[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Alright after reading most of this thread Im gonna go ahead and buy it. It feels wrong to pirate this game.

you pretty much can't go wrong there (Y)

I found out that the display settings that the game recommends for you can be a little off. It recommended low for me but I instead chose Ultra and max resolution and the game plays smooth and beautifully. I spent about 3 hours alone talking to everyone in megaton trying to find quests, get any town info and all that.

What difficulty level you guys playing at?

I found out that the display settings that the game recommends for you can be a little off. It recommended low for me but I instead chose Ultra and max resolution and the game plays smooth and beautifully. I spent about 3 hours alone talking to everyone in megaton trying to find quests, get any town info and all that.

What difficulty level you guys playing at?

Yes, I was so glad when I heard reports about that. Instead of having to shoot lower, you can actually up the settings. I just did this for my friend tonight after we installed a new video card driver.

Loving the game thus far. Got to level 3, completed Crater Side Supply Survival Guide chapter 1. The food mart quest was tricky, all the raiders came out and attacked me, had like 8 on me at once. :p I also learned was encumbered means.

I still dont fully understand the repair system though, can anyone explain it?

Loving the game thus far. Got to level 3, completed Crater Side Supply Survival Guide chapter 1. The food mart quest was tricky, all the raiders came out and attacked me, had like 8 on me at once. :p I also learned was encumbered means.

I still dont fully understand the repair system though, can anyone explain it?

So, every item that you can equip has a durability rating, 0% to 100%, 0% being broken and totally useless. With the repair skill, you can take another copy of the same item and use that to repair the original (typically you'd use an item with less durability to repair an item with more durability. The higher your repair skill, the more you can repair an item, up to your repair skill level. If you've got a repair skill of 50, the maximum durability you can repair anything to is 50%.

So, every item that you can equip has a durability rating, 0% to 100%, 0% being broken and totally useless. With the repair skill, you can take another copy of the same item and use that to repair the original (typically you'd use an item with less durability to repair an item with more durability. The higher your repair skill, the more you can repair an item, up to your repair skill level. If you've got a repair skill of 50, the maximum durability you can repair anything to is 50%.

So how exactly do you do that? I went the whole game having to repair with Moira in Megaton. :p

Can somebody help me get to the White House? I also need to get to the National Guard Armory as well (for the small guns bobble head). It's going to end up I'll have every bobble head but the energy weapons one (I missed it in the Enclave).

Actually from what I seen you just need a similar item, not the same item.

thanks for the replay .

on the sidenote i found this , might be useful

Initial Level: Starting Repair skill is equal to 2 + (2 x Intelligence) + Luck/2 (rounded up). Average starting characters (Int 6, Lck 5) will have a Repair skill of 17%.

Repair can be used to fix damaged equipment, this is done by having 2 of the same armor or weapon, the user sacrifices parts from one item to bring up the condition of the other. Repair is also the skill used to make Custom equipment.

As the Repair skill improves two noticeable effects occur. First, the condition of the equipment can be brought up to the Repair skill - a 70 Repair skill allows items to be repaired up to 70%. The second benefit is that repairs become more efficient. This has a dramatic effect later in the game, as some weapons can more than double in damage when repaired to maximum condition. In other words...

• Damage will increase as the repair state increases. Higher repair doesn't increase damage by itself, but it allows you to more fully-repair weapons, and that is what increases their damage.
  • The higher your repair skill, the more repair bang you'll get from the items you use as spare parts. For example, you have one Minigun at 60% and you have another Minigun that's at 10%. With a low Repair skill, you might get a 5% improvement out of the 10% Minigun. With high Repair, that 10% Minigun will yield a 15%-20% improvement.

It is useful to get this skill to at least 50, making it capable of replacing some of the early repair merchants for common weapons.

Repair is also used to disarm traps (not mines).

In addition to assigning Skill Points at Level up, Repair can be permanently raised by taking the Gun Nut Perk, finding the Repair bobblehead (behind an Average lock in Evan King's house in Arefu), or reading Dean's Electronics. Repair can be temporarily raised by wearing a Vault 101 Utility Jumpsuit (+5) or by taking Mentats (only works if Intelligence is not already at 10).

Notes

A high Repair skill may also allow the character to earn more money for weapons and armor while concurrently decreasing the carried weight of items. Utilizing a high repair skill, two items in poor condition can be combined to a weapon of greater value than the separate components. This can also allow the character to make money simply by purchasing items of poor condition in a store and selling them back after repair. To do so, the character will need both high barter and repair skills.

It seems like when you try to repair a weapon with another one which is already at 100% durability, the game doesn't allow that. Message in the Pip-Boy says: "Cannot repar past 100%". Should be considered a bug.

credit

Indeed repair is probably the best skill you can have in the game, specialy since no NPC has a 100 skill for you to repair.

I just took a look at some of the addons available for the game. One addon that is disturbing to me is one that adds exotic dancers to the game and the ability to pretty much see every person in the game nude.

I just took a look at some of the addons available for the game. One addon that is disturbing to me is one that adds exotic dancers to the game and the ability to pretty much see every person in the game nude.

Not seen this before but makes sense, found some empty poles with caps lying on the ground :( What a waste of poles caps

More disturbing than GTA SA hot coffee mod? :o

:p

• Like 2

Nude? They have underwear/bras on when you take off their armor...

One addon that is disturbing to me is one that adds exotic dancers to the game and the ability to pretty much see every person in the game nude.

You do not want to meet GTA IVs exotic dancers... :whistle:

Yeah, don't let any NPC repair your stuff, unless your intelligence is at 1 :rofl:

apart from the top power armour which I've read you can't repair yourself.