Are there jobs that people can work only on weekends?

To pay off my debt, I need to get a second job. I was thinking of publix supermarket. A friend told me he gets pay well while working only on weekend job. Are there other jobs that can let people work only on weekends?

There are plenty of jobs you can do on the weekends, mostly retail. Think of any store that is open on weekends, their regulars work the weekdays and they leave the weekends for part-timers, or usually students. This is the only thing I can think of, as offices aren't open on weekends so that rules out office jobs.

I worked in Tech Support as a student. Was open on weekends and had flexible scheduling. Now that I'm finished school, I'm starting a professional job soon but I might have to consider working part time as well. I'd personally avoid retail if you haven't worked there before. You'll see wierdos you never thought existed in your city and you're constantly restocking stuff because they want you to look busy.

No they are horrible. Horrible pay, usually unions + union fees and boring as hell.

I'd actually consider retail. I'm working at a running store this summer (road runner sports) and although it has it's downs, its not that bad. $10/hr + commissions for part time.

Most retail jobs pay around $8-10/hr

don't even consider the movie theater.

Worst job ever

No they are horrible. Horrible pay, usually unions + union fees and boring as hell.

I'd actually consider retail. I'm working at a running store this summer (road runner sports) and although it has it's downs, its not that bad. $10/hr + commissions for part time.

Most retail jobs pay around $8-10/hr

don't even consider the movie theater.

Worst job ever

Quoting hourly rates isn't a good idea since it varies so much by region.

That said, Costco pays pretty well everywhere for being a retailer/wholesaler.

Nope, not really - it's like donating blood. If you are dehydrated you could faint if they take too much plasma, but it's not inherently dangerous at all.

If you have small veins, maybe donating isn't a good idea for you - was just a thought, anyhow.

If you're only working your second job on the weekends, a grocery store may not be a bad option, so long as you do not work as a cashier or a customer service clerk. Seriously, those jobs will drive you insane, even if you're only working sixteen hours a week. I worked as a Deli Clerk for a few months, and it was actually a pretty easy and laid back job. The guys in the Bakery didn't seem especially stressed either. As a temporary means of paying off debt, it may not be completely maddening.

Good Luck.