[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

You can't even tell this level is LBP anymore :p

Give it a watch, definitely the most original entry to come out so far!

It's inspired by some game called Gradius I believe.

Source

Okay first off, this is an example of an announcement I think is cool to stand on it's own for a day or two, then I can merge it with the Official Thread. (Y)

Talking at GameCity in Nottingham today, Alex Evans was asked about the lack of image import in LittleBigPlanet.

The news? He confirmed that this was only pulled from the release of the game because of time constraints, and that the image import tool would be released by Christmas.

For those (many) people that were upset to hear that the PlayStation Eye was going to be the only image import option this will indeed be (completely non-religious) music to their ears.

We?ll have more news from GameCity soon, so keep checking back.

I think this is HUGE. Means people creating custom textures, etc, which can indeed help people customize things even more.

Again, I know there is an Official Topic, I will merge it with that thread in a few days when this thread has run it's course, and it will blend right in with the official thread, as when I merge it goes by Topic Date:yes:s:

I played this game for 3 hours on Saturday, and OMG it is so good :D, me and my brother set the first place time for the Mirrors Edge level (2 player), it was a bit hard and required lots of synchronization but we had so much fun!!!!

No ones watched this yet?

Get it done, most original level yet :p

Already posted in the official thread :shiftyninja:

Sorry Larry, I had to :p But does indeed sound promising (Y)

Yup I read this, great news (Y)

Some of the textures captured with the eye are decent, but direct implementation will be much better.

PS. DUPE! :p - https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=590058372 (just kidding ;))

And this proves my, and other members beliefs, that things do definitely get lost in the Official Threads, as I did check it real quick to see and did not see it.

No ones watched this yet?

Get it done, most original level yet :p

yeah i've actually played the level and "broke" it...unless you're supposed to show up in the foreground where the spaceship is, have the ship flying at weird angles, then fall through the ground to the bottom of the stage. :p

Lol, this is good news, I was wondering why this wasn't in there from the beginning.

But I agree with you, news can be posted then eventually merged with the official thread.

while it might be a little extra effort from a mod to have to merge threads every now and then, at least people will see the news properly when it breaks, but it will be cleared away into the Official one so as not to get lots of single news pieces scattered everywhere.

And this proves my, and other members beliefs, that things do definitely get lost in the Official Threads, as I did check it real quick to see and did not see it.

Wouldn't disagree, if you're not constantly reading official topics you're going to miss things.

It's better it's done this way, I just didn't think about it before hand till it was pointed out by you/other members.

Guess it's because I trawl the gaming news sites, end up reading everything :laugh:

Finally my LPB is on it's way. :D

That is pretty awesome, its great to see how versatile it is. :D

Wouldn't disagree, if you're not constantly reading official topics you're going to miss things.

It's better it's done this way, I just didn't think about it before hand till it was pointed out by you/other members.

Guess it's because I trawl the gaming news sites, end up reading everything :laugh:

I'm surprised you have a life outside news sites with all the news you post and topics you start with content.

You must live on the internet, zomg bot! :p

This rumor is false

There are a couple of these rumours flying around today, so to clear things up - image importing is very much technically viable which may have been what Alex is referring to, however there are currently no plans to introduce it for a variety of reasons. Announcements of future content releases, whether free, paid for, feature update, costume, sticker or whatever will always come through the official websites for LittleBigPlanet and Media Molecule, if you hear of updates through any other source please take it with a pinch of salt until it has been confirmed or denied.

Right now there are no plans to introduce image importing to the game, and we'll update if that changes.

Just so you know, its not that I didn't believe you, just that I wanted to read it myself, and figured it would be on a forum by the devs name so wanted to read other possible comments too.

Damn. Oh well, gonna merge this non news with that Official Thread now then since it is not for real.

Gutted :(

I think the fact Alex mentioned it, it will probably be on the way.

Damage control from Sony just now no doubt, so PS Eye sales don't go down :laugh: