[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Reached level 20 about an hour ago,going around exploring and working on getting all sidequests done. The game feels a bit shorter than Oblivion..(durr world isnt really as big).

It was a bit boring in the beginning...Buut as soon as I started to shoot peoples head of (MWAUUAAUHUHA) it was fun all of a sudden.

Blackhawk is a <3 Gun. Dayum its nice.

Game started of bad, but has turned out really nice. I kinda like the storyline...

Should your (female) character have the Black Widow Perk, you can convince him to fetch the Nuka-Cola Quantums for you with the promise of a threesome with yourself and Sierra. Excited, Ronald will run off to the distant Nuka-Cola Plant, resulting in his death(script effect). <- I laughed when I did that...mwuahauuhauhauhauh

Yeah, you kind have to get into it a little bit. I felt it was shorter than Oblivion too, although I had no where near as much fun playing Oblivion than I did Fallout 3.

I liked the post-apocalyptic world it sets you into.

Yeah it's shorter but better scripted and the like IMHO and overall more engaging. I felt quests were a bit more open ended in how you go about completing them. The environments a bit more interesting too.

Oblivions main quest was boring :/ Side quests however were quite good! And there were much more than in FO3

Yeah Oblivions main quest was just a drag, especially the parts that actually took place in the Oblivion world.

Anyway there are more quest in Oblivion but for the most part I don't think they are that dynamic. Most were just do this and get that and you had no real option to effect the outcome based on my memory anyway. Fallout has dozens of smaller more obscure "quests" which won't necessarily show up in your log but will see you getting rewarded. I think you need to do one to allow you to find and kill the last Super Mutant Mammoth for instance.

But yeah, the quest are often harder to find and may have you receive an entry in your "notes" as opposed to the quest section and thus you don't get the pointers ect which makes them not only harder to find but also to follow.

Oblivions main quest was boring :/ Side quests however were quite good! And there were much more than in FO3

I have completed oblivion main quest 3-4 times & still it doesn't bored me. :p

But right now i am in no mood of replaying Fallout 3 main quest. :o :p

Anyway everyone has his/her own opinion. :p

• Like 2

Finished Fallout 3 just now. Took nearly 18 hrs. Practically has lots of elements of Oblivion. But nevertheless an enjoyable game and highly immersive combat system.

I got Fawkes as a follower today. It didn't take anywhere near as long to raise my Karma as it should have done: all I did was go my room at (the now deserted) Tenpenny Tower and get that robot to make some Purified Water, gave it all to the dying guy at Rivet City (I killed the first one that appeared outside the Tower), did the quest for the Temple of the Union, sold 25 or so Fingers to the Regulator, repeated the Purified Water thing and then my Karma was high enough. Which is just as well, because Charon kept getting killed by fighting Deathclaws and I couldn't be arsed to load an old save for the 20th time.

^Fawkes is almost invulnerable. The only time i saw her dead when i was doing Oasis's quest. :p

I second that. She took on three giant scorpions and finished them all pretty quickly while I sat and watched. :p

Who cares about followers when you have a plasma rifle with a value of 1704 and tesla armour.

I had it where if I took mentats my energy weapons score would be 100 (Y)

I was never able to get any followers due to my karma level :p

that exactly what happen to me ether too high or too low(i dotonated megaton i became too evill miahahahhaha !) lol

Who cares about followers when you have a plasma rifle with a value of 1704 and tesla armour.

I had it where if I took mentats my energy weapons score would be 100 thumbs_up.gif

wtf :blink: i have i think it only worth 300-400$ in pretty good condition :$

Not how much money it's worth, but the value of it in your pipboy. I think it would sell for over 700, I haven't played Fallout in a while because I beat it and was upset to find out the DLC isn't coming out for the PS3 :(

I have Charon, great fighter but he has no past or interesting coversations or quests.

Since I have reached lvl 20 I've been trying to make the game more interesting for me by setting some limits:

1.- I carry just one gun (Lincoln's Repeater).

2.- All my money come from light or weightless items, like ammo, chems, pre-war books, scraps of metal and bloodpacks.

3.- I always try to kill each enemy with two bullets or less to conserve ammo (Having Charon helped me a lot with this).

4.- I dont eat or drink. My health comes from stimpacks or sleeping.

Once I start the game again I will try to simulate a true survival experience (steal, dont buy a house, use just one handed guns, dubbious morality, dont use power armor). The game has many possibilities.

That's a good way to play the game Sanctified.

How many stimpacks did you have at the end of the game? I was able to rack up 124 lol

I loved stocking up on stimpacks for some reason.