[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Blasphemy! GTO > Darker than Black. However, we do have significant differences in preferences.

I didn't check them all but i wouldnt have given black lagoon a 9 (havn't finished it yet though), and you gave GTO a 9.

GTO is awesome, but I enjoy the sci-fi stuff over the comedy/dramas so I rate them higher.

Started watching 'Darker than Black', only done 2 episodes but it seems pretty good so far.

I guess GTO will be on hold for a while. Even though its pretty funny, it isn't keeping my attention anymore... :/

I too started watching Darker then Black a few days back. I'm on episode 8 at the moment and I'm finding it very interesting.

Blasphemy! GTO > Darker than Black. However, we do have significant differences in preferences.

Well you really can't compare those two can you? After all they are of different genres

Well you really can't compare those two can you? After all they are of different genres

There are some movies or anime series that are such a good watch that you don't consider the genre anymore. For example, my list might seem that I prefer mecha but there are many anime series/movies such as Millennium Actress, Mush-shi, Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 5 cm/s, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away, Spice and Wolf and Grave of the Fireflies. GTO was one of the earlier anime series I watched (a series I watched when I saw less than thirty series) and I never really bothered to find something in a specific genre (which I still do with the exception of harem anime, excessive use of loli characters and most that sticks to high school drama like Clannad and KGNE).

Note: Millennium Actress is a phenomenal movie.

There are some movies or anime series that are such a good watch that you don't consider the genre anymore.

Agreed but it also varies amongst the individuals :)

It was kickass to see Lan Fan come back and take down Gluttony with an automail at the end of the latest FMA: B episode :D

It was kickass to see Lan Fan come back and take down Gluttony with an automail at the end of the latest FMA: B episode :D

Spoilers! spoilers!! :rofl: Just kidding mate

I've just finished watching Summer Wars and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a mix of comedy with action with a nice story. Both the animation and music where of great quality. Specially loved how the scenery looked (Y)

I must also add that it's definitely a must-watch if you liked The Girl Who Leaped Through Time. Both movies are directed by Mamoru Hosoda :)

Edited by Capric0rn

I've just finished watching Summer Wars and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a mix of comedy with action with a nice story. Both the animation and music where of great quality. Specially loved how the scenery looked (Y)

I must also add that it's definitely a must-watch if you liked The Girl Who Leaped Through Time. Both movies are directed by Mamoru Hosoda :)

Watch Ocean Waves. It gives me a severe case of nostalgia for some reason. It's VERY similar to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and is a Ghibli movie.

^It's already on my "Plan to watch" list ;)

Latest FMA: B was great! It's gonna be interesting to see what Lan Fan has up her sleeve (no pun intended :p)

Edited by Capric0rn

Watch Ocean Waves. It's VERY similar to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and is a Ghibli movie.

Must have missed the time-leaping when I watched it :p I'd say Ocean Waves is similar to Whisper of the Heart instead.

Must have missed the time-leaping when I watched it :p I'd say Ocean Waves is similar to Whisper of the Heart instead.

The one reason I did not enjoy Whisper of the Heart was that the protagonists were terribly young. It seemed like a fairy tale written in the early 1900's. Ocean Waves was refreshing and had mature, realistic character interactions. It felt closer to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time with time manipulation (Ocean Waves had childhood flashbacks) without the sci-fi elements.

The one reason I did not enjoy Whisper of the Heart was that the protagonists were terribly young. It seemed like a fairy tale written in the early 1900's. Ocean Waves was refreshing and had mature, realistic character interactions. It felt closer to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time with time manipulation (Ocean Waves had childhood flashbacks) without the sci-fi elements.

and what age band you class as that?

and what age band you class as that?

14 and under. It depends on the genre. I am not bothered by Dragon Ball and Naruto. However, in Eureka Seven, there were a few children that were definitely under 10 and I got frustrated by how much airtime they got.There are exceptions to the rule, such as Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies and Akira.

They add a certain depth to the story, like the kids in Eureka seveN did.

They add a certain depth to the story, like the kids in Eureka seveN did.

It crossed my line even though they did allow more character development for the rest of Holland's crew. Two young teenagers were enough for that show. If the kids were a small filler story that spanned a few episodes, then I would not have found them annoying.

Then how would that've played out with Eureka? When she saw the kids helpless in the ravage of their home, she was shocked and changed her thoughts about fighting. If those kids weren't in it, the story would've been very different.

Then how would that've played out with Eureka? When she saw the kids helpless in the ravage of their home, she was shocked and changed her thoughts about fighting. If those kids weren't in it, the story would've been very different.

If the producers made it a few episodes about why Eureka changed here mind when she saw

the orphans

, then that would have been better.

They didn't need to do that as it was pretty obvious why she changed her mind. At least to me it was obvious while watching :p

Anyone been watching One Piece recently? I wonder if it's good right now.. I haven't seen it since about 425.

Anyone been watching One Piece recently? I wonder if it's good right now.. I haven't seen it since about 425.

It's getting interesting.

Luffy is about to try save Ace with the help of Ivanco

:)

It feels like being a while since I posted in this thread, but is it me or bleach manga is going down the drain. I just don't feel exited that I used to feel when reading it, on the other hand one piece and naruto is doing ok now. Especially after

ace died (or did he)