol.

Absolutely spot on, that's all I wanna do :laugh: :yes:

Rofls.

That video you posted had a snow material, which I thought was odd, since I can't remember there being snow in the game.

Dunno about people on-line having different clothing, maybe they know something we don't.

I think they've just created the snow by using an emitter and putting a repeated pattern of particles falling on a constant loop!

Painted the particles white obviously, and created them out of fluff or something else that's light.

Spot on Corris, spot on.

well after a bunch of begging and pleading on GAF, someone felt sorry enough for me to give me a code. :rofl: having fun so far, though i've just gone through the first 3 levels and haven't created anything yet.

I'll end up buying this game much like everyone else, but I think there must be something wrong with me as I just don't get it. It looks like an average platformer with a level editor built in. I'm sure there are people who'll spend ages creating things for the game, but I just can't see the appeal. At the end of the day it'll still be just an average platformer but loaded with whatever crap I attempt to create.

I'm fully prepared to be wrong which is why I'm gonna purchase it, with an option of taking it back within a week, and see what all the fuss is about, but for now, I don't get it

I'll end up buying this game much like everyone else, but I think there must be something wrong with me as I just don't get it. It looks like an average platformer with a level editor built in. I'm sure there are people who'll spend ages creating things for the game, but I just can't see the appeal. At the end of the day it'll still be just an average platformer but loaded with whatever crap I attempt to create.

I'm fully prepared to be wrong which is why I'm gonna purchase it, with an option of taking it back within a week, and see what all the fuss is about, but for now, I don't get it

That's fair enough. It's not going to please everybody.

PS - You're dead inside ;)