2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Sanya Richards loses in 400 final and Lolo Jones gets her foot stuck on a hurdle and finishes second-to-last.

These are not a good games for Amerians :(

I can't believe Nastia Liukin tied and got silver on the uneven bars. Lame.

yeah, I would like to see how that tiebreak rule works.

yeah, I would like to see how that tiebreak rule works.

I saw a replay online and the way they did it was they take the difficulty into effect first. They bother were 7.7 for difficulty so it was still a tie. Then the take out the highest and lowest score from the judges. Even with that taken out, they were still tied. Then they take out either the highest or lowest score of whats left. In the end. The Chinese had a 9.1, 9.1, 9.0 while Liukin had a 9.0, 9.0, and 9.1 giving here the lower score of the average.

Apparently this rule is set it place way beforehand, and is automatically done by a computer software when the judges enter their score.

What a ripoff, Liukin had less deductions apparently but still lost.

I saw a replay online and the way they did it was they take the difficulty into effect first. They bother were 7.7 for difficulty so it was still a tie. Then the take out the highest and lowest score from the judges. Even with that taken out, they were still tied. Then they take out either the highest or lowest score of whats left. In the end. The Chinese had a 9.1, 9.1, 9.0 while Liukin had a 9.0, 9.0, and 9.1 giving here the lower score of the average.

Apparently this rule is set it place way beforehand, and is automatically done by a computer software when the judges enter their score.

What a ripoff, Liukin had less deductions apparently but still lost.

Here is what is says on NBCOlympics.com

Here, the average of those three judges' deductions for He: .933. For Liukin: .966.

Liukin had a greater deduction. Thus she was second.

Another way of getting to that math: Take the B scores of the three judges from that second tie-break, add them together and divide by three.

The math for He: 9.1, 9.1, 9.0. That equals 27.2. Divide that by three, and that equals 9.066, the sixes stretching out to infinity.

For Liukin: 9.1, 9.0, 9.0. That equals 27.1. Divide that by three and it's 9.0333, the threes going out forever.

Thus she was second.

It was close. To me Nastia was better.

she is 16 ;) STAY AWAY :p

Her smile just has a MAJOR effect on people.

Besides, she isn't cute like Hot, for me. I just think she is cute like a little Bunny.

Edited by JediXAngel

Actually you're wrong. I'm pretty sure he/she was talking about this:

08/18 19:00PM

USA CHN Men's Preliminaries - Game 20

United States vs China (9-1)

http://www.nbcolympics.com/baseball/news/n...five+times+wins

well that would make sense, because on 08/19, today, they played japan.

China's baseball team should be kicked out of the olympics for what they did today, thats a ****ing disgrace.

Here is what is says on NBCOlympics.com

It was close. To me Nastia was better.

She was clearly better.

I thought she took it quite well for a gold medal to practically be stolen away from her, and in my mind it was unjust.

I was bored today and decided to Wiki the Argentina and Brazil national football teams.

I found something weird, how come Messi is not mentioned on the current list. Although it is the list for who they play with vs Belarus(Soon) it still doesn't make sense. I know that the Olympic play is U-23 with 3 exceptions to the age rule but Messi plays on the senior national team. He should be listed :p.

Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_nat...l_football_team

Oh well I was just wondering. Did any one see how ADIDAS had to remove the 3 lines from various kits based on the IOC logo rules. Pretty funny :rofl:.

PS- They should have brought Tevez to the Olympics, I'm sure Sir Alex would of been happy about that ^_^.

Someone explain the issue of the Chinese gymnast's age. Is it mandatory to be 16 to compete? Because Romania's Gabriela Dragoi is clearly 15 with a birthday of 8/28/1992. Why is this not an issue?

She was clearly better.

I thought she took it quite well for a gold medal to practically be stolen away from her, and in my mind it was unjust.

It definitely was a ripoff. You can tell from the videos she was on the verge of tears, looking away from the camera, and whatnot. I'd love to hear what she has to say about it. Of course being a professional, she'll probably congratulate her competitors, work harder next time, and never give up.

Her smile just has a MAJOR effect on people.

Besides, she isn't cute like Hot, for me. I just think she is cute like a little Bunny.

:shiftyninja:

Cant wait for todays basketballl match China vs Lithuania. Its obvious who will win ;)

yep, pretty amazing game. was a bit boring at the end when the winner was obvious. chinese had such dissapoiting looks :(

Captain of the chinese team was good too.

lithuanians missed too many three-pointers.

the next team well face is Spain...and that's going to be a hard game to win :( at the worst we will win bronze :D

USA got robbed of another medal in gymnastics. The mens high bar routine done by the American was clearly better then the Chinese. In fact, after they put up the scores the CHINESE crowd actually booed the judges for not giving him a better score than their countrymen. I still think there is definitely some judging bias to the host nation.

Usain Bolt breaks the 200 meter sprint world record and takes gold.

He's in a league of his own..... leaving the other runners by lengths.....like car lengths behind.... LOL power.