Google Chrome Browser

tried the offline installer, crashed on importing firefox settings, worked 2nd time tho, i sent bug report of course.

Cant believe google didnt release an offline installer, pretty crazy!

haha i tryed the blabla:% thing, i thought each tab was meant to be separate so it wouldn't crash the whole browser...?

anyway, not a bad browser, fast, displays all websites i need. ONly things i need now are;

SKINS! something other than this boring blue!

online fav's like google sync (co-incidence that they stop developing for it?)

and add block

Edit - i seem to be having problems with flash, but only from neowin, no other sites...

well. it is a web browser you are supposed to have some kind of internet connection to use it.

you obviously didnt read my post:

"my internet connection is fine with nothing uploading and downloading and zonealarm disabled"

you obviously didnt read my post:

"my internet connection is fine with nothing uploading and downloading and zonealarm disabled"

Sorry didn't see the post above your last one.

When I installed I got a message from windows firewall asking for permission. I installed it on 3 computers already with no trouble. 2 on windows vista and 1 on xp sp3.

Does your ISP work through a proxy only?

Apologies if this has already been pointed out. When you search a page for a word, it highlights where the results are over in the scrollbar area.

Nice! :) I love the search! and you notice the message box (where you typing it) every box allow you resize it from bottom right corner with "//" there, drag it. I think its from Chrome.

Apologies if this has already been pointed out. When you search a page for a word, it highlights where the results are over in the scrollbar area.

I kinda wished the highlights can be shown floating over the scrollbar instead of under it. that'd be more helpful IMHO.

To make Chrome crash, just type in blabla:% in your address bar.

Works when you click on a link to it or even hover over it.

Can't post it here as the forum software adds http:// to the URL

Love the crash

"Whoa! Google Chrome has crashed. Restart now?" :D

Did you guys know it has a real time HTML editor built in ?

chrome_editor.jpg

Web designers are going to love this, being able to play with website styles inline and all.

When the site loads, the images fade in, until they're fully opaque they render with 1bit alpha.

Beta

If this was the very first release of the engine, it'd be an acceptable answer, but this stuff worked fine in earlier releases, so these are broken/regressions.

Chrome also mis-renders PNG files if you apply opacity:; to them, why does it have these strange regressions.

Firefox:

post-17647-1220442537.png

Chrome:

post-17647-1220442542.png

Edit: http://www.komodomedia.com/ shows it off pretty good.

Edit: It's using the Skia graphics library/engine, http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-...The-WebKit-port

No such prob on my side.. PNG's look crisp and well defined

Edited by Kralik

That site you linked to, which you said was messed up, seems to be all fine on my end as well.

On a side note, I'm very much liking Chrome so far. It's quick, not a system hog, and I still get my beloved bookmark toolbar :)

Did you guys know it has a real time HTML editor built in ?

chrome_editor.jpg

Web designers are going to love this, being able to play with website styles inline and all.

I haven't tried the browser yet, since I am waiting till I get home to test it, but can you edit the javascript in real time too? Because I smell exploits all over the place here lol. But I guess what you can do with the Chrome real time, you could do with IE and firefox, just not in real time.

Seems to be a hidden Stats page just type about:stats

its not hidden, its actually in the options somewhere( don't ask where as im at work so i cant tell you lol). its posted under 'stats for nerds' ;)

Edited by Mikeparkie