i-SUB for Windows-Based-PC

Buy a good stereo, and connect a stereo cable to your AUX port in the stereo to the back of your computer. It will give you much better sound quality than those overpriced iCrap speakers.

BTW I have it set up right now, it will only cost you around $5 if you already have a stereo with AUX/TV.

Equipment needed:

stereo cable (like headphones one)

AUX plug

Stereo plug

Then join a plug on each end, turn your stereo on AUX/TV and youre done!

My AUX-Port is already in use.

That was not what i asked for. I WANT the i-SUB. It?s the best Subwoofer i ever had.

So i want to know if there is a chance to use it with a Windows-PC ?

Here's an the answer I got from them:

The iSub will work on some of the older generation iMacs, however you may not hear cd audio on some models. The CD/DVD rom drive cannot generate the required USB signal to power the SoundSticks. The iSub was designed specifically for the slot-loading iMacs with internal Harman-Kardon speakers, they will also work with the new G4 PowerMacs equipped with the Apple Pro speakers.

Best Regards,

Harman-Multimedia

Unfortunatley[sp], they didn't answer my question completley[sp]. I have a feeling that the iSub will work for the PC just as the Sound Stick set does...but with very very limited support and control. As of yet, I haven't found any PC programs/drivers/hacks that can control either of these speaker sets.

From http://www.harman-multimedia.com/phase_II/.../hfaq_isub.html the manufactures of the thing:

Will the iSub work with my Windows machine?

No. The USB iSub has been designed specifically to work in conjunction with the iMacs that contain the Harman Kardon integrated speakers. For speakers and a subwoofer made for Windows machines, please see the HK 595 speaker system.

Can I hookup the iSub to my stereo?

No. The iSub has a USB connection and is configured to work only with Apple's 350 MHz and iMac DV models. Please visit the Harman Kardon, JBL and Infinity Web sites to learn more about our stereo equipment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure there are cheaper and better speakers out there than these things. I doubt they can be hacked.

They also said this, which isn't exactly true.

Will the iSub work with my older version iMac, iBook, Powerbook, Power Macintosh G3, or Power Mac G4? No. See our SoundSticks complete sound system including speakers and a subwoofer.

I emailed the same question about the Sound Stick set for Wintel systems and they gave me the same coined answer. No...blah blah not designed...A month later, NextGen magazine had a small review of them and how they work with limited support...I bet it's the same with the iSub. Just very very limited support.

They just give those types of answers on their website so they don't have to give support to those who buy them for wintel's. Which isn't a bad thing...just not neccesarily[sp] factual.

Ok. Thanks guys.

That?s odd, because i really loved the i-SUB and few months ago i read that they planned to release the I-SUB for WindowsPC?s. But i think they stopped it.

Thanks anyway.