Why am I about to buy my third Xbox 360 Live headset?

This last week my second Xbox 360 headset has started to stop working. About half the words get through, so it is pretty much worthless. This last headset lasted me about 6 months before my first one stopped working completely.

I don't treat my things badly, I actually take quite good care of them. Any reason why my headsets keep breaking? I'm just saying it is beginning to get a bit expensive replacing them.

Is this related to the RRoD? Maybe the headsets share some chip inside or something....

But seriously, they just aren't made that great. They are very flimsy as it is, it doesn't take much for them to stop working properly. Maybe you should buy a 3rd party headset this time around?

No they suck ass, I am on my third one as well.

Call MS, dont buy it, I did not have to buy this latest one I have, I complained like all hell I was about to buy my third one, and they gave me a new one.

Thanks for the advice Larry, I think I will do that. I should have specified earlier, the two that crapped out on me were the ones with the Mute/plug/switch thing right next to the controller plug in, not the one with the on/off just somewhere in the cord. If you need more explanation, I google a picture. :p

No they suck ass, I am on my third one as well.

Call MS, dont buy it, I did not have to buy this latest one I have, I complained like all hell I was about to buy my third one, and they gave me a new one.

I'm on my third too.

When my last two ''broke'' they had the same issue, I had to either tape the wire on the back of the controller or hold it back otherwise i couldn't hear anyone.

So if you guys are suggesting that I should just try to tape the part that hooks to the controller? I mean it would take like 5 minutes so it is worth trying if it works, so I might as well.

This is an example of the mic I have.

xbox360ph_headset.jpg

I'm on my third as well, since launch. When my second one crapped out I found a $20 deal on the messenger kit with the chat pad. It's been over a year and it's still holding up pretty well. I think you just gotta get lucky and find one that's not a lemon.

So if you guys are suggesting that I should just try to tape the part that hooks to the controller? I mean it would take like 5 minutes so it is worth trying if it works, so I might as well.

This is an example of the mic I have.

xbox360ph_headset.jpg

If someone is talking on the other end of the line can you hear them if you move the wire about?

If so, find the point that the wire needs to be for sound to come through then tape it.

I often don't hear one specific friend over XBL voice chat (crappy mic?) and one headset I had was all decoloured .. it looked gross..

I hate wearing the thing so I barely talk over XBL these days. I don't do much Living realy these days...

I know on my latest headset that I can hear people but I can't remember if I can hear people on my first headset or not. I'll try like taping it really good against the 360 controller itself to see if I can fix it or not.

I know on my latest headset that I can hear people but I can't remember if I can hear people on my first headset or not. I'll try like taping it really good against the 360 controller itself to see if I can fix it or not.

Mystic your not the only one with the problem, I take good care of my headset too but mines also broke, I can hear people but people gets loud static from me :(

They're cheap. That's why it's bundled with every console. It wouldn't make sense to bundle a high quality headset. :p

You shouldn't have too...It is a "Microsoft" accessory not a knock 3rd party brand. You would expect them to perform thus.

I am only on my second because I threw my first one, lmao. I've never had one just quit out on me. The only thing that bugs me with it is how it connects to the controller. It is really easy to slide out, the only ones had a puck that held it in there real good, but that is gone now. :(

If you are going to get a 3rd, don't get one from Microsoft. Get one from Turtle Beach.

And at last, don't feel to bad, guess what happened to me a few hours ago... images explains it all. :(

b655280ea91c25bf128e4acc34d3e4ec.jpeg

Just buy another XBL starter kit, they are usually bundled with headsets.

Two birds one stone etc etc :yes:

It's what I do anyway.

Nah, just bought a new subscription so not really needed, but thanks anyways.

Isn't it just a mini-jack thing? Like..can't you just get pretty much any headset and plug it in with the help of an adapter? That's what I'd do, but all my headsets work fine.