[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

You big girl lol

Haha, I don't care, at least I will have my SackBoy Plush lol.

As for the price, they aren't 99p lol, thats a price GameStation just put up for the offer (as far as I am aware of).

I don't mind paying ?39.99 for the game as long as I do get the Plush as I haven't seen the same offer any where else......

More LBP news:

Atari president Phil Harrison has told GamesIndustry.biz that he believes Sony took "absolutely the right decision" in recalling LittleBigPlanet over references to the Qur'an in one of the background songs.

Harrison, who was previously president of Sony Worldwide Studios before taking on his current role - and who championed the game from the very beginning - also thinks that the delay won't affect the game's ultimate success "one iota".

"I wasn't privy to all of the discussions and debate that went on within Sony [about the recall], but I know they would have thought very deeply about it, and at the highest level of the company," he explained.

"And on reflection I think it was absolutely the right thing to do, because LittleBigPlanet set out from day one to be a game for the entire world - and if there was anything that accidentally detracted from that vision and made the game not fun for the entire world, then the game would have fundamentally failed in its mission.

"So I think Sony took absolutely the right decision - painful though it was, and frustrating though it might be for gamers who were looking forward to it. It only seems to have heightened the anticipation, so I think it'll end up being a win, and full credit to Media Molecule for turning around a fix as quickly as they did."

Harrison also loved the beta. "I downloaded the beta, I sat down to play it, and it's pretty rare that within five seconds of starting a game you fall in love with a bit of software," he noted.

"And it was just the most fantastic experience, the whole intro sequence, where you've got the narration and the video of the dreams coming off the people in real life, going up to form the planet - I just thought that was absolutely inspired.

"And that was done after I left Sony, so all credit to Media Molecule for that, or whoever was responsible. And then you get into the game and it was just smiles all the way.

"So I think people are going to be blown away by the game, and while I'm obviously sad for the stumble, I don't think it will affect the long-term success of the game one iota."

Source: Eurogamer

Looks like Phil Harrison is regretting leaving Sony. :p

LBP Gets Patched

LittleBigPlanet has seen it?s first patch this morning for anyone with the game already (or at least the European version) taking the game to version 1.01. Interestingly, it appears the song in question is still there, we?re assuming they?ve removed, censored or looped around the troublesome content, though.

Source: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/10/22/lbp-gets-patched/

Yay, the song fits the level really(Y)ll (Y)

Could just be this isn't the patch to remove, but I doubt that.

I'll bootup the game soon and check.

got my copy yesterday and i'm absolutely loving it. looks like i have a new trophy whoring game :shifty:

can't wait till the servers are up to play with other people. :)

Looks like Phil Harrison is regretting leaving Sony. :p

I seriously doubt he is with the new big fat paycheck he has. No doubt his life is easier too being outside of the console war so to speak.

Will pick up the patch later, nice to hear the song has been left in there and just censored rather than removed. Hopefully it won't be too noticable either :D

I seriously doubt he is with the new big fat paycheck he has. No doubt his life is easier too being outside of the console war so to speak.

Yeah, plus he doesn't have as much in the way of presentations so he is less of a public figure. :)

I notice that you too don't have the trophy for completing all the tutorials, I've used the 'next tutorial' button till it's no longer there and still not got the trophy :s seemed a bit weird.

I ran into that problem too, but found the solution to it. Apparently in the gadgets menu you have to do the tutorials for all of those gadgets that have the purple star question marks to get the trophy.

I ran into that problem too, but found the solution to it. Apparently in the gadgets menu you have to do the tutorials for all of those gadgets that have the purple star question marks to get the trophy.

Done :( nothing with a purple star, even watched all the videos as well :s

Damn, this thread is getting close to GTA4 territory.

Just wait till the game's actually out then :laugh:

I thought it would be a good idea to leave this as general discussion and open a topic for creation talk only.

However it seems NW was lazy as hell during the beta, seeing as no one created anything :laugh:

Might be different for retail though :p

I've been working on some stuff myself, pretty primitive though.

LBP 1.02 patch sorts out dodgy song

It's patch city and LittleBigPlanet's the mayor! After this morning's news of a 1.01 patch, heroic reader Luke informs us that 1.02 is now available.

This one does neuter Tourmani Diabat?'s song "Tapha Niang", silencing the two lyrics borrowed from the Qur'an, putting the game into the state it will presumably be when you all get hold of it in two weeks' time. In actual fact, it removes the entire vocal track, leaving a pleasant instrumental.

There's no word on what else the patch does, but then you won't notice, since the game isn't out yet. Unless you're in the secret club, obviously, in which case you can join us sulking about how the game servers aren't online yet.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=265547

There's no word on what else the patch does, but then you won't notice, since the game isn't out yet. Unless you're in the secret club, obviously, in which case you can join us sulking about how the game servers aren't online yet.

*Sits sulking*

What's all this talk of patch 1.01 etc I've not had any requests for patch downloads when booting up the game.

*Sits sulking*

What's all this talk of patch 1.01 etc I've not had any requests for patch downloads when booting up the game.

Prolly cuz the servers aren't live yet.

:rofl:

I will be trying some of the other levels,

I can see an area i need to get to, just cannot work out how to get there, think it's on the Wedding level with the pink springy platform and 2 items above it and a section to the top right with a sticker placement, skull creature below to the right and spikes above it stopping you bouncing from it.

I notice that you too don't have the trophy for completing all the tutorials, I've used the 'next tutorial' button till it's no longer there and still not got the trophy :s seemed a bit weird.

you can get up there with a lucky bounce from the springy platform, i say lucky because i can never get the timing right for a decent jump on those springy platforms

Done :( nothing with a purple star, even watched all the videos as well :s

i meant a purple question mark, my bad. and just to double check, you've used every gadget in the tools bag so that they dont have that question mark? (buttons, rod, spring, wench, piston, etc...)

you can get up there with a lucky bounce from the springy platform, i say lucky because i can never get the timing right for a decent jump on those springy platforms

Yeah I figured it would need to be lucky, those platforms are annoying when it comes to jumps. Most of the other items in the game you can judge when to jump for extra height, those just seem to have no life in them :(

i meant a purple question mark, my bad. and just to double check, you've used every gadget in the tools bag so that they dont have that question mark? (buttons, rod, spring, wench, piston, etc...)

Yeah everything has gone no question marks in the bottom left corners anymore, guess I will have to manually go through every gadget again and choose the tutorial.