[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

LittleBigPlanet: The Very Big Interview

We talk to Media Molecule co-founders Mark Healey and Alex Evans, as well as Sony's Pete Smith, to get the FULL story behind the big PS3 game from a little British studio.

lbp-ib-440.jpg

If you've been paying any attention over the past two months, you know that the world has gone absolutely crazy for LittleBigPlanet. Created by the 25-or-so developers at Guildford, UK-based Media Molecule, and soon to be expanded by the millions of PlayStation 3 owners around the world, the game has captured everyone's attention - adorning magazine covers and the pages of national newspapers. Gaming sites are being slowed to a crawl as eager players fight for the few thousand beta keys that have started leaking out. And behind the furor is a remarkable game that taps straight into the vein of new technology.

Among the lead characters in the LittleBigPlanet story is Mark Healey, Co-founder of Media Molecula. Healey started to make a name for himself with Rag Doll Kung Fu - a game he developed "sitting at my kitchen table in my pants", he tells us - while working alongside Peter Molyneux on Fable for the Xbox. Rag Doll Kung Fu was an exploration of game mechanics, allowing people to manipulate stylized marionettes with the mouse and act out fighting scenes in the style of popular Hong Kong action flicks. It was released on Steam and earned its creator awards and adoration.

5 page interview: http://games.kikizo.com/features/littlebig...ew-sep08-p1.asp

Lot of reading, just started! :)

Very interesting tidbit of info here! :o

As an interesting aside, before pitching Sony, the ex-Lionhead company founders were working on a game "more Portally than Portal... Portal, but with scale factor", we're told. They went on to meet with Valve, which published Rag Doll Kung Fu on Steam. At the time, Valve also suggested that they work on a game together, but nothing came of that in the end. "We were very tempted," Evans reveals. "But in the end we decided to talk to Sony and they just got the game at the beginning."

Need help collecting all items on the 2nd and 3rd level - anybody?

There's some nasty hidden ones on 2 and 3.

What percentages are on you for each?

I can probably co-op with you soon and help you get all the stickers. Like 30 mins or something.

There's some nasty hidden ones on 2 and 3.

What percentages are on you for each?

I can probably co-op with you soon and help you get all the stickers. Like 30 mins or something.

That would be grand.. I'll send you a friends request now :yes:

That would be grand.. I'll send you a friends request now :yes:

(Y)

MM on Advertising

Originally Posted by Epix:

I wonder when we're going to start seeing marketing and commercials.

Quote:

Start watching TV in the beginning of October. We?re saving our TV budget for launch and the holidays. In the mean time, you?ve seen our print ads and LittleBigBillboards right?

Quote:

so?what if I tell you we?ll have multiple TV spots running in Oct-Dec, Print advertising in Sep-Dec, Online advertising in Sep-Dec, and Viral activity in Sept-Dec, would that make you happier?

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/19/...age-2/#comments

Well, i have the new copy of Official PlayStation mag with the Kratos code :D

Me too. :D

I had to walk through the city centre from my uni to get to WHSmith in the pouring rain to get it, but now I have something to read on the toilet. :D

Edited by Corris

Me too. :D

I had to walk through the city centre from my uni to get to WHSmith in the pouring rain to get it, but now I have something to read on the toilet. :D

I got my copy of OPM but I got no code only a "Fast Cash" scratchcard. It wasn't opened beforehand either. :(

I got my copy of OPM but I got no code only a "Fast Cash" scratchcard. It wasn't opened beforehand either. :(

Dunno how legit this is, but

Okay right if your like me and opened you bought OPM and opened it looking for the Kratos code and didn't find one then this is the thread for you.

First of all a little update on the situation (i don't work at Future Publishing i work at a supermarket which sell these magazines) i went to my manager today and had a chat with him about this and he allowed me, a supervisor and 2 other members of staff to take the magazines they had instore, safe unwrap them (Its where you use a piece of equipment to open the packaging but can still reseal it) to check every issue for the code.

Well after 4 hours of doing so we calculated it up and discovered that 1 out of 40 issues of OPM actually have a Kratos code which is in internet terms, ****ing retarded.

Anyway i got home and decided to give old future publishing a call (i hate it when companies do this) i spent about half an hour on ****ing hold (which i think cost me about 10 quid) to just be told that i had to ring another number. Which thus leads to the solution.

IF you have bought OPM and have no recieved a kratos code ring this number: 01225442244

You will need: Your name, your address, your post code and your phone number.

They seem to be fully aware of the problem and i ASSUME they will send out codes via mail or something. (If anyone could ask them what they are exactly going to do when they ring it would be helpful)

Some of you may have noticed that they don't ask for any verification of purchase so if you haven't received the code, you might as well ring them up and get it for free.

After solving that **** now i have to solve me getting a beta code, if anyone has a spare one i would be eternally grateful and probably give u some psn games or something.

Anyway hope this helped the many people who have been disappointed.

Source: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=567061

edit: Also, could someone scan the review? :rofl: Only scan currently out there is too small to read :(

Dunno how legit this is, but

Source: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=567061

edit: Also, could someone scan the review? :rofl: Only scan currently out there is too small to read :(

Well that is future publishing's licensing number (it is printed in the front of the mag). I was going to send them an email anyway.

EDIT:

Sent email to Future Publishing. :)

Edited by DARRKCLOUD

X-Play's LittleBigPlanet Beta Give Away Tonight

X-Play is giving away 2,000 pass-codes that will give lucky viewers a chance to gain early access to LittleBigPlanet.

Tune in to X-Play tonight at 8PM ET to check out their LittleBigPlanet premiere special, and find out how you can be one of the 2,000 lucky X-Play viewers who will receive the code to the beta, and get the chance to play the game before its release.

Check the link for more information.

Source: http://n4g.com/gaming/News-207141.aspx

gona go pick up the magazine tomorrow, looks good

i was at the lilltlebigplanet shop in Manchester yesterday and the build they have there is a lot faster and has a lot more features, im gona go a few more times since it closes on the 4th

There's one in Manchester and supposedly a second is opening nearer launch.

Location was confirmed, but I can't remember. It might even of been London...

I love how creative people are being with the game, its just awesome what some people can come up with.

Really looking forward to the full game coming out, when I start making proper levels I want to have the full tool set and items at hand. :D

Sony Plans To Turn Closed LBP Beta Into Open Demo

Everyone is going absolutely nuts over the LittleBigPlanet beta, as multiple gaming sites all over the Internet are giving away thousands of access codes. But you may not have to get lucky if you wish to play the game before its October 21 release date...

According to reliable inside information delivered by a reader, it seems Sony plans to open up the beta testing during the final week to give everyone a shot at it. Essentially, they produce the closed beta to generate hype and interest, and then open it up to the public in the form of a playable demo a week before the game launches. The tipster in question posted the following in the Blu-Ray.com forums-

"If you don't get in, don't worry. They are supposed to be opening up the public beta for the final week. Last I heard they were still planning on doing so, this closed beta is just there to generate a bit (a lot) of hype for the game before it releases. Basically they are talking about turning the limited time closed beta into a demo for the week before launch. It is easier to do this than to release a demo."

This info evidently comes straight from SCEE, and if that's true, there's no denying its validity. The concept makes perfect sense to us, too, so we're going to say we're about 95% certain this rumor will be proven correct very soon. For now, we have to say its unconfirmed, but we're definitely leaning towards "truth" rather than bogus. Thanks to our loyal reader for letting us in on the details; we agreed to keep this quiet for a while to keep the beta hype high, but now that hype is un-killable. So we figure it's safe to tell ya about this now.

Source: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3861.html

Maybe I had missed something, but I went on to the game yesterday, and I had gained some new Sack Boy outfit/clothe items.

Red Flowery Material and a female Shakespearian like outfit.

Where did they come from. O.o

Job listing reveals more on LittleBigPlanet PSP rumor

lbppsprules.jpg

Back in April we've heard rumors that the huge PS3 title out in the latter half of this month, LittleBigPlanet, would be getting its very own PSP title. Today, reader libertine pointed us to a SCEE job listing which refers to a position for "PSP game engine lead" whose job is to oversee "LittleBigPlanet projects." Whatever could this mean? Can we expect a handheld version of the dream-creation sim or can we expect to see some sort of LBP PS3-to-PSP integration?

[Thanks libertine!]

Update: Eurogamer had a chat with Media Molecule's Mark Healy where-in the MM co-founder legitimizes the possibility of LBP on PSP: "There's definitely scope for a PSP version. We've had discussions and talks, [but] nothing concrete at the moment."

Source: http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/10/01/job-li...anet-psp-rumor/