[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

K, finally got this the other day, been playing it, only gotten as far as the radio station. So I don't have to go back through 60+ pages, toss out your best advice for certain areas and skills/perks. I plan on playing through 3 times to get good/neutral/evil karma.

What difficulty did everybody play on? I don't know, I guess I thought this game wasn't that hard on normal. Playing Oblivion prepared gave me a base foundation for this type of game which helped out in the beginning. Other than selling everything I picked up and buying stimpacks wasn't much I ever used (in ways of drugs). Not sure what weapons you guys are using, but if they are adquetly repaired, not sure why you would need drugs. For example, the Lincoln repeater downs Super Mutants in one or two hits every time, same for that special plasma blaster/rifle.

I don't know, I'll be probably get a lot of flak for the above, but if anybody wants comments/suggestions, I'll be glad to help out. I really enjoyed this game and I want to make sure others get the right help.

Just make sure you do a lot of side missions to level up and everything else won't seem to hard!

My advice for your three main skills; lockpick, small guns, and repair (always repair everything if possible). I focus a lot less of computers/tech because almost anything that has a computer somewhere, will have a locked door/safe that you can more easily lock pick.

K, finally got this the other day, been playing it, only gotten as far as the radio station. So I don't have to go back through 60+ pages, toss out your best advice for certain areas and skills/perks. I plan on playing through 3 times to get good/neutral/evil karma.

Lockpick, repair, energy weapons, and medicine is what I focused on.

Small guns are good, but their use goes down drastically in the 2nd half of the game, at least for me they did. I prefer energy weapons to small guns because the ammo drops much more frequently so then you don't have to buy ammo and when you get a critical hit on an enemy it will goo or ash them depending on what weapon you are using.

I played Fallout 3 so much and I upgraded small guns up to around 65 then when I got to around lvl 11 or 12 I just would use the points on energy weapons as far as offensive skills go. Upgrading medicine is also very beneficial because you can heal yourself much quicker obviously, but by the end of the game each stimpak would heal me around +134 hp, that's insane as your full hp bar is just over 400.

The open ended play of Fallout 3 is amazing though because you can choose completely different skills and go about the game in a different way than someone else does.

I'm kind of itching to restart it now haha

It sucks... Intelligence is low, but I don't get any 'duh duh' response from civilians, like as in FO1 and 2 :(

I'm replaying as a dumb melee person :D

I'm very strong, but I run away from those damn deathclaws :p

Yeah, they are the toughest opponents in the game, by far. It's just the long distance they can jump which makes it tough.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna just add some new locations to the map and stuff like that. Meaning that old saves work as well etc.

That's what they did with Oblivion

Yep, sounds just like what I've heard so far. I just wish it would hurry up already.

what the ..? :unsure:

.kick said he would remind me on msn to play fallout 3 instead when he tried to remind me it came out as "LAY F3" lol

I got Fawkes and he got the GECK for me then I thought he would be stay by my side but he didn't :( Am I missing something or does he not follow you anyway?

Loving this game :D

After you visit the Enclave you'll be able to pick her up as a follower, assuming you're good enough (karma).

After you visit the Enclave you'll be able to pick her up as a follower, assuming you're good enough (karma).

Her, I assumed it was a he from the voice :p Yeah my karma in my game is at the moment is top level :innocent:

Fawkes really does kick ass (Y)

I just realized that the 1.1.0.35 patch came out yesterday lol.

For those of you who have the PC version and need a new mod to spice up the game a bit, try my item description mod. It adds a text description next to the pipboy item images.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2896

post-102256-1231985847_thumb.jpg

Edited by scratch42069

I just found the alien crash site and alien blaster :o

Now you've gotta be careful with that weapon, it's really ra?

Damn I broke my Alien Blaster!:(:( now Vault 87 gets hard!:p:p

Nevermind.

I assume you'd be able to repair it if you have 2 of them.

You could cheat and give yourself another one, then repair it, you've cheated but not by much then :p