[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

I went through 90% of the game before working out how repairing worked. I tended to not have enough room to carry duplicate guns so I never had the option and didn't bother looking it up since it was usually ammo which I was low on for my rifles as opposed to guns which I could swap every few battles.

Wow I did not know that, must've missed it telling me that in the game :s

I don't think the game does tell you, I just found out because I went to repair a pistol, and already had 3 of them so they all appeared under repair.

I don't think the game does tell you, I just found out because I went to repair a pistol, and already had 3 of them so they all appeared under repair.

That's pretty odd because it explains to you about the other aspects such as hacking etc so I wonder why they left repair out unless I did miss outon the info.

apart from the top power armour which I've read you can't repair yourself.

The Tesla armour? You can repair it, at least I can with 100% skill.

there are nude skins available on the internet.

Which are available for a majority of games out there if you are apparently into that sort of thing...

I went through 90% of the game before working out how repairing worked. I tended to not have enough room to carry duplicate guns so I never had the option and didn't bother looking it up since it was usually ammo which I was low on for my rifles as opposed to guns which I could swap every few battles.

Whew, another that didn't get the reapir prompt. I really don't feel so bad now.

I just felt like there could have been something more that told you. Yes at times I would have multiples of a weapon but its not like I really clicked through it, I would just go to a merchant and sell the duplicates for extra caps.

Which are available for a majority of games out there if you are apparently into that sort of thing...

Then why so surprised ?

Quote - (Adamb10 @ Jan 1 2009, 18:46) *

I just took a look at some of the addons available for the game. One addon that is disturbing to me is one that adds exotic dancers to the game and the ability to pretty much see every person in the game nude.

- Nude? They have underwear/bras on when you take off their armor...

Then why so surprised ?

Quote - (Adamb10 @ Jan 1 2009, 18:46) *

I just took a look at some of the addons available for the game. One addon that is disturbing to me is one that adds exotic dancers to the game and the ability to pretty much see every person in the game nude.

- Nude? They have underwear/bras on when you take off their armor...

I'm surprised because he is making a big deal out of normal user created content. Not sure what your getting at... :unsure:

The Tesla armour? You can repair it, at least I can with 100% skill.

no the T-51b Power Armor. Theres one set that you can get as part of a quest.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_armor_and_clothing (spoilers on this site given it's a game guide)

I heard on a forum some people reckon one of the expansions will have some additional power armour suits which may allow you to use them to repair the T-51B set.

no the T-51b Power Armor. Theres one set that you can get as part of a quest.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_armor_and_clothing (spoilers on this site given it's a game guide)

I heard on a forum some people reckon one of the expansions will have some additional power armour suits which may allow you to use them to repair the T-51B set.

Oh but it can be repaired, its just that there is no other armour like that for spare parts. If you summon another T-51B via console (On the PC) you can use that to repair the original one. What I did is just use the Tesla armor (That I like better anyway) and give the T-51B to Charon since armors and weapons dont wear out when used by a companion.

Yeah i think you can repair it to about 80% or so at some of the better repairers. As I mentioned, some people believe there will be some armour that you can use for spare parts in the DLC. You could also just use the console too I guess.

Well looking to play a little bit tonight. I haven't been able to get on ever since I learned about this whole repairing business. :p

For instance if I wanted to repair my "Terrible Shotgun" all I need to do is find a couple generic shotguns to repair it past 50? Moira in Megaton is going to be getting a lot less business from me.

Did anybody happen to see my question about a page back about getting to the national guards armory?

check out this site, it seemed rather useful for when I needed to find something: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map (and http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout_3_places)

If I remember right the armory was on the very nothern part of the DC City and you can get there approaching it from the wasteland. I'm sure I got to at least some armory that way. Probably around where 54 is on the map. Unless you mean another place (the one I went to was the National Guard Depot not Armory).

I actually bought the strategy guide and thought it was a pretty good buy. I don't buy them for many games but for ones like Fallout and Oblivion I do like having the maps available. It was also pretty much essential to help me find the last few speech challenges available so I could hit the 50 achievement.

For instance if I wanted to repair my "Terrible Shotgun" all I need to do is find a couple generic shotguns to repair it past 50? Moira in Megaton is going to be getting a lot less business from me.

Well, technically you'll need a combat shotgun (the Terrible Shotgun is a unique combat shotgun), but that's how it works.

check out this site, it seemed rather useful for when I needed to find something: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map (and http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout_3_places)

If I remember right the armory was on the very nothern part of the DC City and you can get there approaching it from the wasteland. I'm sure I got to at least some armory that way. Probably around where 54 is on the map. Unless you mean another place (the one I went to was the National Guard Depot not Armory).

I actually bought the strategy guide and thought it was a pretty good buy. I don't buy them for many games but for ones like Fallout and Oblivion I do like having the maps available. It was also pretty much essential to help me find the last few speech challenges available so I could hit the 50 achievement.

That map will be pretty awesome, the Alien site is where the exclusive gun is isn't it.

Yes I meant depot, sorry about that. I'll try to approach from the wasteland because I can't get there any other way so far.

That map will be pretty awesome, the Alien site is where the exclusive gun is isn't it.

Not sure to be honest. I don't remember visiting any alien sites myself. That wiki I think has a run up of all the guns and everything too so I guess it'll say somewhere.

Did anyone else find the Plasma Rifle the best in the game?

As I said earlier I had energy weapons up to 100, and that thing would turn people in to piles of goo all over the place :p

I am just enjoying this game so much. Currently at level 21 and roaming the country with Fawkes and Charon. Gave Charon a set of Tesla Power Armor and Helmet. My favorite weapons are A3-21 Plasma Rifle and the Flamer to roast Giant Radscorpions.Killed 3 Behemoths and waiting for the final two. In the main quest, left Sarah Lyons and Liberty Prime outside Project Purity.

Did anyone else find the Plasma Rifle the best in the game?

As I said earlier I had energy weapons up to 100, and that thing would turn people in to piles of goo all over the place :p

I did. I actually ignored energy weapons until about level 15 as I was going to concentrate on small guns and heavy. At about level 15 but I ran out of ammo elsewhere so I dived into my stockpile of energy weapons and despite my energy weapons being very low at the time I pretty much started using the A3-21 Plasma rifle from then on.

Heavy is a bit overkill besides for mamoths and the small arms is good but I find you chew through ammo pretty quickly with them as it often takes 3 - 6 or so bullets to do what a single shot or maybe 2 of the plasma rifle will accomplish. Also once the enclave are around the plasma guns ammo is in pretty plentiful supply. Also helps to have the perk that gets you extra ammo I imagine.

I am just enjoying this game so much. Currently at level 21 and roaming the country with Fawkes and Charon. Gave Charon a set of Tesla Power Armor and Helmet. My favorite weapons are A3-21 Plasma Rifle and the Flamer to roast Giant Radscorpions.Killed 3 Behemoths and waiting for the final two. In the main quest, left Sarah Lyons and Liberty Prime outside Project Purity.

He he he, level 21?

I just installed a texture mod that enhances Megaton with higher res textures. Damn, these high res texture mods are wicked. I never noticed how distorted and low res the vanilla game textures are until I used mods. I highly recommend the high resolution texture mods.

Just finished playing the main quest. The game was good, but boy is it buggy. Due to the autosave feature, I'm not stuck in the final mission, unable to explore the rest of the wasteland. I feel a bit more polish and time would have made this a classic, rather than just a very good RPG.

I just installed a texture mod that enhances Megaton with higher res textures. Damn, these high res texture mods are wicked. I never noticed how distorted and low res the vanilla game textures are until I used mods. I highly recommend the high resolution texture mods.

Which one did you use? There are a ton out there but I'm looking to install the most popular one.