Why superheroes all wear tights and reverse undies

Think about it. Why do many superheroes wear these tight revealing clothes and undies over their suits?

There's Batman

adam20west20and20burt20dx2.jpg

Superman

superman23306narrowweb3my4.jpg

Cyclops and a bunch of other X-Men

cyclopskg2.jpg

And don't forget Captain Planet

screensfeature39345ob4.jpg

And I'm sure you could go on here.

Probably a comfort thing? Or is it a bullet-proof groinvest? I'm confused :blink:

Aerodynamics.

Imagine driving on the highway at 180 mph and you open the window. What happens? Air starts going through your t-shirt, shirt or whatever and gets in the way sometimes. Other times it feels good :)

So, if a superhero were to travel to distance A to B, he or she would want something air resistance.

Watch the movie The Incredibles. They go over this question.

For one, they wear tights for the same reason acrobats, bicyclists, swimmers, and dancers wear tights. I'd guess the underwear is to make it look better.

Personally I think the bat armor looks a lot dorkier than tights, it looks really clumsy with batman wearing it. At least its better than it used to be, with bat nipples.

For sure the underwear is a looks thing only. I fail to see how that would increase your aerodynamism :rofl:

Besides, the bad guys can grab your underwear and give you a wedgie, so isn't it better to have a full 1 piece suit that can't be grabbed onto. If I was Batman, I'd watch out for Robin and his wedgies lovin behaviours.

:)

For sure the underwear is a looks thing only. I fail to see how that would increase your aerodynamism :rofl:

You wouldn't want your wang dangling around when you're fighting. So, the superheroes use double protection to keep it secure. :D

Edited by NeptuneSaK

You wouldn't want your wang dangling around when you're fighting. So, the superheroes use double protection to keep it secure. :D

:laugh: nice one!