New ban wave?

But I was trying to point out, ripping apart your 360 to modify the firmware (risky as it is) to then void your warranty against all hardware failure is a bit of a push just for the slight chance you might ruin a disc.

Yup. And surely its much cheaper to replace a damaged disk than the whole cost of modifying your box ;) unless there is some other reason to do so? :shifty:

Ok, what about if you don't like finger prints on the retail disk?

A pet hate I have personally :p

There's a technique to avoiding that my friend, thought you would know ;)

You use your feet.

Nah, not really :p

Like putting your finger in the hole!

Oh no he diiiiiidn't!

you know what else you can stick in that hole... your toe... perverts, you thought i meant something else

You are right, just because someone got the game early, and it's a legit copy doesn't mean microsoft will ban them. Also Modding your console is not illegal. Its your, their may be Terms of Services that say you can't do it and if you do you will be banned from their online service, but it doesn't mean modding your console is illegal, because its not. Before you post something and misinform people, think before you do it please. Giga said it best below

God please forgive me :rolleyes:

Ok, fine, how about "It's illegal relative the Microsoft Xbox Live Terms of Service, though not necessarily relative to the federal government."

Happy? If you couldn't figure out the point I was getting at, you've other problems to worry about than being banned.

-Spenser

God please forgive me :rolleyes:

Ok, fine, how about "It's illegal relative the Microsoft Xbox Live Terms of Service, though not necessarily relative to the federal government."

Happy? If you couldn't figure out the point I was getting at, you've other problems to worry about than being banned.

-Spenser

oh my bad that i couldn't understand your false statement, next time i'll try to read your mind... thanks for the heads up though.

oh my bad that i couldn't understand your false statement, next time i'll try to read your mind... thanks for the heads up though.

It wasn't that difficult to figure out. It's not like I implied that you were going to jail for it. All I was implying was that there would be repurcussions for it, which there are. There aren't necessarily repurcussions for just having 'backups'. I'm sorry you take things way too literally. I'll keep that in mind though in the future.

-Spenser

It wasn't that difficult to figure out. It's not like I implied that you were going to jail for it. All I was implying was that there would be repurcussions for it, which there are. There aren't necessarily repurcussions for just having 'backups'.

-Spenser

stifler, you should know by now, but here's the "pirates bible" of definitions

piracy-is-not-theft.gif

:laugh:

I love hearing the "but I'm not stealing anything" line. It's comedy gold.

It wasn't that difficult to figure out. It's not like I implied that you were going to jail for it. All I was implying was that there would be repurcussions for it, which there are. There aren't necessarily repurcussions for just having 'backups'. I'm sorry you take things way too literally. I'll keep that in mind though in the future.

-Spenser

your words were literally

modding a console is illegal

... what else is anyone suppose to read from that?

your words were literally

... what else is anyone suppose to read from that?

He clarified it's illegal in the T&C, which it is.

Cmon, stop arguing, the guy wasn't clear, but he cleared it up for you (Y)

MS will ban your 360 for being modded, as it's illegal to them.

stifler, you should know by now, but here's the "pirates bible" of definitions

<snip>

I love hearing the "but I'm not stealing anything" line. It's comedy gold.

Nice one.

-Spenser

Guys, 1st rule about modding a 360: You don't talk about modding a 360.

Lol, go on then. Whats the second rule? :rofl:

And if your using pirated software then maybe you deserve a mighty ban slap to the face.