Football: Winter Transfers 2008

I have to agree with Marty on this one. Kaka has proven himself to be one of the best time and again.. Denilson is nowhere near him.. or no where near Nasri for that matter.. I can't understand how he can be the most expensive footballer if he hasn't proven himself at the highest level!? Anyways.. Kaka will be a hit.. like Robinho.. but football is a team sport and as someone of rightly pointed out.. their might be a lil bit of jealousy in his team mates if they pay him 500k a week. Will be interesting to see if they support him.. or tackle him for the ball :p

I don't how he was to be honest but he was :|

Den?lson, full name Den?lson de Oliveira Ara?jo, (born August 24, 1977 in Diadema, Brazil) is a football winger, who in 1998 became the most expensive footballer in the world when Real Betis paid S?o Paolo ?21.5m. He was recently released by Palmeiras and had a trial with Bolton Wanderers Football Club but they didn't sign him

And the saga continues.. and its getting more and more insane by the day!!

According to The Sun, Britain's favourite rumour-mill, Manchester City's bid for AC Milan superstar Kaka now totals a staggering €271 million (?243 million).

It was initially reported that the Sky Blues had offered the Rossoneri around €100 million, with a further €82 million reserved for the Brazilian international's wages.

However, as things stand, the Premier League club's proposal weighs in at €120 million each for the transfer fee and Kaka's pay, with the extra €31 million going to brokers, agents, et al.

It is an astonishing sum of money, and one that clearly separates City - backed Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi - from Europe's other spending powers.

And with negotiations now in full swing, it wouldn't be entirely surprising if Milan accepted such an overwhelming offer - although it remains to be seen whether Kaka himself can be tempted away from San Siro.

So 100M was insane?! How about ?243M then?!:wacko:o:blink:k: Thats enf to buy a whole world class team!

The possibility of AC Milan's Brazilian star moving to the Premier League for a world-record fee dominated the sports pages this week.

Wenger has money of his own to spend during the transfer window but admitted that he found it hard to comprehend the prospect of a nine-figure transfer deal in a world beset by economic problems.

"First of all I don’t know if it’s true," he said. "We have not seen it and that is the difference. We have seen it in the papers but that doesn’t mean these numbers are true.

"It doesn’t look real to me at all. It is like an abstraction. If you say to me 'I am a billionaire', I say 'OK but I don’t know what it really means'. It [the offer for Kaka] doesn’t look in connection with today’s world because on one side we have the economic situation which is quite worrying and for me this is abstraction.

"I don’t feel in connection with that at all because we live in a football club which lives in the real world. That means we spend the money we make from our income.

"The implications [of a ?100million transfer] would be disturbance on the market. Inflationary trend in a deflationary world.

"But it leaves Arsenal where we are now. That means we spend the money we produce and we make. We are in a world where we live from three kinds of income – gate receipts, the sponsors and the television money. That is the real world of football.

"The rest is exceptional and is not the rule of our world. It is a special income with unlimited resources, but it’s not the real world.

"Whether it is us, Sunderland or Coventry we live with the same rules. Manchester City are in a different world because they do not live with their income."

2 for the Liverpool ppl..

Out-of-favour winger Jermaine Pennant - who has made only four appearances for Liverpool this season - is in demand by Portsmouth manager Tony Adams.

The former Wycombe Wanderers manager will be acutely aware of Pennant's talents as the pair trained together at north London club Arsenal.

According to various reports a ?2 million fee was tabled early this morning, and Sky Sports News have now confirmed that the two clubs have agreed a fee allowing Portsmouth to thrash out personal terms with the 26-year old.

Pennant will be Adams' second major piece of business during the current transfer window, after the Pompey boss secured dynamic left sided player Nadir Belhadj to a permanent contract.

Milan are on the verge of announcing the signing of Liverpool defender Daniel Agger on a permanent deal.

The 24-year-old stopper has been a long-time target of the Rossoneri and Sportmediaset claims a deal has been reached after

Adriano Galliani met with the player's agent, Per Steffensen, in Milan. Agger will sign a four year deal at that Stadio San Siro and

the Italian giants will transfer ?9 million into the Reds bank account.

There have been constant denials over the move but it seems that Milan have finally landed their man. The Rossoneri have been keen on strengthening at the back for some time. They have finally achieved it this week as Agger's arrival follows that of Felipe Mattioni from Gremio.

The Danish international will be available to play for coach Carlo Ancelotti as soon as all the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered. Agger's contract with Liverpool was set to run until 2010. However, a clause in the deal allowed the player to find another club and leave from June 2008 onwards.

16.18 Reports in Dubai claim Manchester City's owner Sheikh Mansour has told friends that Kaka has agreed to join the club from AC Milan in a world-record transfer deal.

:o

They'll still be an average team. What amazes me is that they are trying to sign the likes of Bellamy and Scott Parker to play along side him! Both decent players, but nowhere near the calibre of Kaka.

Bellamy will leave but I think not to City, Spurs will grab him I feel for about ?12m with ?10m straight up thats what I heard today.

Its done!! its seems they got him!

Kaka has been linked with the richest club in the world for several months now, but the speculation of a possible move really began to heat up earlier this week.

"Arabian Business" claimed this morning on their website, arabianbusiness.com, that a deal had been sealed, which will see Manchester City pay Milan around ?112 million, while Kaka will earn ?380,000 per week.

However, within hours the report was removed from the website.

If true, the move would smash Zinedine Zidane's transfer fee record from 2001 when he moved to Real Madrid from Juventus for ?76m. Kaka also would become the highest paid player in football history.

The future of Kaka remains shrouded in doubt, despite the overwhelming support of 65,000 fans and his AC Milan team-mates on Saturday night.

The Brazil playmaker put his hand to his heart as he left the field of play at the end of his side's 1-0 win over Fiorentina, waving emotionally and applauding the fans who have grown to love him over the past five years.

His team-mates all took turns in hugging him in scenes which could easily be interpreted as a send-off from the Lombardian city.

Kaka now faces an unprecedented test of character in deciding whether to accept Manchester City's millions - and turn his back on the affection shown so palpably - or stay put.

The future of Kaka remains shrouded in doubt, despite the overwhelming support of 65,000 fans and his AC Milan team-mates on Saturday night.

The Brazil playmaker put his hand to his heart as he left the field of play at the end of his side's 1-0 win over Fiorentina, waving emotionally and applauding the fans who have grown to love him over the past five years.

His team-mates all took turns in hugging him in scenes which could easily be interpreted as a send-off from the Lombardian city.

Kaka now faces an unprecedented test of character in deciding whether to accept Manchester City's millions - and turn his back on the affection shown so palpably - or stay put.

Is it done? Finally?

It's far from done

Anyway we just conned Man City out of ?14m

Striker Craig Bellamy has completed his transfer from West Ham to Manchester City for an undisclosed fee.

The Wales international, 29, underwent a medical earlier on Monday ahead of joining the eighth club of his career on a four-year contract.

He was left out of West Ham's squad for Sunday's 3-1 win over Fulham, having told club officials on Friday that he wanted to leave.

West Ham agreed a deal with City on Sunday. The fee is thought to be ?14m.

Man City boss Mark Hughes, who managed Bellamy at Blackburn and during his time in charge of Wales, said: "I am delighted to be working with Craig once more.

Kaka rejects City

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has turned down a lucrative move to Manchester City.

"Kaka is staying at Milan," said a club spokesman, after team owner Silvio Berlusconi told Italian television the 26-year-old had opted not to leave.

City issued a statement saying they had ended talks, believing it was unlikely a deal could be struck with Milan.

"A transfer must work commercially, financially, results on the field and within City's broader community," said executive chairman Garry Cook.

"The discussions reached only a preliminary stage and the player was not involved at any time." added Cook, who spent Monday in meetings with Milan officials and Kaka's father and advisor Bosco Leite. "No commercial terms were framed."

City's bid for Kaka was reportedly worth a ?100m, more than ?50m than the current world transfer fee record Real Madrid paid to Juventus to sign Zinedine Zidane in 2001 and that the Premier League club were willing to pay the Brazilian weekly wages of ?500,000.

"That's the end of the story," Berlusconi told Italian television. "I'm truly delighted to have kept Kaka at Milan.

"Kaka is a great champion and a great man. He's refused the offer from Manchester City giving privilege to Milan, his companions and his fans.

"He said it's because money isn't everything in life. Kaka is staying with us and we're delighted. Money is important, but there are also other things that are important.

"The fans are delighted too. Turning down so much money is something to admire."

Earlier hundred of Milan fans had protested outside the club's headquarters over the possible sale of the Brazilian to Manchester City in a ?100m transfer.

Good on you K(Y) (Y)

Kaka rejects City

Good on you Kaka (Y)

He did a great thing for football!!

Saviola also rejected Pompey:

After the transfer of Jermaine Defoe back to Tottenham, Pompey are short of cover in the striking department and with Tony Adams recouping a substantial amount of transfer revenue from the sale of both Defoe and also Lassana Diarra, he has money to spend on strengthening his squad.

Saviola has once again been a peripheral figure at the Bernabeu this season, and despite Bernd Schuster being replaced by Juande Ramos, and first choice striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy missing most of the season through injury, the Argentine has still had few minutes on the pitch for Los Blancos.

According to the English press Real Madrid had accepted an offer from the Premier League club, but Saviola has rebuffed their offer and the player looks set to stay and fight for his place in Madrid.

Now this is the kind of footballer who always confuses me. He wants to be at a big club just for the sake of being there.. they hardly ever play him, yet he prefers to waste himself more than being a first choice striker elsewhere :blink: . Saviola had a chance to be one of the best at Pompey, yet he chooses to be one of the rest at Madrid! His loss!!

Edited by Kralik

as a man city fan i'm glad we didn't buy/get kaka even though we can obviously afford it.

a) no one is worth ?100m

b) his goal scoring record isn't actually that sensational. as a player he's probably worth ?25m tops.

b) his goal scoring record isn't actually that sensational. as a player he's probably worth ?25m tops.

Kaka is an exceptionally good playmaker.. he has vision and he can finish. He won Ballon d'OR and FIFA player of the year in 2007, was nominated in 2008 and is worth ?50M easy!! How can you say he's not worth a lot? If this is that City fans think its a good thing you didn't get him.. coz you don't deserve him then. As far as his goal scoring goes.. he plays in Serie A.. and the Italian teams are known for one thing.. their defence.. still he scored 19 in 41 appearances in all competitions in 2007-08 for Milan and 7 in 16 so far this season.. I'd say thats pretty good for a MIDEFIELD player provided some strikers end up with 20 goals in a season!!

I'm glad he didn't move coz its bad for football to have so much money being spent on one player + it would prove history is nothing and anyone with money can have a great football club..

Who's next on Man City's list? :laugh:

They got Bellamy and agreed a fees with Hamburg for Nigel de Jong..

Santa Cruz was a target too but..

Sam Allardyce says it would take a bid of ?40million for Blackburn Rovers to agree to sell star striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The Paraguay international is high on Manchester City's wanted list, but the Eastlands side have so far failed in their attempts to agree a fee for his services.

Santa Cruz joined the Ewood Park outfit from Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich in the summer of 2007 for a bargain price of ?3.5million when current City boss Mark Hughes was at the Ewood Park helm.

Allardyce, who is attempting to guide Blackburn away from the relegation trapdoor, says the club have little need for cash at this stage of the season.

Bought ?3.5M.. selling prince ?40M.. what a buy this guy has proven to(Y) (Y)

Dick Advocaat, the Zenit St Petersburg manager, has confirmed that Andrei Arshavin's ?15 million transfer to Arsenal was all but assured.

Arshavin has travelled to Dubai on a pre-season tour but Arsenal executives are due in St Petersburg on Tuesday to finalise the details of the deal.

The forward held talks before leaving with Advocaat and Alexander Dyukov, the Zenit president, at which he was told that the club were ready to accept an improved Arsenal offer.

The Arsenal board are believed to have tabled an initial bid of ?8 million ? despite Zenit's valuation of ?20 million. They have since raised their offer to ?15 million. Advocaat admitted: "Negotiations with Arsenal continue, and the chances are very high that Arshavin will soon play in the Premier League."

Zenit's change in attitude has been brought about largely by their acquisition of Portugal striker Danny from Dinamo Moscow, for a Russian transfer record of ?30 million, which should sharpen their side's attack even in Arshavin's absence.

The transfer represents a substantial coup for Arsenal in light of the interest already expressed in Arshavin by Manchester City and Inter Milan.

Kaka is a legend for saving football by turning down Man City's ridiculous bid. I think Man City should use their money more wisely buy buying a few wicked defenders and a few strikers, why waste all the money on one player? Don't get me wrong Kaka is a unique player but no one is worth 100 million.

Yeah with that sort of money you could buy some top rated youngsters for the future, the problem is people know you have money so they will try and take as much as you can off you.