Google Chrome Browser

the webkit in use is old, until they merge with webkit development, we can use nightly builds of webkit.

This is also a preview version, it is missing a ton of features all the competitors already have built into there browser.

(My) 1st post from Chrome!

For posterity, it was post #34,889.

Umm. It seems slow.

It seems slow on some sites for me too, but there's some sites I go to and it flies like no one's business.

Looks very nice, I lvoe the minimal design, it took tie to load Neowin at first but is running nice and fast now.

Its a very nice browser for a google "beta".

But for now I think I'll stick with Firefox, but in time as it improves I can see me using it as my main browser.

It is pretty fast for me, and I love the way in-page search works. I just miss a lot of extensions like my mouse gestures and addblock+, but otherwise I'm very impressed!

This is also a preview version, it is missing a ton of features all the competitors already have built into there browser.

yup, that's why I called a piece of **** browser.

Why did I get a localised version? My windows is in english, I downloaded it from the english website, always use google.com US and my gmail is also in english as well. I may be in spain and speak spanish and everything but come on !!!! it could have asked me!

It seems slow on some sites for me too, but there's some sites I go to and it flies like no one's business.

Yeah twitter is immense and gmail is like....amazing!

Hm, after restarting my internet connection it works at least the as fast as firefox (in terms of page loading)...

Anyway, I'm wondering why the hell does it install to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\ and not to Program Files like any normal app...

Super fast for me, even on Neowin which I was having problems with earlier. Having no smooth scolling though is really upsetting just simply because I'm so accustomed to it.

It's great that it's so minimal but I'm truly disliking the blue. It's a silly complaint I'm sure, but with other things I use it just stands out like a freakin sore thumb and makes it very noticeable that I'm playing on the internet.

I also can't find a way to clean my history out when I close the browser...while I haven't tested it to see if it's automatic, it IS very important for me since I'm browsing at work most of the time. Well okay, I take that back, I did just find how to clear it when I want to..but not automatically upon shutting the program down.

Finding almost all other sites really fast but Neowin REALLY crawls on Chrome for some reason! Weird!

yup, that's why I called a piece of **** browser.

Every browser starts out as an infant and grows up.

This is a very nice move to put pressure on IE.

They are going to have to step up IE 8 and then 9 development when all the other 3 browsers on the net will fully support Acid 3 by next year in shipping versions, while promoting open standards.

Why did I get a localised version? My windows is in english, I downloaded it from the english website, always use google.com US and my gmail is also in english as well. I may be in spain and speak spanish and everything but come on !!!! it could have asked me!

Yes, I received a Canadian English version without asking for it either. It must use geo-location from your download location.

Flavour, colour test. Fail!

Nope, the dictionaries are American but it does give my Canadian search engines (i.e. Sympatico).

The only thing I'm missing now are some of the extensions I use on FF.

Any idea if there's going to be anything similar for chrome? I can't find anything in menus suggesting so.

It's like being on IE, Firefox and safari at the same time.

It has the engine that safari uses. A LOT of things feel very firefoxy (the omnibar is some sort of awesome bar but not quite) and it also has some IE things as well (like the stop button being where it is), and the "page" menu exactly like IE.

Wow, it's so fast! Much faster than FF3 and Safari, but slower than Opera. Performs amazing, three tabs open, yet only 16MB of RAM and 21MB virtual memory. I don't think any browser can compare with the memory performance.