Google Chrome Browser

Any way to slow down the scrolling speed? It's way too fast. One click of my mouse wheel or one little "movement" on the scroll area of my laptop's pad scrolls like half a page :huh:

anyone else have the annoying issue where when pressing Alt-D to place the cursor on the address bar, it makes the annoying Windows error "dunnk" beep everytime?

I use F6 :)

Care to elaborate? (the graphics layer part)

Compared to the OS X/Windows, GTK and Qt ports, Chrome has a few graphics bugs and rendering differences it (ideally) shouldn't have.

border-radius corners are un-anti-aliased (they are in the Cairo and CoreGraphics ports), text-shadow is non-existent (it's in the Cairo and CoreGraphics ports) and border-radius and box-shadow gives you black filled areas there the border is rounded (So instead of being transparent, it has a purely back square background)

The other ports never did these things (even the Windows port that used Cairo), Google seemed to have started from scratch and made a port with graphics bugs (border-radius rendering is on-par with FX2).

I really like some little things of the UI, like the pop-up status bar (which I think is similar to the QtWebKit launcher?), download status bar, pop-up bar, and how the "show bookmark bar" makes the bookmark bar stick/un-stick from the top of the new tab page to the bottom of the address bar ;)

However I'm not sure how the Tab key auto-complete for searching in the comics works here. For example, I don't know how to make Chrome to "capture the search boxes" of wikipedia or amazon, to later use them with a simple "w" or "a" + "Tab"? :confused:

The more browsers that use webkit the better. Its a shame safari is utter crap in windows, this should be quite a nice alternative... can't wait!

It does not matter what OS Safari is on it is utter crap on any OS. IE7 is the only thing my IMac is missing as it is I have to Firefox witch I personally can't stand but its better than Safari at least. As far as Chrome it does crash nice since that is all it has done so far on XP and Vista before Neowin even loads fully.

Care to elaborate? (the graphics layer part)

Pictures are worth 1,000 words.

Firefox 3.1:

post-17647-1220425654.png

Chrome:

post-17647-1220425670.png

Edit: and SVG rendering has bugs, at least it's anti-aliased though.

Try this for a memory comparison, open IE or Firefox and load a few tabs.

Open Chrome and load the same tabs, then type about:memory in the address bar. You will see a comparison of RAM usage for Chrome and the other browser.

about:plugins and about:cache also work in Chrome, but I have yet to find a similar command for about:config.

another little thing, when you close the last tab, it doesn't show a blank page, nor the new tab page, but the whole browser quits!

guess they are really sticking to the browser based on tabs thing, you close the last tab, you close the browser.

To make Chrome crash, just type in blabla:% in your address bar.

Works when you click on a link to it or even hover over it.

Can't post it here as the forum software adds http:// to the URL

It seems Chrome did not patch an old bug in Safari :

http://cyberinsecure.com/carpet-bombing-vu...me-new-browser/

but then reading through it, it seems to be that famous carpet bombing vulnerability, which can be avoided by ticking the "prompt every time before download" checkbox in the settings? :huh:

sry if this is a stupid question but is it safe to do online banking with it?

personally, I'd not do that with some beta software.

RUBBISH installer, alot of the time it doesnt run, the times it does run i get the following error, my internet connection is fine with nothing uploading and downloading and zonealarm disabled:

10rll02.jpg

I'm using XP Pro SP3 and all other browsers are closed.