[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

He's a rich old guy in a tower... perhaps you're thinking of Miss Moneypenny.

Edit: There are two hunting rifles, actually - one is Lincoln's Repeater, which is in one of the museums in DC (National Archive?). The other is Ol' Painless, which there are actually two of. One is located on Dave, in the Republic of Dave (top-right of the map, I think). Unless you've got good thieving skills, you'll have to kill the guy and his wives or whatever, which will get you negative karma.

The difference between the two is that Lincoln's Repeater uses .44 bullets, while Ol' Painless uses .32 bullets, like the standard hunting rifle.

Oh yeah, that huge tower in the southwest region. I repaired the bomb though.

If I go into that tower, will people hate me because I didn't blow up Megaton?

No but there is a optional quest later where you visit tenpenny as well as dave,

haha I just remembered that I slaughtered every person in Tenpenny tower to test out the cannibalism perk that I got :laugh:

haha I just remembered that I slaughtered every person in Tenpenny tower to test out the cannibalism perk that I got :laugh:

:laugh:

I killed everyone in Paradise Falls once I got the alien blaster :p

:laugh:

I killed everyone in Paradise Falls once I got the alien blaster :p

Paradise Falls is the 'evil' city, right? So, if you kill everybody there, do you get good karma?

And shihchiun, where is the second Ol' Painless? I'm a terrible thief and I don't want to get bad karma.

Paradise Falls is the 'evil' city, right? So, if you kill everybody there, do you get good karma?

And shihchiun, where is the second Ol' Painless? I'm a terrible thief and I don't want to get bad karma.

Paradise Falls is fall of people who collect slaves you can either pay them or kill them lol.

Ok, so it turns out I was kind of wrong - there are other ways to get the key to open the safe with the gun: see here. (Spoilers, I guess). Although... it still looks kinda complicated if you want to avoid bad karma.

I just shot him in the face because I didn't want to bother... if you're really concerned about karma, you can easily make it up by giving pure water to those beggars around the wasteland (there's one outside Rivet City; sometimes they also appear outside Megaton and Tenpenny Tower). You can just keep on giving them purified water until your karma is as high as you want it to be.

The second gun occurs randomly; it's also described on that page.

Isn't Ol' Painless a shotgun?

Nope, those are the Terrible Shotgun (combat) or the Kneecapper (sawed-off).

I got my sniper rifle from tenpenny but I have not seen more then one tho.

I got a sniper rifle off a raider, it was in crap condition and only had 3 bullets though :(

I was a bit miffed because just before I ended the main quest I got the gatling laser which looked awesome lol

Vengeance is even better than the default gatling laser ! :D

Found it in Deathclaw Sanctuary..Getting in was a bit tough, but after I picked up the laser deathclaws dropped like flies :)

@Rappy: How many locations have you discovered and quests u completed?

Hardly anywhere tbh because I did the main quest only...I will go back tho.

It took you months to complete main quest? :o

Yeah because I stopped playing for a few weeks plus I only got the game December 11th lol

LOL

Who/what is tenpenny? That sounds familiar!! I have no idea where I heard it though.

EDIT:

Gosh, I hate the scoped magnum. I picked up the one in Rivet City's bow, and just sold it right away. I always use the hunting rifle. What is the unique one? I wanna get it.

Officer Tenpenny, GTA:San Andreas ;)

j/k

A new set of Forceware drivers came out today (181.22) that fix the crashing that we would get with Fallout 3 and the 181.20 driver.

Fixed Issues?Windows Vista 32-bit

Multi-GPU Issues

? [sLI]: Fallout3?the game crashes in some game maps when played at high

resolutions (1440x900 or higher) and high settings. [500665]

? [sLI], S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Benchmark?added an SLI profile for the

application.[506981]

? GeForce GTX 295: Occasionally, only one GPU is recognized as supporting CUDA

and PhysX after the system is rebooted. [506018]

Fixed Issues?Windows Vista 64-bit

Multi-GPU Issues

? [sLI]: Fallout3?the game crashes in some game maps when played at high

resolutions (1440x900 or higher) and high settings. [500665]

? [sLI], S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Benchmark?added an SLI profile for the

application.[506981]

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_181.22_beta.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_181.22_beta.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_181.22_beta.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_181.22_beta.html

LOL

Who/what is tenpenny? That sounds familiar!! I have no idea where I heard it though.

EDIT:

Gosh, I hate the scoped magnum. I picked up the one in Rivet City's bow, and just sold it right away. I always use the hunting rifle. What is the unique one? I wanna get it.

This Wiley old man

Atenpenny.jpg

Thanks scratch42069, I'll try those. I have been having horrible troubles with the latest drivers if you check the last couple of pages. Hopefully this one clears everything up. I don't play it much since I've been everywhere and done all the quests, but its nice to know its working properly before the DLC comes out.

Thanks scratch42069, I'll try those. I have been having horrible troubles with the latest drivers if you check the last couple of pages. Hopefully this one clears everything up. I don't play it much since I've been everywhere and done all the quests, but its nice to know its working properly before the DLC comes out.

No problem :) These drivers are excellent btw. I know you were having problems with crashing and 181.20 so these should work nicely for you. I started to get crashes myself with 181.20 after you posted about it lol. I'm on the 181.22 and have not had a single crash outdoors or when in VATS.

There are 3 sniper rifles that all use the same skin... Sniper Rifle, Victory Rifle (Knock-down on critical) and Reservist's Rifle (x5 Criticals)

WOW!! Where do I get the Reservist's Rifle? Or is it actually worth it? And can someone answer my question about caps?

Bloody hell.... I had this for the PS3 since release, didn't do much of the main quest just explored and did alot of side quests. I managed to get up to lvl 17 and i never saw a Deathclaw or a supermutant behemoth.

Decided to trade it in and get the 360 version for the dlc. Have been playing for a day or so and I'm at lvl 6, so far I've been attacked by about 6 Deathclaws (The first time i saw one charging at me i **** my self, evil looking things they are :laugh:) and beaten down by a damn supermutant behemoth that came out of nowhere :blink: