kazaa

i have heard that there is kazaa for mac's but i can't find it anywhere so i have hoping u guys might be able to help and tell me if there is kazaa for mac and where i download it......

thankx....

There isn't an actual Kazaa client for OS X, but their is a clone-type called Neo. You basically scan a range of IP's for Kazaa users and it then indexes their files. Three disadvantages: 1)It takes quite a long time to build up a good, reliable database, but once you do it's not that bad. 2) It only works with people using Kazaa 1.7.x (Not quite sure) and below since version 2.x encodes the protocol so it's harder to communicate and index those users. 3) Searches can take a while if you have a good sized database, and Neo hogs most of your CPU while it's searching. Above all, I'd say stick with something more OS X Native like Limewire or Aquisition (which also searches Limewire's nodes.) Or you could always get yourself a copy of VirtualPC and throw Win2k/Kazaa in it.

Edited by brn2prgrm

what about looking at edonkey or emule or other types besides kazaa it seems to be more trash than anything these days on kazaa .

I use edonkey and mirc now :-)

i dunno how to use mirc but i wouldnt mind getting into it since everyone is on it, so its kinda like the c0o thing to be on mirc i guess :p .

heh "mirc" mirc is a client for a thing known as Internet Relay Chat which has been around a lot longer than mIRC. i think it's funny when people refer to IRC as mIRC.

and please look at what forum you're posting in before you make a post, you would notice this is a Macintosh forum.

Agree on the mIRC thing. I bite my tounge every time someone in my class asks me why connecting to a "mirc server" doesn't work at school (they barely know what ports or firewalls are either :p) :)