[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Been playing this on my HP Entertainment laptop. It only has integrated graphics so I have to play the game on the lowest graphic settings and resolution to get a reasonable FPS but I love it to pieces (the game...not the laptop). Fantastic stuff, I only wish it didn't end how it did. I wanted to keep playing.

By the way, check out this: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=894097 for all the unique weapons and where to find them :) There's some really cool ones.

I'm not even sure how to describe this one. I was looking for bobble heads because they are such a bonus and found a goldmine as well.

If anybody has been to Vault 112 (under that gas station) go directly east to a factory looking place. Not only does it house one of those super huge 3 stories tall giant but inside it has great loot. If you go to the very bottom of the place (way underground) you will find a merchant of sorts. He has a lot of good stuff you can loot from his store without him caring but the real treasure is on him. Kill him to get at least 1000 caps, his key and his "Terrible" combat shotgun which does 62 damage! Use his key to get into his locker near one of the walls to get weapons like the Fat Man, several Missile launchers, etc.

Now that you are over encumbered by 100's of weight (I was at 502 of 262 :p) go to the back right of his little shop. Behind the repair bench is a merchant bobble head! So even though I was over encumbered, I walked all the way out of that place and back to Megaton if you can believe it (took about 15 minutes). It was so worth it though because I sold everything (even repaired a bunch of stuff) and made around 3500+ profit not counting that 1000 caps I stole from the merchant.

Definitely an awesome little side mission (not even a quest). For the main quest I'm only on that one after the 112 Vault simulator

but I'm looking for more bobble heads before I do anything else. Once again, I love this game!

you guys all on buffout or something? take it easy. my comments are typically tongue in cheek. spoil it all you want.

haha, I loled :rofl:

Ones that I don't use are the minigun (not enough damage and too heavy)

Mini Gun + Friendlies + VATS + Headshot targetting + close range + Bloody Mess Perk = Reason for the minigun.

Mini Gun + Friendlies + VATS + Headshot targetting + close range + Bloody Mess Perk = Reason for the minigun.

Take out the Minigun, add the Combat Shotgun, even better.

Take out the Minigun, add the Combat Shotgun, even better.

Exactly. I can't stand the minigun for its weight, how fast you go through ammo, and how surprisingly little damage it does sometimes.

I find the gattling lasers damage is like that too...

The beam visually hit the head but did Fack all damage, was spraying for a good while before the super mutie i was shooting dropped.

thanks matrix, i aim to please!

i have an issue with the ending. no spoilers, but mechanically, how could they screw it up so bad? Oblivion was perfect, letting you roam free after the campaign with all the benefits of being a hero, but here...for those who don't know, the game ends once you finish the last campaign quest. that's it, the end. i mean what were they thinking? the person who made that decision needs to have their head examined, because all they did is make sure you put off the final story part to rack up clock time. cheap.

haha np

I'm really glad you can warp in this game, otherwise it would be so tedious :|

I wonder if some people didn't notice the quick travel lol

thanks matrix, i aim to please!

i have an issue with the ending. no spoilers, but mechanically, how could they screw it up so bad? Oblivion was perfect, letting you roam free after the campaign with all the benefits of being a hero, but here...for those who don't know, the game ends once you finish the last campaign quest. that's it, the end. i mean what were they thinking? the person who made that decision needs to have their head examined, because all they did is make sure you put off the final story part to rack up clock time. cheap.

There wouldnt be a point if you used the Presidents Vial... you know why :p

But if you dont the only way to do so is by artfully dodging the grim reaper...

Which isnt the good way for the story to end.. hence the narrative..

Its annoying but well... I can deal with it and go for a second playthrough as evil this time..

there are multiple eventualities that could have made it possible for you to continue playing after the campaign ended. i don't know what they achieved by doing it this way, i can't think of any benefit when compared to their smart design for Oblivion.

Gonna start playing this again soon.

I started a character and leveled him pretty imbalanced and the game starting sucking a bit for me.

Starting from the beginning again :)

I now have the guidebook.

Gonna start playing this again soon.

I started a character and leveled him pretty imbalanced and the game starting sucking a bit for me.

Starting from the beginning again :)

I now have the guidebook.

I was going to get it, but a bit too expensive for just a guide.

I just got this and have been playing it for awhile and I have to say I am very impressed with it, it has been one of the few games that have come out recently that has kept my attention for more then a few plays. Its like Oblivion with guns and I loved Oblivion except for its leveling system where everything levels around you, that's why I prefer this it levels more like Morrowind.

is that the place where the ant chick is ?

also i need to know can i have 2 saved files for 2 different main guys i want to make one that all stealth and hand weapons ( knifes ) but do want to loose what i have done with my first

That is what I intended to do from the beginning because I don't want to end the game prematurely.

Heh, I wanted to finish the main quest quickly but I found at the end that it, well, ends, so luckily I had a rather close save to that and now I've done pretty much every side quest I can find. And yeah, Canterbury Commons is where the ant chick is.

That quest confused me slightly -- I went to the Mechanist first, and decided to see if I could talk him out of it. He told me to kill the AntAgoniser, so I went to her lair, and did so (she attacked me first and I had really no choice...no way to talk her out of it). I went back to the Mechanist and gave him her armour...and got bad Karma. I wasn't too pleased about that, so reloaded and then killed the Mechanist...finishing the quest and earning GOOD Karma. Ah well.

Thanks Sam, I didn't read the spoilers but I think I might hold off on that quest as well. I forgot that I am right in the middle of some fire breathing ant quest I just randomly found while walking around Arlington.