turning off onboard sound on phoenix award bios?

hey, iv got an Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus motherboard, it came with a small 'supremeFX' sound card which fits into its own slot on the motherboard, i dont know if this is onboard sound or not, but i got an auzentech prelude sound card and am having problems with it, iv allready removed the supremeFX card, but people say u need to disable onboard sound for the thing to work properly.

i have pheonix award bios(or so it says at the top of the bios screen) but i cannot location any 'onboard sound' option anywhere in there. there is an advanced section, with hardward configuation sub section, which contains 'HD audio [auto]' and "front pannel sound(or something) [HD audio]", couple of other seemingly unrelated stuff also. i dont understand any of this, and am a noob with this stuff.

does anyone know how to do this plz?

thanks for your time.

It often isn't listed in the BIOS as "onboard sound". It is typically denoted by chipset, such as AC '97 audio, or whatever. Your user manual should have more information of the audio setup. Otherwise, any reference that you find in the BIOS to "audio" should be disabled (not AUTO).

On a side note, the same applies to any other feature or interface not used (such as secondary NIC's, serial ports, parallal ports, etc.). Each device enabled in the BIOS uses system resources.

thank you very much for the replys.

that's not onboard sound...

so there will not be any option in the bios i need to disable then?

It often isn't listed in the BIOS as "onboard sound". It is typically denoted by chipset, such as AC '97 audio, or whatever. Your user manual should have more information of the audio setup. Otherwise, any reference that you find in the BIOS to "audio" should be disabled (not AUTO).

On a side note, the same applies to any other feature or interface not used (such as secondary NIC's, serial ports, parallal ports, etc.). Each device enabled in the BIOS uses system resources.

would the bios switch its options to the new card that iv installed? and if i disable the 'HD audio' option, which is currently set to auto, could it disable my new sound card instead?

i remember the 'front pannel audio' being set to HD audio and i checked which options where available, the other option was AC '97. i wasnt sure which one was needed so i left everything the same in the bios, would you recommend changing something there?

all this stuff confuses me. i appreciated the help